Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 20, 03, 4:10 pm   #1

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, UA 1K/2 MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
Hilton HHonors Properties in Seoul

I did a search. Found nothing directly. Please comment on Hiltons in Seoul. Especially treatment of Diamond members. Thanks
RTWSTARALLIANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 03, 5:03 pm   #2

Programs: QF WP LTG, BA Silver
Am only a lowly Gold, but stayed at the Grand Hilton Seoul earlier this year on an Award stay and was treated fantastically. I was upgraded to a suite, but I think this was due to a low occupancy at the time.

But I can't speak highly enough of the staff or the property itself. The only negative is that the hotel is not in central Seoul, but is only a short 10-15 mins on the subway. It is the closer of the two properties to Incheon airport.

Hope this helps, enjoy your stay in Seoul.
inasmuchas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 03, 8:37 pm   #3

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005273.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/006290.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/007143.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/007445.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/007687.html

There are 2 hilton properties in Seoul. The Hilton Seoul is downtown and the Grand Hilton is about 15 mins from downtown. The Grand Hilton offers free shuttle service to various Seoul locations every half hour or so and also the return trip as well. I like it because it is a little less hectic and the air is a bit fresher there If you have any other questions, let me know.
Old Jun 21, 03, 4:56 am   #4

inasmuchas and korea71 Thank you both. I was between Westin and Hyatt. Now more choices. Regards to you both
Old Jun 21, 03, 8:03 am   #5

What is the purpose of your trip? It may have some bearing as to where you would want to stay. As a HH diamond, you will not be disappointed.
Old Jun 21, 03, 3:44 pm   #6

Just a tourist. Always looking for a write off. Wanna have a drink. Regards
Old Jun 21, 03, 4:42 pm   #7

You never posted when you are going. If I am in Seoul at the same time, sure. As a tourist, why don't you try a stay at all the hotels while earning stay credit at all of them. There is a also a Ritz that is not too expensive.
Old Jun 21, 03, 9:27 pm   #8

Mid-September. I have a FFN reservation at the Grand Hyatt. A SPG50 discounted reservation at the Westin. Have Hilton as a option with award certificates issued. Any opinion. The Hyatt sounds great and I know it is always highly rated. Your overall opinion. As I get closer I will e-mail you direct. Regards
Old Jun 21, 03, 10:23 pm   #9

Programs: LH, DL/NW, US, HHon, SPG
If "Mid-September" means anything between September 9 and 15, be advised that this year there is an extended major holiday 9/10-14. On the 9th and 14th/15th there will be traffic hell, as 48 million people will be trying to travel inter-city. On the 10th-14th businesses will be open only limited hours, (or not at all, in the case of banks, gov't offices, etc.). It's the only time of year when you can actually enjoy QUIET streets in Seoul.

SeoulMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 03, 1:36 pm   #10

I just decided that I will be going to Korea the first week of July with a side trip to Singapore for a week or so. I may be going again in Sept. so let me know.
Old Jul 3, 03, 10:06 am   #11

Location: SEA/PDX/NRT/SIN almost every month. I love my sanctuary at Sentosa Cove
Programs: UA 1K-MM, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plt
I found a reasonable rate on www.asia-hotels.com for Grand Hilton (US$106). From most FT'ers account of this hotel, it is outside the downtown area. Is it going to be tough finding transportation back to hotel if I venture out late in the night (e.g. night market) Are there any subway stations nearby, and how costly is a ride on the tube to downtown?

Also, how much is a cab fare from ICN to Grand Hilton? I reckon if it is not too much of a difference, I'll save the trouble with switching shuttles.

As much as I like to stay at Seoul Hilton, I find it to be on the pricey side(US$167).
Anyone managed to get a better rate?
ws8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 03, 1:54 pm   #12

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ws8n:
I found a reasonable rate on www.asia-hotels.com for Grand Hilton (US$106). </font>
Let us know if you get any elite benefits at this rate & if you get stay credit & points.
Old Jul 4, 03, 8:23 am   #13

Programs: LH, DL/NW, US, HHon, SPG
ws8n, there's no problem getting a taxi back to the Grand Hilton late at night. The cheaper cabs will cost about 10,000 won from the Namsan area (that's a little more than $8). The subway costs 700 won (58 cents), but it stops running before midnight. There's a station about a 7 or 8-minute walk from the hotel.

A regular (cheap) taxi from Incheon to that hotel will run about 50-60,000 won ($41-$50), depending on traffic. That can be reduced about 50% by taking one of the frequent and comfortable buses that run from Incheon airport to Kimpo airport, then a taxi (there should be plenty of taxis waiting in a queue there).
SeoulMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 03, 9:01 pm   #14

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ws8n:
Also, how much is a cab fare from ICN to Grand Hilton? I reckon if it is not too much of a difference, I'll save the trouble with switching shuttles.

</font>
There is a shuttle bus that goes from the airport to the bottom of the hill of the hotel. Once you arrive, there is a minivan that will take you to the top of the hill and to check in. Cost of this trip is W7000 WON per person. Much cheaper than a cab.
Old Jul 7, 03, 4:32 am   #15

Location: SEA/PDX/NRT/SIN almost every month. I love my sanctuary at Sentosa Cove
Programs: UA 1K-MM, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plt
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by korea71:
There is a shuttle bus that goes from the airport to the bottom of the hill of the hotel. Once you arrive, there is a minivan that will take you to the top of the hill and to check in. Cost of this trip is W7000 WON per person. Much cheaper than a cab.</font>
What's the frequency of the airport shuttle bus and the hotel minivan? Does the airport shuttle bus know where to drop me off if I tell him Grand Hilton?
Will probably get into ICN around 8pm from NRT UA flight.

I reckon by the time I check-in, it will be about 9pm. Any suggestions on where I can grab some good dinner and what to do at night?
ws8n is offline   Reply With Quote