Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa {FJI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa {FJI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
is it possible to get a rollaway in the studio beach fronts? i cannot seem to find details

thanks
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:31 pm
Company Representative - Waldorf Astoria Maldives

Bula footastic,
a rollaway is not possible in studio beachfront accommodation.
It is an option in the studio garden view accommodation (larger size, but no ocean view).
any further assistance needed, just let me know or email me at [email protected]
hope to see you in Fiji soon!
Frederic
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by Frederic Lebegue
Bula footastic,
a rollaway is not possible in studio beachfront accommodation.
It is an option in the studio garden view accommodation (larger size, but no ocean view).
any further assistance needed, just let me know or email me at [email protected]
hope to see you in Fiji soon!
Frederic
Thanks!!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I stayed here for a night this week. I had booked a low pre-paid rate, but then Fiji Airways cancelled my flights and it looked like I wouldn't be able to make it.

I emailed the hotel (and the Diamond email) and the hotel was very accommodating about offering a refund or a credit on a future stay.

It turns out I was able to make it there a few days later, was upgraded to a huge one bedroom beachfront apartment that included a small semi-private pool outside (looks like it might be shared with 1-2 other apartments?).

Breakfast was pretty good. There is a convenience store on site. This property definitely seems geared towards couples or families.

I would definitely stay here again when passing through Nadi.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:31 am

I stayed here in early May with my family and I had a very good time. The pools were amazing and the staff was quite friendly. The rooms were nice and I really liked the artwork that decorated both the inside and outside of the rooms. The grounds were immaculately maintained. Yes some rooms are a bit far from the pools and restaurant, but there are plenty of golf carts and really the walk (I had one of the farthest rooms) isn't bad at all. There was an onsite store and you could buy drinks for quite a reasonable price if you didn't want to sit in the bar. The resort itself was very family friendly.

Very few people used the beach or swam in the ocean, but I am not sure why not. I found the water quite comfortable and the sand on the beach was nice.

My only complaint was the speed and accuracy of some of the service. Granted it is an island and things are a bit more relaxed, but multiple room services orders had something wrong with them including one in which over half the order did not make it the first time. Also often at breakfast I would ask for a high chair and the hostess would ask someone to get it, but then no would take responsibility for making sure it was done. By day 3 I found it just easier to pick up the high chairs myself rather then waiting 5 minutes for a staff member to do it.

That being said, if I found myself back in fiji I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:44 pm

We are planning a trip there in the fall. The property is not listed in the "breakfast" thread. Does the hotel offer free breakfast for Gold?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
We are planning a trip there in the fall. The property is not listed in the "breakfast" thread. Does the hotel offer free breakfast for Gold?
IME, yes (in September):

Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton (Denarau, Viti Levu, Fiji) - Room and Grounds

Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton (Denarau, Viti Levu, Fiji) - Dining
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, it offers breakfast in two different venues. One is for "adults only." The other venue may or may not be crawling with screaming kids.

I have stayed there three times now and here's an observation about the place. They really need to put “Do Not Disturb” signs in the rooms so that guests can hang them on their doors when they do not wish to be disturbed. I did not see any of them in any of the three rooms I stayed in.

During my first one night stay at the hotel, housekeeping staff was knocking on my door trying to clean the room on the morning of my departure, before I had checked out. I thought this was unusual. Most hotels have a system where housekeeping does not come to clean a “check out” room until after the front desk tells housekeeping that the guest has departed.

During my second stay, I arrived in the early afternoon after a long flight, and I just wanted to sleep. The front desk asked me what time I would be checking out the next day, and I said noon.

I went to the room, looked for a Do Not Disturb sign, didn’t see one, and then I fell asleep. While I was sleeping, staff was apparently knocking on the door trying to deliver a fruit bowl. Later that evening, shortly after I woke up, I heard someone trying to enter the room without knocking. I opened the door and encountered a maintenance guy. He was there to “fix the door,” because the fruit delivery person couldn’t open it. I had simply locked it with the deadbolt.

The next morning, staff called my room at about 10 a.m. to ask if I needed transport to the airport. I told them I did, at noon. Then housekeeping knocked softly on the door in an attempt to clean the room, but by the time I got to the door, she was walking away. She returned and knocked again a bit later to clean the room, I told her I would check out at noon. Then staff called again at 11:20 a.m. to ask if I needed to arrange a luggage pickup. I said yes, at around noon. Then someone called at 11:25 a.m. to tell me that my 11:00 a.m.(?) taxi was ready, I told them again I was leaving at noon.

I know that the staff means well. I also know that I probably value my privacy and solitude more than most guests. However, I would suggest that there is a line between actively servicing guests and annoying guests by repeatedly calling them and knocking on their doors and asking when they are leaving and by trying to get into their rooms to clean them before the guests have checked out.

Many of these issues could be addressed simply by giving guests Do not Disturb signs to put on the doors.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:10 pm

Thanks!!!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
Visit January 2015

Booked 7 ngts on pts & 2 ngts standard studio.
Emailed Frederic (GM) in advance to request an upgrade & than dealt with Fenny from reservations who was excellent & on arrival we were given a beachfront room.
Breakfast - main is at Nuku which we tried just once , very crowded
Maravu is just for adults & a hidden gem , not many people , you can order off the menu all different cooked varieties & good selection of fruit , cereals etc.
The service was excellent & my breakfast is yogurt with honey & bananas, after the 1st day asking for bananas , every morning there after on arrival they just brought them to the table !
Note: breakfast was included as DIA
The adult pool is also a good idea , for us it was winter but for NZ & AUS their summer holiday so lots of families but did not brother us at all.
Beach is only ok for walking , as we understood the island is man made so no option for decent sand for beach resort.
Lunch & dinner at the Maravu was Asian cuisine & excellent on the ngt we stayed on the property eat their apart from one ngt when we tried the seafood ngt in Nuku & have to agree with previous posting we made the mistake of booking the late sitting so it was a bit hit & miss with table booked & service but the food was good & turned out well in the end. One other note , wine is very expensive , double what we pay at home for NZ wine , not sure what the government taxes are & the hotel mark up but would be interesting to know what T/O they have , surely a lower margin would increase sales.
The port offers a good selection of restaurants , walkable around 20 mins or taxi in 5 for 8 FUSD.
Also good cruise options , best one being oh la la , stock cruises, if you decide on just one this is the best by far , check it out on trip advisor.
Overall we enjoyed our stay , great service especially at the Maravu restaurant & as a DIA was made to feel welcome by Fenny calling our room on the 2nd day to ask if all is ok & introducing herself at reception.
On a last note , meet a family staying at the Shearton & they were not impressed.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Our recent stay..

Just had a 2 night stay at this property and was very impressed.

Arrived in early morning on the Fiji Airways flight from LAX and after a few mins wait they found a room for us (despite it being before 7am) originally booked a studio beachfront with points and cash rewards (great rate of 20,000 points and around £48 a night.) Was given the option of sticking to the original room with twin beds or having a 1 bedroom apartment with a rollaway bed added (I was travelling with my mother.) chose this and the rollaway wasn't that comfy, but it was a short stay, so stuck with it.

Room was lovely with fantastic views from the 2 balconies. Bathroom was also nice. Great choice of coffees in the room. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and willing to help. The spa was very relaxing and I enjoyed my full body scrub, whilst my mother used the e-standby option of the signature spa treatment, it saved a few pounds on the advertised cost.

Breakfast had a fantastic choice of dishes with the labelling for gluten free travellers being very helpful.

We ate one might in the Asian restaurant and this was amazing, we wish we had eaten their both nights. Generous portions and lovely food! The second night we went to the Fijian restraint at the Marina, what a disappointment, service was good but we got the waitress life story, as she wanted a tip. We also both had very dodgy tummies for the next 24 hours from our food here, so we wish we had stayed in the hotel!

We used Fijian Tourist Transfers for around £24 each way for the airport ride, easily booked online, air conditioned cars, cold water and friendly drivers. Saved the hassle of taxis after long journeys.

A great resort, would love to return for a longer stay in the future.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Brown, Hilton Gold
Looking to book this for a week in August with points, however when I search for the HHonors rates (60k per night) after logging in, the search results page shows:

"The requested rate is not available. View other available rooms and rates below." and the points booking option is not shown.

I thought there was no blackout dates for HHonors?

Regards

Neil
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I see Diamond awards for 51K a night August 20-27 when looking just now. Standard awards are treble that.

However, I'd rather pay cash for a base room and see where I end up being placed.

Best rate I can see is $F637 a night for base room which seems pretty high to me. Anyone know any handy codes that work for this period?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:43 am
Community Director Emerita

Any recent reports?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Brown, Hilton Gold
This was my Trip Report from our stay in August 2016. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. Hope it's useful.

Our eight day stay was a catalogue of housekeeping and maintenance issues. We were moved three times as each time we reported a string of issues that should just not occur in a high priced resort hotel such as this.

First room

Housekeeping issues

Cobwebs on the lamps
Smears on the mirrors
Dirty corners on the bathroom floor
Thick dust under the bed
Stains on even fresh bed linen

General maintenance issues (not resolvable by housekeeping)

Broken and missing deadlocks on the patio doors (replaced after reporting)
Broken shaver socket (workaround provided by maintenance by using an adaptor)
Stains on the net curtains in the living room
Stains on the sofa cover
General tatty and worn look on furniture
Rotten wood on the legs of furniture (presumably from mopping over a period of years)
Burnt paint and rust on the tumble drier
Rust on the barbecue
Broken handle on the curtain (Fixed by maintenance after reporting)
Urine stained toilet seat cover
Bed moves around with the slightest of movement on it
Noisy air conditioning
Ripped chair cover
Rusty shower fixtures
The room was generally dirty, tatty and run-down and clearly in need of refurbishment.

Responsiveness and ownership of issues

We reported the above issues to numerous staff on various occasions over the first three days of our stay. Initially housekeeping just asked if we wanted the room cleaned, but we pointed out many of the issues couldn't be resolved by a quick sweep round and dust. Maintenance came and took some photos of the issues. On the third day of making little progress, by this point my wife was very upset and spent half the day in tears, not wanting to spend any time in the room. We asked for a housekeeping manager who came with a supervisor and again we pointed out the list of issues to her. She finally arranged for a room swap, which we were told would happen at 3pm.
After hearing nothing by 4pm we called reception and asked for someone to collect our luggage-we were not staying in that room any longer and were ready to check out and find alternative accommodation. After my wife was in tears in reception, surrounded by our luggage and contents of our room, explaining yet again the list of issues this time to an assistant manager, who wrote everything down, the duty manager eventually came and took some ownership of the problem. She arrange for a complimentary spa visit and finalised the room swap.

Room #2
The replacement room was a massive improvement of the original room, with none of the maintenance issues, and but still many housekeeping issues:

- dust in the kitchen drawers
- finger print marks on many surfaces (doors, mirrors etc)
- Black stain on the upholstery on the sofa
- Stains on the towels used for the animals
- Thick dust on the bed frame
We stayed in this rrom for one night and reported the housekeeping issues the next morning. As we'd heard nothing from management since the move, we asked to see the duty manager and housekeeping manager again to discuss next steps.
Ana agreed that the room still fell short of acceptable standards and agreed to another move.

Room #3

The housekeeping staff spent several hours cleaning the third room and changing the seat covers in this room whilst we awaiting our third room swap. The resulting standard of cleanliness was much better, however we still discovered numerous maintenance issues during the remaining three days of our stay there:

- Deadbolt loose on the entrance door
- Sink in the main bedroom didn't empty
- Hanging wooden panel on the balcony
- Missing security latch on the patio door
- Holes in one of the pillows

The room was one of the largest on the resort, so we were rattling around in it , but we could finally relax a little more for the remaining three days of our holiday, minor maintenance issues aside.

What the hotel got right
I always like to offer praise to balance criticism when due, and once the manager realised there were serious problems, she was good at taking ownership and following up. Housekeeping also then made a special effort to ensure that housekeeping standards were to our satisfaction (Sadly they kept falling short as we discovered more issues every day)

The hotel offered a free spa massage for us both, provided some Fijian gifts from the store, a bottle of wine, and a birthday cake on the day of my birthday, as way of apology. Hilton Diamond status was recognised in the restaurant with free daily breakfasts.

When maintenance problems were reported, the hotel were responsive and got the simple ones fixed quickly. Unfortunately there were too many to put right on our original room.

The staff were all courteous, friendly and apologetic. I think some of them were as embarrassed as we were about the number of issues with the first two rooms.

The larger apartment we were moved to was lovely, however I'd of settled for a clean, smaller room with no maintenance issues any day.

Given the large number of issues with our room, this totally distracted from what should of been a relaxing week in paradise. I would not stay here again unless it has been extensively refurbished.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.