Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 7, 12, 3:23 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 293
Hilton Diamond Challenge

I am gold with Hilton and am looking to do a challenge. I have searched for this but can't fine a definite answer.

1. How many nights to you have to stay and in what time period
2. if I earn it this year, will I be diamond through 2013?
3. sorry if this has been discussed. i tried looking through old posts but i think that's just what there were--is old. (of course my skills may not be up to par)

Thanks for any help.
ljknecht570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 12, 3:43 pm   #2
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Easton, CT, USA
Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Posts: 31,819
I think the only diamond challenges are offered to diamonds who did not achieve their status and they are giving them an easy way to get back. As a gold, unless your diamond status just expired, I don't think they will offer one.

The last time I remember seeing one it was seven stays or fifteen nights in 90 days from the date you registered.

Status earned through a challenge is usually only good through that calendar year, not the following year like status earned the regular way.

Of course, if you call and ask for a challenge you may get somebody who offers you something totally different, or they may say sorry.
__________________
Mike Cordelli mike@cordelli.com
cordelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 12, 4:26 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Posts: 7,632
Review this thread (start at the back and work your way forward):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...=diamond+short

Some have called and been issued a challenge - a set number of stays in a set number of days.
jerry a. laska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 12, 5:15 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm (but not acknowledged), SPG PLT, Marriott Elite PLT
Posts: 1,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljknecht570 View Post
I am gold with Hilton and am looking to do a challenge. I have searched for this but can't fine a definite answer.

1. How many nights to you have to stay and in what time period
2. if I earn it this year, will I be diamond through 2013?
3. sorry if this has been discussed. i tried looking through old posts but i think that's just what there were--is old. (of course my skills may not be up to par)

Thanks for any help.
I called HiltonHonors desk on Friday for a Diamond challenge. In ninety days, 19 nights in a hotel.
george 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 12, 7:06 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Halfway between DEN and COS
Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite, Global Entry/Nexus
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordelli View Post
I think the only diamond challenges are offered to diamonds who did not achieve their status and they are giving them an easy way to get back. As a gold, unless your diamond status just expired, I don't think they will offer one.

The last time I remember seeing one it was seven stays or fifteen nights in 90 days from the date you registered.

Status earned through a challenge is usually only good through that calendar year, not the following year like status earned the regular way.

Of course, if you call and ask for a challenge you may get somebody who offers you something totally different, or they may say sorry.
I received a Diamond challenge (not requested) last May and the T&C's were exactly as described above. I was a Gold at the time and it was my third year at that level with HH so I did not have any real reason to be targeted as I am not a big spender either (maybe it was their way to pry more out of me). It did encourage me to do the 28 stays to keep it thru 2013.
BBFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 12, 7:10 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: PDX/AUS
Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-HH-Carlson
Posts: 4,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by george 3 View Post
I called HiltonHonors desk on Friday for a Diamond challenge. In ninety days, 19 nights in a hotel.
Almost the same here.
Bumped from Silver to Gold,
including Diamond Challenge for 21 nights in 90 days.
MrHalliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 12, 2:36 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Programs: UA 1K no more (Gold) / HHonors Diamond
Posts: 390
Assuming award nights are counted too correct?
buaya00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 12, 2:27 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SFO
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat
Posts: 229
Just called the HHonors desk and they said my account was not showing any Diamond fast-track promotions. Has anyone else gotten that? Should I call back and try again? I have a few hotel stays coming up, so would be nice to know if I should go with Hilton or other brands..
andreiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 12, 11:14 am   #9
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: sf bay area
Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Posts: 243
I got the same answer. No Diamond challenge offer, but she said she would put in a request. That was over a week ago, and I haven't heard anything.

cat22
cat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 12, 2:07 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 209
I called and asked for a diamond challenge...currently gold. They gave me 16 nights or 8 stays between April 1 and June 30. Reward stays didn' t count she said, then I emailed diamond desk to ask if reward stays counted and they emailed me back that they DID count, so I have it in writing now
lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 12, 2:13 pm   #11
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreiz View Post
Just called the HHonors desk and they said my account was not showing any Diamond fast-track promotions. Has anyone else gotten that? Should I call back and try again? I have a few hotel stays coming up, so would be nice to know if I should go with Hilton or other brands..
If you were gold and barely missed diamond they may give you the diamond challenge offer (and they may not).

However, if you barely made Gold status or recieved your gold status through some special offer or FT then it's unlikely they will offer you a diamond challenge.

I think they try to offer the diamond challenge to those who look like (from their travel history) they actually travel enough to earn the status again, or,
to members who have had Diamond status for several years and maybe just didn't make it this past year. This may include those who are top tier status at some other chains.

Good Luck! But, I would not look for a 'handout' that your travel pattern can't support sustaining. (everyone's travel pattern is different, but will likely be the determining factor).
shoreline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 12, 9:48 am   #12
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: sf bay area
Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Posts: 243
Smile

Since my phone call to the diamond desk did not work, I sent an email to
diamond@hiltonres.com.

I received an immediate response, saying that if I felt I could complete 8 stays or 16 nights by June 30th, I could regain my Diamond status.

Thank you, Hilton!

cat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 12, 10:29 am   #13
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Programs: DL DM; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Posts: 36
I sent an e-mail asking for a Diamond challenge. This is the response that I got:

Dear Mr. HSVGuy,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your recent status change with Hilton HHonors. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

First, let me apologize for any inconvenience the downgrade of your Hilton HHonors membership tier has caused you. We are very sensitive to your concerns and appreciate you sharing your feedback. In reviewing you account, it appears you have been a dedicated Diamond member since 19xx. Thank you!

As an appreciation of your loyalty, I have placed you back to Diamond VIP status. Please understand in order for us to maintain the integrity of our program and our loyal Diamond members this is a one time exception to retain tier status. Please allow 4 weeks for your new membership card to arrive.


Way to go HILTON!!! Thank you!!
HSVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 12, 4:51 pm   #14
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SJC, SEA, PDX, SAN, SNA
Programs: Hilton Gold, AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, National Executive
Posts: 316
Back in Jan I emailed HHonor and asked them for a fast track program to from Gold to Diamond. They look at my account and said I was only missing 4 nights from Diamond the year before and bumped me to diamond anyways. It all depends on your stay history I guess. But I think HH program is much easier to work with than Marriott and the customer service seems nicer at most of the places that I've been to so far.
dannieboiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 12, 3:41 am   #15
hch
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: INN
Posts: 2,531
I just got my Gold renewal mail for 2012, and it mentions:

Quote:
You've also earned a shortcut to earning Diamon status - simply complete seven stays or 15 nights instead of 28 stays or 60 nights by 30 June 2012
The funny thing is that I'm already way beyond both thresholds this year.
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:11 pm.