Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:08 pm

I thought the IC Rome was inconvenient, but convenient. The Spagna train station was a 10 minute walk away down the Spanish Steps. The new Hotel Indigo by IHG has the better location, but further away from the metro.

I am not sure if the Park Hyatt is worth it, or even in the most desirable location, I could easily go SPG with the amount of points I have. But the 2 free nights do lend themselves well at this hotel. And using confirmed suite upgrades will be quite nice.

W Barcelona isn't very appealing in its location, but its sure does have some great looking rooms. I won't be disappointed in the Le Meridien.

I have been to Rome and seen the villa Borghese area. I know Westin has their hotel up there, and Marriott has their hotels up there as well. Do you consider this area to be a better location than the IC Rome? I ask this because I would say that the Westin/Boscolo/Marriott Grand Hotel all just as inconvenient - and even more inconvenient than the IC Rome.

Looking at the W Barcelona more, the hotel has so much appeal, yet the location of that Le Meridien is so much more appealing. The W Barcelona is sooo iconic though. You can't go wrong with either. And at this point, I have more points than I can get vacation to spend them - so I don't feel bad spending extra SPG points per night.

Originally Posted by Happy
Club Carlson's former life is SAS Radisson which as you can guess, mostly have hotels in the Northern Europe while your travel plan is in Western Europe. While Europe is much smaller than US, it is still a continent with distinct regions.

Your Marriott pts can be used for the very nice Boscolos in a prime location (Piazza Repubblica - dont forget to visit the amazing church across the piazza). IC Rome is in a very inconvenient location. Very far from the heart of Rome.
It would be better to stay at Boscolos or if you are willing to splurge, SPG has high end properties there that could really cost you.
Since you claim to want to stay at the best locations and top hotels, the Boscolos and the Westin Excelsior / St. Regis fit the bill.

Park Hyatt Paris is a very over-rated property and it is not in a best location but since you have free night certs, definitely burn them there, at least satisfy one's psychology tremendously thinking about the retail price (but certainly not the price you would pay). Personally I would rather be in SPG's properties.

W in Barcelona is on the beach. It depends on what you are interested in doing in Barcelona, the Hilton properties might be more convenient location-wise.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by factory81
I thought the IC Rome was inconvenient, but convenient. The Spagna train station was a 10 minute walk away down the Spanish Steps. The new Hotel Indigo by IHG has the better location, but further away from the metro.

I am not sure if the Park Hyatt is worth it, or even in the most desirable location, I could easily go SPG with the amount of points I have. But the 2 free nights do lend themselves well at this hotel. And using confirmed suite upgrades will be quite nice.

W Barcelona isn't very appealing in its location, but its sure does have some great looking rooms. I won't be disappointed in the Le Meridien.

I have been to Rome and seen the villa Borghese area. I know Westin has their hotel up there, and Marriott has their hotels up there as well. Do you consider this area to be a better location than the IC Rome? I ask this because I would say that the Westin/Boscolo/Marriott Grand Hotel all just as inconvenient - and even more inconvenient than the IC Rome.

Looking at the W Barcelona more, the hotel has so much appeal, yet the location of that Le Meridien is so much more appealing. The W Barcelona is sooo iconic though. You can't go wrong with either. And at this point, I have more points than I can get vacation to spend them - so I don't feel bad spending extra SPG points per night.
What are you talking about regarding Boscolos and Westin in Rome?

I am talking about Boscolos, not Marriott. Boscolos is at Piazza Republica which to me is convenient. Kind of in the middle and you can reach various major Rome attractions on different directions by WALKING. We tend to walk more when enjoying an European city than taking the subways. YMMV.

Westin Excelsior has a nice view out from the terrace of the suite at the roof top. via veneto is one of the most exclusive high end shopping streets in Rome since WWII.
http://www.luxehighlife.com/travel-t...ions-in-europe

What Iconic about W? The golden fish shape? Can't see how iconic that is. We witnessed its construction when we did our cruise and had Barcelona as port of call 2 TATL in same year a few years back (I think it was 2008). Never feel it has any appeal but again YMMV. W brand is never our preferred brand anyway. Too quirky in many aspects including the most hyped W in Hong Kong, and the crazy decor in St. Petersburg Russia. A couple years ago we had some service issues at W Hong Kong, the guest relationship manager offered me a suite upgrade on our next stay. I politely declined and asked if I could get equivalent courtesy points instead as I knew full well we would never stay there again because we absolutely did not like the decor of the hotel, not to mention the location was very poor (only good for those who vouch for the airport express train).
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:42 pm

I am using awardmapper.com, and I found these 2 hotels, with the second one having a better location.

Boscolo Palace Roma, Autograph Collection
Category: 9
Cost: 40000 - 45000

But I see this is the hotel you were talking about, which is in a better location;
Boscolo Exedra Rome, Autograph Collection
Category: 8
Cost: 35000 - 40000

I still like the Hotel Indigo's location a little more.
Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George
Via Giulia, 62 - 00186 Rome

I tried to find the first hotel, and I can only find the Boscolo Exedra Rome on Marriott.com. Does that first hotel even exist under Marriott? I can see what you are saying about the W. You probably have swayed me to the Le Meridian. Burn up those free Hyatt nights as well in Paris I suppose.

Originally Posted by Happy
What are you talking about regarding Boscolos and Westin in Rome?

I am talking about Boscolos, not Marriott. Boscolos is at Piazza Republica which to me is convenient. Kind of in the middle and you can reach various major Rome attractions on different directions by WALKING. We tend to walk more when enjoying an European city than taking the subways. YMMV.

Westin Excelsior has a nice view out from the terrace of the suite at the roof top. via veneto is one of the most exclusive high end shopping streets in Rome since WWII.
http://www.luxehighlife.com/travel-t...ions-in-europe

What Iconic about W? The golden fish shape? Can't see how iconic that is. We witnessed its construction when we did our cruise and had Barcelona as port of call 2 TATL in same year a few years back (I think it was 2008). Never feel it has any appeal but again YMMV. W brand is never our preferred brand anyway. Too quirky in many aspects including the most hyped W in Hong Kong, and the crazy decor in St. Petersburg Russia. A couple years ago we had some service issues at W Hong Kong, the guest relationship manager offered me a suite upgrade on our next stay. I politely declined and asked if I could get equivalent courtesy points instead as I knew full well we would never stay there again because we absolutely did not like the decor of the hotel, not to mention the location was very poor (only good for those who vouch for the airport express train).
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:47 pm

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ph-collection/
I do like the style of this hotel for the most part.

A little baroque, but I could definitely appreciate it, and its grand entrance. Very appealing. The Hotel Indigo looks like you could walk right past its entrance if you weren't careful.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You may want to read this before setting you heart on W Barcelona.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-wont-believe/

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ph-collection/
I do like the style of this hotel for the most part.

A little baroque, but I could definitely appreciate it, and its grand entrance. Very appealing. The Hotel Indigo looks like you could walk right past its entrance if you weren't careful.
This is the Boscolos I talked about.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: HH D
Hilton Grand Place Brussels. Windows have locked handles, so they don't open. Maybe they'll unlock them if you ask for it, I didn't try.

Brussels will be going to toll delivery trucks by 2016, in a very smart move to keep unnessesary traffic from city roads (not!). So if you will be arriving by private transport, make sure it will not be by camion.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Afternoon !

For the UK listings, the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor and the Doubletree By Hilton Dundee both have opening windows.

Happy breathing !!!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
The room I had at Hilton Concorde Opera in Paris had windows that opened. They were renovating it and my room was not done yet so not sure if they were going to change that. My stay was last Aug 2014
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Is there a list with ExecutiveLounges, still serving Alcoholic Spirits in Europe?

Is there a list with ExecutiveLounges are still serving Alcoholic Spirits in Europe?
I am now at Hilton Antwerpen and same story here: Only Wines and the end of Alcohol spirits.

Shout out to Hilton Canary Wharf and more Hilton's in the UK who still serving Alcoholic Spirits
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
No, but there is a thread about good European lounges and some information might be found there:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...es-europe.html
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Has somebody got some nice tips for Hilton Hotels in Europe with a complete ExecutiveLounge? With this I mean: including alcoholic spirits and not only wines & beer with chips.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Hilton Prague was still serving spirits last time I was there!
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Hilton Warsaw and DoubleTrees in Warsaw and Lodz still serve spirits in lounges.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:04 am

Budapest Westend and Budapest Castle has of last night and Today

Bassett
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:29 pm
cjd

Hilton Manchester Deansgate were serving spirits in the Executive Lounge last week. Self service for all alcoholic drinks between 6 and 8pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.