Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Best Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Best Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2004, 9:52 am

Best Hilton Property in the World?
Don't know, if the best .. I like Hilton Morumbi in Sao Paulo. Executive reception and floors are at 22th floor (or so) Very nice and helpful agents... and good weather for a trip at this time!
Old Nov 19, 2004, 10:00 am

Hilton Resort in Sorrento, Italy. Beautiful hotel mid-way up a hill...overlooking the town of Sorrento, Bay of Naples and Mt. Vesuveus. Rooms are nice and large, very friendly staff and a great town!!!!
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold,
I think a lot of it depends on what you like...

I think the Conrads in Bangkok, Bali and Hong Kong are all spectacular hotels. Excellent service, beautiful views and a more modern feel = my kind of place.

<G>
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:55 pm

I enjoy the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago - always get upgraded there.

That, and the Barcelona Hilton are pretty nice with good service, too.

PEACE!
Old Nov 20, 2004, 3:04 pm

I think the Cavalieri Rome for view and exec club-and wonderful beds
The Sorrento for exec club and peace

The Hong Kong Conrad for views and exec club

The Waikialoa for views and relaxation-and vastness of the property and the fact that unless you need to you could spend a week without leaving the hotel(except for the price of the food)

I am glad to have been able to experience all those hotels on awards.

as Diamond ^
Old Nov 20, 2004, 5:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
my faves

Conrad Singapore
Hilton at Englisher Gardens Munich
Hilton Dusseldorf

I had two absolutely top-notch award stays at the Conrad Singapore in 2001 (post 9/11) and 2002. Both times as a Gold I was upgraded to the Executive Floor, had full run of the lounge for breakfast (w/extensive Asian and western offerings -- hello, sushi for breakfast!), afternoon tea and made-to-order scones, and evening cocktails. Room amenities included up to five pieces of clothing pressed for free per day, shoe shining, personalized stationary, in-room fax, fresh fruit and nice chocolates replenished daily, bottles of water on the nightstand, a rubber duckie and mini Conrad teddy bear.

I'm not a shopaholic, so the location, in Suntec City, was perfect for me. It was a 10 minute walk to Rafffles were my compaion and I would while away the afternoon having lunch at the Longbar Steakhouse before unwinding with a fine Habano outside the famed Long Bar. (Still haven't tried a Singapore Sling.) Cabs are a cinch to catch and I don't think we ever spent more than $5 SD to get anywhere we wanted to go (except for Changi).

Apparently there's been some erosion of amenities after my stay two years ago. But I would still stay there in a heartbeat, as well at the Munich and Dusseldorf properties. Again, since I have no obsession with being in the middle of things, I perfer the Englisher Garden property to the one in central Munich that's right on the S-bahn. I actually prefer the 10 minute tram ride to the other property, which has very spacious rooms, lovely lobby lounge, and excellent HHonors lounge. The service was A1 all the way.

Last edited by essxjay; Nov 20, 2004 at 5:21 pm
Old Nov 20, 2004, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by dbmaury
The Hampton Inn in Pearl, MS.
Obviously, you have never tried the Hampton Inn Tupelo, MS. Beats the heck out of Pearl, though I may have been blinded by the bright light of Tupelo.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 7:02 pm

The Conrads in Singapore, Bangkok and Hong Kong. Hilton Barcelona is nice but its not in the same luxury level as the Conrads.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 2:12 pm

Programs: 1K,HH Diam,AAGold,Hyatt Plat
We stayed at the Rome Cavalieri last June and I'd have to say it was by far the nicest hotel I've stayed at. The free shuttle service to Bernini Plaza is great, too. And I almost failed to mention the hotty totty breakfast we had every morning on the top floor/patio overlooking downtown Rome and Vatican City.

Hilton Waikoloa Village is #2 in my book for a beach vacation.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KL and Bali are now on this list.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP,HHonors,Priority Club,NW Worldperks,SQ,CX
Originally Posted by hfly
KL and Bali are now on this list.
Yes I agree with the new KL Hilton, I'm going back again on their latest AMEX promo
Old Dec 10, 2004, 6:14 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Spent a week at Rome Cavalieri in November. Fabulous hotel.

Also love the Conrads in HGK and SIN.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:52 am

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold Executive, United 1K, HHonors VIP Gold, Hyatt Diamond Passport
Favourite Asia-Pacific Hilton properties

(1) Conrad Bangkok - city hotel
(2) Conrad Bali - beach resort
(3) Conrad Hong Kong
(4) Conrad Singapore

** will be at Hilton KL for four nites this month. From all accounts, it looks like this one is a winner too.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:19 am

5 continents this year, many Hiltons

In no particular order, and I'd have to really think to pick THE one, but here are some favourites.

Hilton Auckland - classy, great food, friendly down-to-earth staff, and room with the largest balcony helped, but it rained while there

Hilton Buenos Aires - very bright, modern, good sized rooms, close to waterfront and town, friendly staff

Hilton Tokyo (Shinjuku) -- this beats the Palace hotel which is like a Holiday Inn. But, Hilton, please buy a property closer to Roppongi. Staff in Exec lounge very helpful, rooms spacious and those chocolates, well, hard to choose just one.

Caledonian Hilton (Edinburgh) -- great location.

Conrad Hong Kong -- water view or mountain view, both are great; staff very helpful; daily fruit and truffles; complimentary 4-garment pressings upon arrival, bathroom amenities somewhat unique, and little teddy bear.

Hilton Seoul -- very chic room, with wood/glass doors separating bedroom from living room area,

Hilton Shanghai -- good location near neighborhoods to walk around, Exec lounge has foods from a few of its in-hotel restaurants, in-house gourmet food shop, moon cakes. Room layout a bit stange. Complimentary bottle of local wine (750ml, but ended up leaving it - too much to carry - tried some in Exec lounge - a half-bottle would be better)

Hilton Green Park London -- location, boutique style, uncrowded, top floor room with walk out balcony (but view nothing to speak of), nice neighbourhood.

Depending on the room:

Waldorf NYC -- been fortunate enough to have suites on a few recent occassions, some rooms just like a home away from home.

Palmer House Chicago -- stayed twice - once had suite with dining room table

Hilton Ave of Americas NY -- once had the State room - huge suite, Italian sculpture replicas

Recent trips to continental Europe have been in areas where no Hilton properties.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Plat.
Many good Hiltons but an occasional bad egg..

[While making this list, I realize that I am very happy with the Hilton properties - haven't had a really bad experience yet .[/QUOTE]

You obviously have not stayed in the Hilton at Valley Forge. Nightmare! Run away, run away! Should have checked trip advisor....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.