Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Best Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Best Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of my best Hilton experiences was the Hilton in Athens Greece. They bent over backwards for me and my sister. Helped us with car rentals and tours. lounge was great. They even kept the food out at the lounge a little longer knowing we were coming back from an all day boat cruise to some islands and would probably be hungry. Said as much when we went into the lounge. Asked us how the cruise was. And this was beack when they only had 5 floors open during the end of the remodel.

Edited to add: Get a room facing the Acropolis as the views are fantastic. They fully recognized Diamond status as well. Breakfast in the lounge was good with hot choices. And on nights we did not want to go out to eat the selections in the lounge were more than enough to fill us up.

Last edited by Baze; Jul 7, 2004 at 2:50 pm
Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Thanks for the advice....I had no idea it was so difficult to get these awards and that your status plays such a big part in your expereince....another reason I probably left Hilton Honors a few years back. I may start searching now for our anniversary in October or for Mothers day!
I got my award for Rome via the website. If I couldn't get it there, I'd be out of luck. As a Diamond (last year), I worked directly with the Hilton Diamond desk --- they have the power to "make things happen" --- rumor has it that, if they can't find award availability to suit you, they will actually buy the rooms for you!

It's worth it to be a Hilton Diamond!

Also, as a Diamond, you are automatically eligible for the best upgrade available and, you automatically get access to the lounges. In Paris (and, I believe even more so, in Rome), the lounges are fantastic and a very real part of your total experience. As a Gold, it's hit or miss.

Good luck.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Thanks for all the great advice....more comments are welcome, this is great feedback!
Old Jul 7, 2004, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsdstone
...this is great feedback!
You've come to the right place, my friend.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 3:25 pm
Suspended

I will give 6 in order of preference

Conrad Mount Juliet, Ireland (best)
Conrad Brussels
Hilton Cavalierii Rome
Hilton Sorrento
Conrad Chelsea Harbour, London.
Hilton Buenos Aires

mike
Old Jul 7, 2004, 3:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

My favorites:

Conrad Singapore
Conrad Bangkok
Conrad Hong Kong
Hanoi Hilton
Mauritius Hilton
Sorrento Hilton
Berlin Hilton
Waldorf London

I'm a contrarian on
Rome Cavalieri - I hold a minority view that it is too far from the city center, thus significantly diminishes my enjoyment in this amazing city
Paris Hilton - neither the location nor the property do anything for me.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 5:02 pm

It seems to me the best Hilton hotels all seem to be overseas (other than Hawaii). Wouldn't it be nice if they would send those people over here and train the staff in the domestic hotels? Maybe then we would get the service that is given at these international properties.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Silver, *Wood Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BigLar
As a Diamond (last year), I worked directly with the Hilton Diamond desk --- they have the power to "make things happen" --- rumor has it that, if they can't find award availability to suit you, they will actually buy the rooms for you!
The rumor is true. When I stayed at the Caribe Hilton they only had award stay availability for 3 of the 4 nights I wanted to stay, so they bought me the extra night and charged me some nominal amount of points to cover it. This was arranged through the Diamond desk.

- Truly, ex-Diamond and hating it!
Old Jul 7, 2004, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Truly
The rumor is true. When I stayed at the Caribe Hilton they only had award stay availability for 3 of the 4 nights I wanted to stay, so they bought me the extra night and charged me some nominal amount of points to cover it. This was arranged through the Diamond desk.

- Truly, ex-Diamond and hating it!
How was the Hilton Caribe? I have looked at going there...is it worth spending the points on? Are the rooms clean?
Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Waikoloa Hilton
Old Jul 7, 2004, 10:03 pm

I absolutely loved the Conrad Hong Kong, so that gets my vote. I haven't stayed there, but what about the Hilton Auckland? The location is perfect and the food & service I got in their restaurant (White) was superb; does anyone who's actually stayed here have an opinion?
Old Jul 7, 2004, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have stayed at many of the top Hiltons and Conrad hotels (Rome, London, Athens, Rhodes,Sorrento, Hong Kong,etc). My husband and I just came back from the Hilton Malta and had a great time. You need only a Glon2 or category 3 reward.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 11:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Hiltons I would recommend with confidence are the Hilton Buenos Aires, the Hilton Malta, and the Conrad Singapore. I like the Conrad Brussels but for different reasons.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mzredhead
I have stayed at many of the top Hiltons and Conrad hotels (Rome, London, Athens, Rhodes,Sorrento, Hong Kong,etc). My husband and I just came back from the Hilton Malta and had a great time. You need only a Glon2 or category 3 reward.
In the far pool at the Hilton Malta, (the one closer to the sea) were there some E. European girls (presumably Russian) tanning topless still (at the end of the day) at that pool? They seemed to be a fixture there.

If your husband had a preference to go down that way and walk along the rocks, I cannot say I blame him.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 12:41 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by warmsnickers
what about the Hilton Auckland? The location is perfect and the food & service I got in their restaurant (White) was superb; does anyone who's actually stayed here have an opinion?
I am ambivalent about this property. The rooms vary dramatically in quality. If you get a water view room near the end of the wharf, it is awesome. If you get a tiny box overlooking the parking lot, it is bad. And you can have a lovely room overlooking the adjacent pier, and discover a cruise ship parked just feet from your window - literally - when you get up in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.