Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Bay {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2013, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Yes, you get free breakfast in Hiltons when you are Gold.
Old May 11, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I'm heading here in a few weeks, does anybody know how well they treat diamonds?
Old May 11, 2013, 7:48 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by StevenH123
I'm heading here in a few weeks, does anybody know how well they treat diamonds?
I didn't experience anything extra that I could tell--but that was with the excellent treatment overall they seem to have for guests. I didn't get a room upgrade, anyway, but they were jammed that weekend, and I'd already booked a nice room.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:38 pm

Does anyone have other Hilton Tokyo Bay's email address? i couldn't contact to [email protected]. I try to get the connecting room confirmation for my booking.

Thanks
Warinda
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
have you tried [email protected]?

Originally Posted by warinda
Does anyone have other Hilton Tokyo Bay's email address? i couldn't contact to [email protected]. I try to get the connecting room confirmation for my booking.

Thanks
Warinda
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:21 am

Thanks squeakr. I'll try contact this email.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
FYI - The Disney ticket booth at the hotel takes cash only. I didn't have the cash on me but they kindly made an exception and let me charge it to my room. Not sure if it was because I'm diamond. FD staff greeted me by name when I walked over to inquire. That always impresses me at a large property with a high customer turnover.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Anyone have experience with getting spouse free/child free benefit at this hotel using a third party booking?

How about free breakfast for Gold?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finally got to stay at this hotel last night.

I booked a twin room for my family on Points and Money rate. I received mail soon after telling me that they would charge an additional 4752 yen for the extra bed fee, because children over 6 were considered adults, and spouses did not stay free on an award stay. I pushed back on this by saying that there was no difference in the paid rate for two and three adults for this room, and the response was basically quoting Reward Redemption Rule #20, but then saying that, as a one time courtesy, they would give us the extra bed for free. They also limited the Gold benefit of free breakfast to two people, but as my wife had just started a diet and didn't want the buffet anyway, this worked out for the best.

I asked for, and received, an upgrade to the Happy Magic Room. This was a fun room of adequate size, and even our older kid found the design charming. There are three beds all pressed together, as well as an additional trundle bed underneath the one closest to the window to comfortably sleep 4. The beds were a bit softer than the normal Japan fair, but still pretty hard by Western standards. It was really far away from the nearest elevator, which made for a nice, quiet sleep after a long day at the park.

The breakfast (a full buffet with plenty of hot items) was adequate...certainly not worth paying over 3500 yen for, but something that I'm quite happy to receive for free. It's heavy on Japanese items, but still enough for Westererns to eat. There were boiled, scrambled, and fried eggs available. Although there were no made-to-order eggs available, the fried eggs went so fast that you always got them quite soon after being cooked. There's a section of children's food items that included bread pudding, french fries, and deep fried fish, complete with tartar sauce!

For those that don't want or need hotel breakfast, there is a good selection of items available at either the coffee shop, pastry shop, or the well-stocked 24-hour convenience store.

In addition to a partial comp of breakfast, as Gold members we received free access to the bath/sauna area, and late check-out to 3pm. As there is no executive lounge in this hotel, I can't think of a single benefit to being a Diamond member over Gold.

The Hilton American Express Gift Card completely confused the staff at checkout. Nobody had any idea what to do with it. I gave them five minutes of puzzling about before I finally gave up and paid with a credit card.

Slight hiccups aside, we had a great stay that really enhanced our night at Disneyland (especially with getting us in at all, as it was filled to capacity and same-day tickets weren't being sold until after 6pm), and I thought that we got some pretty good value for the 28000 points used.

As a bonus, here are my current top ten hotels within walking distance of Tokyo Disney Resort theme parks:

10. Dream Gate Maihama Hotel
9. Sunroute Plaza Tokyo
8. Tokyo Bay Maihama Hotel
7. Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay
6. Disney Ambassador Hotel
5. Hilton Tokyo Bay
4. Sheraton Tokyo Bay
3. Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
2. Tokyo Bay Maihama Hotel Club Resort
1. Disney Mira Costa Hotel
Old Sep 24, 2015, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're booking a stay here on points, don't just blindly book the standard room for 70000 points; I have seen some "Premium Rewards" here going for under 40000 points!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you're booking a stay here on points, don't just blindly book the standard room for 70000 points; I have seen some "Premium Rewards" here going for under 40000 points!
Interesting. I'll keep checking back. When I looked up the days I'm interested in, premium rewards were something like 69,763 so not much of a savings off the 70K!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manderwa
Interesting. I'll keep checking back. When I looked up the days I'm interested in, premium rewards were something like 69,763 so not much of a savings off the 70K!
Today for example, Celebrio Ocean is going for about 46000 points.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:48 am

My wife and I are planning a stay at the Tokyo Bay Hilton next June. Can someone tell me, does the hotel honor Hilton Diamond status for rooms booked with HHonors points, or only on pay rates? In all my research of Japan hotels, it seems like several places in Japan only recognize status levels if you are paying. Any insight?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:05 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by AstateEditor
My wife and I are planning a stay at the Tokyo Bay Hilton next June. Can someone tell me, does the hotel honor Hilton Diamond status for rooms booked with HHonors points, or only on pay rates? In all my research of Japan hotels, it seems like several places in Japan only recognize status levels if you are paying. Any insight?
My Hilton status has always been recognized in Japanese Hilton properties, also on award stays.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Just spent 5 nights here. Had booked a Celebrio Ocean room and was put in room 1006 overlooking the ocean.

I arrived at about noon but the room was not ready but checked in and given my room key (I was also offered the opportunity to wait to see if a room was available)

You can walk to Disneyland ( about 10 mins by walking to the Bayside Station and then using the path) or take the resort line from Bayside station.

When I arrived back about 4pm my suitcases were already in the room.

Two smallish soft cakes were placed in the room as a welcome gift

The hotel was very busy so they opened the O lounge for breakfast also.

Breakfast was very good with the buffet. I also went to the pastry shop to get Ben & Jerry's ice cream at night.

The indoor pool was good and the fitness centre was good.

In the evening the room was made ready for bed with the nightshirt ( new one each day) placed on the bed and slippers on the floor . Toiletries were replenished, new towels provided, coffee refilled and bins emptied.

The fridge had two bottles of water, a can of coke, Aquarius water and orange and grape Fanta. These are free in the celebrio rooms.

I booked the Airport limo bus for my return 4 days in advance (1st departure was 0709). It was a few minutes late but after stopping at a few other hotels we got to NRT about 0830.

Overall an excellent stay

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.