Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Customer Service Terrible!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 1:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K Air Canada Gold Thai Air Gold Delta Platinum Hilton Diamond

I wonder if anyone has ever received a reply from Customer Care email.

I have sent 3 emails and have received automatic responses to all saying they would be in touch soon. Never heard from anyone.

Lost a really good rate when website was down for most of 2 days and even Diamond Desk could not make reservations. Asked for Supervisor at Diamond Desk and they call the Hotel direct asking if they would honor the rate. Hotel was in Bogota and supervisor said he had to call the manager back and he would let me know in an hour or so.

7 hours went by and of course I heard from no one. Called Diamond Desk again and asked for Supervisor and luckily got a competent person who spent over 45 minutes on the phone with me looking for a solution. She managed to get me a deal where I only lost a minimal amount.

I thanked her and told her I would send an email praising her good service except it would be a waste of time because nobody in management cares.

She said I could send it directly to her supervisor which I was happy to do immediately after our conversation.

I composed a very complimentary email and sent it that same day.

Now do you think I ever got a reply? Of course not!!

I would love to know if anyone has an email of an Executive at Hilton where I could tell them just what i think of their management team.

They are by far the worst Hotel management team I have ever run across. Their IT department is a joke and the people they have interacting with their best customers leave a lot to be desired!!!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Perhaps this is semantics but I think your frustrations have been with customer service/reservations and not management. The poor customer service at Hilton was one of the reasons I shifted most of my business to Hyatt.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by firecat69
I wonder if anyone has ever received a reply from Customer Care email.

I have sent 3 emails and have received automatic responses to all saying they would be in touch soon. Never heard from anyone.
I have. Sort of.

I sent a question via email on November 15, and received a reply back the next day. Unfortunately--and it pains me to report this--Hilton had sent only a copy of the Internet page that I had already reviewed.

No reason to criticize, however. Hilton indicated in the email if my question had not been answered, that I could write again.

So I did. Email again. On November 17. I trust that I did not sound too plaintive when I reminded them that the Internet page was already available on their website. What I was asking was a different question entirely.

So far have not heard back, but that was only about two and a half weeks ago. This is December 8, so it is still a mere pittance of an interval in geological time.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by firecat69

I would love to know if anyone has an email of an Executive at Hilton where I could tell them just what i think of their management team.

They are by far the worst Hotel management team I have ever run across. Their IT department is a joke and the people they have interacting with their best customers leave a lot to be desired!!!

The Hilton Worldwide CEO is Christopher Nassetta and his email is [email protected]
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I must have really simple problems. I have emailed DD many times and always gotten quick and appropriate replies.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
I must have really simple problems. I have emailed DD many times and always gotten quick and appropriate replies.
Same for me too.

alextktan
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:54 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
+2 ....
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
I sent a complaint to Robert Webb (the CIO) about the slow internet speeds I consistently experience at Hilton properties. He responded the following morning and put me in contact with one of his direct reports responsible for overseeing that area. I was satisfied with the response I received and the communication.

Diamond Desk has almost always responded to my emails in a fairly timely manner. There was one time I sent a complaint about a stay at a property, and did not receive a timely response. I ended up sending the email 3 times and never received a response (even an automated one). I realized there was a chance the email was caught in a spam filter, possibly because of some of the language I used (I was complaining about the non-functional air conditioner in our room and stated I was 'sweating like a whore in church' - which I was). I ended up faxing the letter over and got an email from the property's GM within 1 hour. Again, that was resolved to my satisfaction.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
For me they've always replied, sometimes it's just taken a few weeks.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: VS AU, AS 75K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
I have recently had some fantastic cs support from Hilton. Most noticeably, after a late evening check-in at London Paddington followed by an immediate evacuation for a fire alarm the Diamond Line checked me out of the Paddington and into the Metropole as I walked down the street (glad I dragged by unpacked bags down to the street). I normally would have just waited it out but I was less than an hour from my Fantasy Football draft- an important deadline not to be missed!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I am a Diamond light through spend because the idea of dealing with the diamond desk on a regular basis sends shivers up and down my spine. From the canceled reservations, to the "lying" about the availability of airport shuttle service, to the belittling agent comments when I asked her to repeat herself b/c I didn't hear what she said [and the failure of anyone at Hilton to follow up on my subsequent complaint]. I still like a number of the hotels and will do business with them, but an attempt to maintain Diamond on stays or nights is just out of the question

Cheers -
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:56 pm

I am waiting for a reply to my problem sent 14 days ago to the flyertalk email for Hilton. Very disappointed in Hilton CS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.