Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2004, 2:52 am

Disneyworld Hilton

Now this is the way Gold members should be treated at a Hilton. In 2 years, over 20 stays at different Hitlon properties all over the USA & none were as efficent as Disneyworld.

I had a 2 night weekend booked paid by Hilton themselves with "Be My Guest" certs received from a complaint of bogus treatment in Waikoloa.

3 weeks before our trip we receive a mailing with a map of the resort & Downtown Disney with Pleasure Island right across the street. A letter from the Marketing Manager Al asking me to phone him to confirm any requests. So I called, got a great lady, Laurie the consierge, who told me we'd have a penthouse suite, complete access to the 9th floor lounge, free bus to our Disney destination and just a great time.

We arrived on Saturday morning, greeted like a family member at the registration. They had the key, the mini bar key, and mini fact sheet all ready before we arrived, so we were handed our key. 1050 (first room by elevator) which was across from ice room (not a 30 door walk like Hawaii).
L-Shaped room with living room in the L, entry was bathroom to the left with closet and 2nd sink outside, King bed with armoir with TV, mini bar, and 6 drawers for clothing. Strange that no 2nd TV with sofa. Large desk with executive chair next to windows that extended the width of the room and half of floor to ceiling.

Went to 9th floor & breakfast was just cleared, but their coffee machine which grinds, brews & serves from regular or decaf coffee to exspresso or capuccino for FREE. Large plasma screen opposite a sofa with tables & chairs (covered in purple sheet material to the floor). Husband had the remote, his espresso, and was quite comfy. Down the hall between the elevators was a large desk with a gal sitting at it on the phone. She walked over to say hi & it was Laurie who I talked with 3 weeks ago.

We told her this setup, treatment, etc is the way ALL Hiltons should be to it good customers. She commented on our mini vacations, since we get 4 weeks a year, 2 in Maui every February & then cruises or whatever for the other 2. We have British Isles/Transatlantic set for Sept, so we have no vacation time to spare.

Then the server, dressed in white tux jacket over black pants brings finger sandwiches, veggie tray with dip, cheese tray with crackers. We learn breakfast (fruit, danish, bagels & croissants, bread with toaster, cereals) is 6AM-11AM, 11AM-2PM is lunch, 2PM-5PM is cookies for snacks, 5-8PM is hot items (meatballs, shrimp, egg rolls, jalepeno cheese sticks) with the veggie tray & cheese tray. Alcoholic beverages were for sale (wine, beer, liquors)
Never saw more than 12 folks at a time including the Kentucky Derby run that afternoon. At 5pm we met John (Laurie's workmate who does evening) who clued us in on a restaurant with 50's theme at MGM Studios which we were doing the next day. He also gave us a pass to put into machines at the park at the ride we want that gives us first in line opetions for FREE (not the $50 addition for the privilege).

For a Disney resort, the doors are solid as we never heard a kid running & screaming in the hallways, or the kids are behaved that stay here. We slept very well, shower was great, but I loved the soaking tub with bubble bath.
Bus to MGM Studios was prompt, we had a great time.

Learned our room was $259/nt + tax. So very nice upgrade.

That night we had a delivery, a silver bucket with Moret champagne & 2 chocolate champage glasses with a note from Laurie & John (the consierges) thanking us for treating them like good friends.
Old May 8, 2004, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Nice review. I have enjoyed this hotel a couple of times in the past year. The concierge are great. Lots of usefull information. Just tell them what you plan to do and they may have a few goodies for you. Last time we (my youngest son and I) were there we told them about our plans to go to the Rainforest Cafe. Laurie just pulled out a pass for imediate seating! Nice not to have to wait one hour in line. ^

Some rooms face the highway, ask about that and request something else since it can be noisy.
Old May 9, 2004, 12:59 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
Cool

Originally Posted by theawesome1
At 5pm we met John (Laurie's workmate who does evening) who clued us in on a restaurant with 50's theme at MGM Studios which we were doing the next day. He also gave us a pass to put into machines at the park at the ride we want that gives us first in line opetions for FREE (not the $50 addition for the privilege).
Sounds like you had a great time at the Downtown Disney Hilton. I stayed there once before I got status and found it was nice but I really prefer to stay on property at WDW.

One note, you don't need to pay anything extra to get Fastpasses at any of the Disney parks. You simply put your park ticket into the Fastpass machines at the rides which support Fastpass and you'll you'll get a Fastpass no problem.

GNW
Old May 10, 2004, 1:32 pm

The fastpass is free but with the regular ticket you only get one at a time. When you buy a vacation package from AAA and probably the Walt Disney Travel Co. you can get multi fastpass tickets. You don't have to wait until one fastpass expires or until the printed time to get the next one. Could this be what theawesome1 is talking about? I got this perk when I booked a package with AAA.
Old May 15, 2004, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hilton, located in the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort Trip Reports and Reviews

Hello,

30th April-2nd May
Room 1062

I arrived at about 430pm off my VS flight from London. I was checked in quickly and given my keys.

Room 1062 is at the end of the hotel on the top floor with curved windows.
As you opened the door there is a hallway then a huge jaccuzzi bath then the closet ( bathrobes also).

There is a separate bathrom with sink, toilet and shower ( lots of towels which were large and very comfy). The main bedroom was large and nicely appointed.
The room faced the front of the hotel with the fountains and you could see the 9th floor balcony below us.
I had a couple of cold ones ( diet coke) and biscuits in the Exec lounge on the 9th floor before goping to the pool ( closed temporariliy due to lighting forecast).
I had to go down stairs to the main desk to get a key card to activate the safe ( free with the $10 resort fee, $4per day if not, but I was not charged)
It is a short walk to Downtown disney ( market place) with 45 secs given to cross the road ( less than 5 mis from front door to DD). The old sidewalk from the pool area is closed so you have to go via the front door.

The breakfast selections in the lounge is good with cereal, fruit, breads & yoghurt. Orange juice is fresh and there is a coffee machine.

There is a good selection of evening hors d'oervers from 5pm-7pm with a bar ( pay for alcoholic drinks)

There is a regular shuttle service to the theme parks.

Finns Grill had a buffet on my second day ( 1st of May) which was good at $25 approx.

There are two large pools ( warm), one childrens pool , two spas and also an arcade room and Disney shops.

On the day of departure although check out was 11am I was able to get a 2pm check out with no charge

2nd stay
May 4th-May 5th
Room 814.

I arrived back from the Marriott world centre about 230pm and went straight up to the Executive lounge to check in. John was on duty and he was very good.
He kept seeing rooms on his computer saying ready but occupied for rooms that were supposed to be available. The first room he was going to give me (945) he went along to check but it was not ready so he gave me a parlour room (814).
This is at the other end of the hotel and is a fair hike.
The room is huge with a bedroom and living room with an six person table, a separate wet bar area ( with a refrigerator) and a largish bathroomwith the comfy towels and a bathrobe . There is also a balcony so you could see downtown disney in the left hand side.
Exec lounge was very good.
I tried out the fitness room ( free of charge) and it was large, quiet and well appointed.
Breakfast the next day was very good and I got a late check out of 1pm ( requested time) with no charge.
I was talking to John at check out and he was mentioning thst the " Gay days" -end of may are when the parks get extremely busy some of the days and hotels can get booked - this is one of the days that even Diamonds would not be able to get rooms-extradordinary days?
I was able to grab a coffee and cola after checking out in the lounge for a few minutes before leaving.

Overall a very nice hotel,good facilites and good HH status recognition.
( Ideal for Downtown Disney)
Regards

TBS
Old May 16, 2004, 6:42 am

Great report. I will be there again at the end of the month (with my son). I'm hoping for a nice room. Already emailed John and some weird comment has been added to my reservation. BTW Gay Days are June 1-4 (the week after our visit there).
Old May 23, 2004, 3:10 pm

We managed to get a great room, 10th floor facing Downtown Disney. If you have a question regarding places to eat or see, ask the concierge. They are quite helpfull.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've saved $60 ( plus a room upgrade) at Hilton WDW in May

Hi,

I had booked a room for May 1-4 at $209 per night at the Hilton WDW.

Today when checking prices I could get a Towers Room for $189. ( other room pprices have gone down ie King room to $149 pn from $209)

So I booked it ( the saving of $60 will buy me the equivalent of a one day pass to WDW!! )

( Being a HH Diamond, I probably would have been upgraded to the Towers anyway ( subject to availability)) but sometimes it is good to guarantee it.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 20, 2005, 1:43 pm
cjd

Surely you could have saved another $120 by booking the $149 room and as you say possibly getting upgraded to the Towers as Diamond! You could also have gone to Universal Studios and Epcot with that saving. Just goes to show, you have to keep checking room rates - often do this and change the rate. Also notice that prices do seem considerably cheaper in Florida in May, especially compared to February and March.

Chris.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 9:17 am

You may want to check with the hotel about their "policy" for upgrading. About 4 months ago, as a gold I was upgraded to a junior suite with lounge access. Being that I was on a different floor than the lounge, my guess is that they would automatically give you lounge access, even if you were not staying on the Towers level.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 9:51 am

Why not call and ask ahead of time to request an upgrade?
...MissBumpMe! and have been upgraded in advance a few times when simply calling to "re-confirm" our reservations.

That would be an even larger savings, TBS!
Old Feb 21, 2005, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Thank you for your comments.

I checked on line this evening and my Towers Room has been upgraded to " ROOM TYPE NOT AVAILABLE"

( Last time I was there the same room type showed up and I was put in a corner room on the top floor with a jacuzzi bath and separate shower/wc and a large room ( I can deal with that

I found a contact for one of the concierges at the hotel and have sent an email to see what this room type is.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 21, 2005, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Not bad at all. I stayed at this property earlier in the year, though it was a Priceline stay so I didn't get any points or stay credit. However, I did enjoy the property and my visit to Disney. Enjoy your trip!
Old Mar 22, 2005, 5:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, NWA
Hilton Disney World Upgrades?

We're staying at the Hilton WDW in Orlando next week. I know it will be a very busy time, with spring break and all. Any experience out there with upgrades, executive lounge access, etc for diamonds?
Old Mar 22, 2005, 6:54 am

We were upgraded to some sort of suite (easily the size of 2 rooms put together) when we went last August. We also had access to the lounge.

I was Gold at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.