Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cancun Mar Caribe All-Inclusive Resort

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2023, 3:21 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Reservations are being accepted and can be booked now from November 1, 2023 onward.

This resort property is not to be confused with Hilton Cancun, An All-Inclusive Resort.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 3:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Interesting. This currently is the Royal Uno Resort. They are no longer taking reservations, but according to the reviews, they had guests staying as recently as a week ago.

https://royalunoresort.com/?utm_sour...aAgDwEALw_wcB#

Besides the Canopy which is not on the beach, this is the only Hilton property in the Hotel Zone. Right near Playa Delfines
Old Sep 4, 2023, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Southwest A-List
Little bit more detail: https://royalunoresort.com/royal-uno...-islander-2023
Appears same owner also bought the property next door and it's closed. Wonder if they will renovate and merge them...
Old Sep 4, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Nice!
Michael19887 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: All of em...
I'm excited about this place! Seems like a great resort being that the other all-inclusive near Cancun doesn't have the turquoise beaches like this one would, being in the hotel zone. The restaurants look good! Looking forward to reviews.
atojbk likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 1:44 pm

Any reviews after the Hilton switch? Looking to stay with my wife and two kids in December.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 10:09 pm

This place is getting roasted on Google Reviews, but Trip Advisor reviews are much more favorable. Debating switching away from this after reading some of the stuff on Maps. Wanted to circle back and see if anyone had been after the switch to Hilton.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The reviews on Tripadvisor are indeed rough, but given the disaster that the Hilton portfolio is in Cancun, this hotel is the only hope for the future...
Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:57 pm

Checking out from a 5 night stay tomorrow. Resort has a decent location, is well maintained, and food is above average for an AI. Got upgraded as a Diamond, although it was to a room I didn't want, but a paid upgrade into a nice suite was cheap ($100/night).

Biggest complaints:
Pools are absolutely freezing. Not uncommon in winter in Mexico, but they are essentially unusable.
Strict lifeguard enforcement on the beach (can't blame hotel for this, waves were rough). More of a FYI, here.
Service while sitting poolside is lethargic. Service in restaurants was good.

Overall, I was impressed by the hotel. For 100k/night into a standard room, 5th night free, 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 2), it's a tremendous points value.
atojbk and boracat like this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:57 pm

what activities did they have for kids>?

Originally Posted by shimps1
Checking out from a 5 night stay tomorrow. Resort has a decent location, is well maintained, and food is above average for an AI. Got upgraded as a Diamond, although it was to a room I didn't want, but a paid upgrade into a nice suite was cheap ($100/night).

Biggest complaints:
Pools are absolutely freezing. Not uncommon in winter in Mexico, but they are essentially unusable.
Strict lifeguard enforcement on the beach (can't blame hotel for this, waves were rough). More of a FYI, here.

Overall, I was impressed by the hotel. For 100k/night into a standard room, 5th night free, 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 2), it's a tremendous points value.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by atojbk
what activities did they have for kids>?
They had a kids club with an indoor area, a covered playground etc. Crafts every hour, games, soccer, etc. We only used it for about an hour, but my kids enjoyed it. Age range allowed in is 4-12 IIRC.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 2:08 pm

anyone have an email for this hotel?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by atojbk
anyone have an email for this hotel?
There is none listed on the website. I tried to find one for a very long time. Only option is to call.
atojbk likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 7:51 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shimps1

Biggest complaints:

Hi,

did you have to pay anything extra for your kids? I am looking at 100k a night redemption for 2 adults and 2 kids (11 yo and under 1 yo) and was curious if they are going to ask me to pay a supplement for my 11yo...

Thank you!
Old Jan 22, 2024, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
Hi,

did you have to pay anything extra for your kids? I am looking at 100k a night redemption for 2 adults and 2 kids (11 yo and under 1 yo) and was curious if they are going to ask me to pay a supplement for my 11yo...

Thank you!
Put it into your booking and it'll update pricing. I did not pay extra, but my oldest is 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.