Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Max Power
one of the little ones referred to as "futzä-schläckers" in the local dialect
this word (written without the last 's') would only fit here
Old Jun 20, 2004, 4:46 am

send you a message

hi diamond dog

send you a message. i have a lot of guests in zurich, working for hp and travelling a lot to california.

see you soon in switzerland

regards
alex
Old Jun 20, 2004, 8:35 am

Programs: AC MM
Diamond Dog:

I just spoke with the Zürich Hilton Assistant Manager - he tells me "no problem of any form" having your dog with you when you stay at the hotel - if you let them know in advance (along with your reservation) that you have a dog, they will provide a water-bowl for the dog in your room at check-in. But you don't even need to do that, so relax.

While you are here, walk down the little hill that the main Hilton Hotel sits on, and come visit the Hilton Apart-Hotel, which is the long-stay hotel (and one of Hilton's best kept secrets). There is a very nice outdoor patio for having lunch, a snack, or a late evening beverage or ice cream at, and also a very large tree-covered but grassy park area right beside, where you and the dog can get some exercise. If you stay in the main hotel, you can sign at the Apart-Hotel, and vice-versa.

MaxPower
Old Jan 26, 2005, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Angry Hilton ZRH refuses to honor double miles

At the beginning of Jan, I stayed 1 nite at Hilton Zurich airport on a fare caled Winter Escape (or some other Escape) that said on web "double airmiles".
When only 500 miles were posted, I wrote to Diamond desk....
The answer: the double airmiles is only for ElAl (Israel) airline.
I wrote back that neither in the fare title-line nor in the Detailed window it says that the "double airmiles" is only for ElAl - so far no response.

Any thoughts / suggestions....

Hey - how do you like "refuses to honor" in title, goes nicely with HHonors!
Old May 29, 2005, 11:30 am

Programs: Starwood Plat, UA Plat, 2MM, AS MVPG
Transport to Zurich Hilton

Can any of you tell me how to get from Zurich Airport to the Zurich Hilton?

thanks in advance.
Old May 29, 2005, 2:05 pm

Just use the bus- http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/m...tyhocn=ZRHHITW
Old May 29, 2005, 2:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Free shuttle. Takes about 5 minutes, but may have to wait 10-20 minutes as it runs to a schedule.
Old May 29, 2005, 5:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The shuttle is free, clean and quick. I can' recall the periodicity, but waited perhaps 10 minutes.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3.8 mm), HH Diamond
Need hotel recommendation in Zurich

My wife and I are vacationing in several Europian cities this fall. The only Hilton family property in Zurich is at the airport. How is it? How convenient is it for us as tourists? I obviously would prefer a Hilton property, but not if it is inconvenient for tourists. So, if not there, then where? Thanks!!

Last edited by dwoolly; Jul 31, 2005 at 12:57 pm
Old Jul 31, 2005, 6:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I like the Airport Hilton in Zurich and stay there regularly when I'm back in Switzerland either on business or with my family on vacation. I stayed there last year with my son who had his wisdom teeth extracted. He told the lounge attendant who then (on her own initiative) arranged for bags of ice to be delivered to the room at regular intervals. For this my son was eternally grateful! It was pretty charateristic of the kind of people they have working there.

It's not in the middle of Zurich, however there is a frequent shuttle bus to and from the airport from where there are regular trains to the centre of the city. You can also get trains from the airport to most other major Swiss cities like Lucerne or Fribourg/Lausanne/Geneva. So, although it's not THE most convenient hotel if you want to wander about Zurich city center, it's not in the boonies either.....
Old Jul 31, 2005, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I like the Airport Hilton in Zurich and stay there regularly when I'm back in Switzerland either on business or with my family on vacation. I stayed there last year with my son who had his wisdom teeth extracted. He told the lounge attendant who then (on her own initiative) arranged for bags of ice to be delivered to the room at regular intervals. For this my son was eternally grateful! It was pretty charateristic of the kind of people they have working there.

It's not in the middle of Zurich, however there is a frequent shuttle bus to and from the airport from where there are regular trains to the centre of the city. You can also get trains from the airport to most other major Swiss cities like Lucerne or Fribourg/Lausanne/Geneva. So, although it's not THE most convenient hotel if you want to wander about Zurich city center, it's not in the boonies either.....
I luv the Zurich Hilton but would not suggest it if you want to experience the joy of the city. Why not get a place closer to town so you can avoid the logistical hassles?
Old Jul 31, 2005, 9:40 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
If you want to stay with the Hilton family this hotel is great even though it is not in the city. The shuttle to and from the airport runs very frequently and are pretty hassle free and the train from the airport to the city isnt that long either. I didnt find it to be that much of a hassle really. I did like this hotel a lot.....the service was excellent. Everybody there worked extremely hard to take care of whatever we needed. If you dont mind the fact that its not "downtown" then it is a really good hotel. I will be returning for sure.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 3:40 am

I stayed there last year for the infamous love parade. The transfers to/from the airport worked fine even during the wee hours and early mornings. The hotel is great and affordable--I was offered a 99Euro/nt special for Gold members. Make sure to try the apple tart in the lounge.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 3:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If staying out by the airport, consider the Zurich Card since it should cover your Zurich area transport needs at a fixed price.

http://www.zuerich.com/zurich_az/en/...layLanguage=en
Old Aug 1, 2005, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Hilton Zurich is ok. Note the shuttle doesnt start early enough for checking in the early flights (fortunately I had checked in the previous day).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.