Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Best Hilton London hotel with a girl?

What would you say is the best, most fun, trendiest Hilton London hotel to go on a date with your wife/woman?

So nothing too plain and boring but rather something exciting or hip or romantic.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:17 pm

Hilton Bankside. Probably the best Hilton in London. The Penthouse suite has that wow factor, though regular rooms are very nice too. Pool and jaccuzi really good. Really great exec lounge. It’s right next to the Tate Modern so very artsy hotel.

DoubleTree Tower of London - Lively bar called The Savage Garden on the top floor. Rooftop terrace overlooking major landmarks in London, excellent view at night. Really trendy cocktails, like ‘The Devils advocate’ and ‘The horny beast’. Highly recommend the City Suite if you stay here.

Last edited by Leonvomp; Mar 10, 2020 at 4:25 pm
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Sorry i could not disagree more on the Bankside.

"Where are we?"

"Why are we here?"

YMMV.

I would (and have ) opt for Park Lane, Waldorf, or Trafalgar.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Yep, I second the Waldorf.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Thanks for the suggestions. Thoughts on the Waldorf vs The St. James Conrad?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Old world charm in and a great location for the Waldorf. The Conrad is more recently built and while the location isn't bad by any means (and is nearer the tube) it's not quite in the middle of things as the Waldorf. Both have good lounges (very good lounges by USA standards). I would have a look at the detailed threads on both of those hotels and perhaps Bankside too. In a way there isn't a right or wrong, a lot depends on what you like and want.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Can’t comment on trafalgar but I personally would choose the Waldorf over the Conrad any day as it has a great spa and gym...... the Executive lounge is pretty good too
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, as a young solo-traveler with perpetual indecisiveness, I’m going to take advantage of my ability to hotel hop while I can and try out t4 (on arrival, will be coming from Asia), St. James, Waldorf, and Bankside, order of last three tbd. While my trip is still a short while away I’ll make sure to report back and tell you my thoughts
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Curio Shoeditch is another option. DT Tower would also be worth considering.
Leonvomp likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:00 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Sorry i could not disagree more on the Bankside.

"Where are we?"

"Why are we here?"

YMMV.

I would (and have ) opt for Park Lane, Waldorf, or Trafalgar.
I echo the Park Lane
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:05 pm

Trafalgar. Nice roof terrace overlooking the square, hotel seems to be targeted at trendy millennials.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
Planning a week in London in December, hoping for some degree of normalcy by then. Looking at Hyde Park Hilton (52k/night) versus Park Lane Hilton (80k/night). SInce stay is a week, the points difference is 168k - not insignificant but not so much that it's a no-brainer. A couple of questions:
  • What is the difference in neighborhoods? Is it a Upper East Side versus Upper West Side kind of thing? Either have more of a local vibe? Restaurant options / quality?
  • Any difference in what is accessible within walking distance (<1.5 mi) or Underground options?
  • How different are the rooms in the hotel? Seems to be both on the small side, with only a side chair for seating.
  • The Exec Lounge is obviously a big benefit at Park Lane - otherwise how do amenities and character compare?
  • SInce it will be December, and I am looking forward to soaking up the holiday atmosphere, would either be more suitable for that?
Thanks for any advice! Here's hoping we're in a better place in December!!
Old Apr 14, 2020, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by umustbjokim
Planning a week in London in December, hoping for some degree of normalcy by then. Looking at Hyde Park Hilton (52k/night) versus Park Lane Hilton (80k/night). SInce stay is a week, the points difference is 168k - not insignificant but not so much that it's a no-brainer. A couple of questions:
It strikes me as a resonable differential. Park Lane is a big hotel right on the edge of Mayfair, not far from the former US Embassy. Hyde Park is much smaller and slightly out of the centre of things (but I guess it's close to the current Russian Embassy!). So the comparison would be Upper East Side versus perhaps the less fashionable bits of Chelsea. Both hotels have reviews elsewhere in this forum. They both have their merits, Hyde Park has more restaurants and cafés nearby, Park Lane has Oxford Street and Piccadilly within walking distance. They both have the park at the door, which is more enjoyable in summer than winter. The room sizes are small by US standards, but probably about average for London. Apart from the Lounge, the other key thing missing in the Hyde Park hotel is no gym, plus they have outsourced their restaurant to Aubade (which has pluses as well as minuses). Both have good public transport in terms of the tube nearby, the Park Lane is also well located for a lot of bus services.

Overall I thnk someone would legitimately choose Hyde Park to save money / points, it's still central, and if you are primarily going to be out and about every day then it will do the job. Park Lane is essentially location, location, location, plus of course a good view from the upper floors. In terms of a festive feeling, probably Park Lane is better due to Oxford Stree and the more chi-chi shops of Mayfair.
aztimm, umustbjokim, wizla and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It strikes me as a resonable differential. Park Lane is a big hotel right on the edge of Mayfair, not far from the former US Embassy. Hyde Park is much smaller and slightly out of the centre of things (but I guess it's close to the current Russian Embassy!). So the comparison would be Upper East Side versus perhaps the less fashionable bits of Chelsea. Both hotels have reviews elsewhere in this forum. They both have their merits, Hyde Park has more restaurants and cafés nearby, Park Lane has Oxford Street and Piccadilly within walking distance. They both have the park at the door, which is more enjoyable in summer than winter. The room sizes are small by US standards, but probably about average for London. Apart from the Lounge, the other key thing missing in the Hyde Park hotel is no gym, plus they have outsourced their restaurant to Aubade (which has pluses as well as minuses). Both have good public transport in terms of the tube nearby, the Park Lane is also well located for a lot of bus services.

Overall I thnk someone would legitimately choose Hyde Park to save money / points, it's still central, and if you are primarily going to be out and about every day then it will do the job. Park Lane is essentially location, location, location, plus of course a good view from the upper floors. In terms of a festive feeling, probably Park Lane is better due to Oxford Stree and the more chi-chi shops of Mayfair.
The Hyde park Hilton is a decent hotel, the double tree beside it is not quite as nice but decent enough.

Ive stayed at them both and like them, the walk down through Hyde park or down embassy drive (well alot of embassies are down there) is a very pleasant on an evening. The Metropole is too impersonal but again a nice walk. The doubletree Victoria is nice (especially if you get a decent room). Ive stayed there most weeks for the last year or so.

I would ask the question what are you looking to use the hotel for a base or somewhere you are going to eat at and spend time in?
Old Apr 19, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Assuming it happens this year the Winter Wonderland will be on by then and the Park Lane is well situated for that (as well as being a far better hotel.) In 2018 i was at the PL twice during the WW (once before Xmas and once after), and was able to pop in and go back to the hotel easily if it got to be too much (as it can, tbh I can't see it happening in the same mosh pit manner this year.)
umustbjokim likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.