Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FFlash
If you pay that other room for us, thank you

I am half-scottish
I suspect that the cheapest pair of inter-connecting rooms in some of the cheaper Hiltons / HGIs would be available at a lower price than even a large room at some of the top tier Hiltons.

Gatwick Hilton does have a few rooms with 3 beds in them, for example the King Deluxe Family room has a king and 2 twins in it. Now that's an example where in certain circumstances it may be cheaper to have 2 rooms, on a random night, two of the cheaper twins would total Ł198, but the Family Room costs Ł216.
writerguyfl and :D! like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Generally, you won't find triple single beds at the big US 3. Definitely not in North America. I found single triple beds to be mostly available at budget or independent hotels.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:16 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
We are 3 adults and wont be making love together, hence the need for 3 beds.
We would be happy to have a twin room with two beds and a sofa/rollaway as extra, but even that seems none xisting in London. Done that thousand times elsewhere.
Hampton by Hilton has the Twin + Sofa bed config.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Sofa beds sure, they are everywhere, but I have never seen three distinct beds in a single hotel room anywhere, including the US and Asia.
I've seen them in Japan. (Japanese hotel chains) They are like three twin/full beds in one room.

Heck, they even have one room with 4 beds in Japan:

Example: https://www.keioplaza.com/rooms/fourth.html

I once got "upgraded" to a 3-bed room because of overbooking.(yes, apparently hotels there also overbook) It was amusing... because I felt like Goldilocks...
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:34 pm

Hilton Gatwick has rooms with 3 and even 4 beds.

Otherwise have you considered the head to toe solution?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Offshore171
Hilton Gatwick has rooms with 3 and even 4 beds.

Otherwise have you considered the head to toe solution?
Unless they are Amish, I don't see how head to toe can be a solution.

alternatively, just stop by Costco and pick up a queen-size air mattress for $90. I bought one and it was absolutely perfect for TWO 6-foot-tall guys with combined weight of almost 500 pounds. (but after the 3rd night, I moved them to real beds)
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I have seen the odd 3 beds in a room, usually is awkward and overcrowded.

Bunk beds in an alcove are also not unheard of eg Hilton Sandestin (FL.) They are meant for kids but an adult under 5' 9" could sleep comfortably.
Good point, I have stayed in that hotel on an overnight stay driving from New Orleans to Naples. I distinctly remember it because the room smelled so mouldy.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:05 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Check out the Twin family guestroom at Doubletree Victoria.

Has two single beds and a roll away bed.

Close to London Victoria station and quite good for travelling around. ( has national rail/underground/bus connectivity nearby).

Also convenient if flying to or from Gatwick airport.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Tower Bridge or Bankside

I’m going to a play at the National Theatre next month and I can’t decide which Hilton to go for, Bankside or Hilton Tower Bridge. Rate is the same. Never stayed at Hilton Tower Bridge before and there was one guy who wrote on Tripadvisor he was disturbed by renovation works?? Any opinions?

Last edited by Winniesbestfriend; Feb 19, 2020 at 9:01 am
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:27 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
I’m going to a play at the National Theatre next month and I can’t decide which Hilton to go for, Bankside or Hilton Tower Bridge. Rate is the same. Never stayed at Hilton Tower Bridge before and there was one guy who wrote on Tripadvisor he was disturbed by renovation works?? Any opinions?
Hi.... they both have great points it’s hard to say, I actually think TB is similar to Hilton Canary Wharf, a smaller lounge but great outside terrace although this is probably irrelevant in winter.
Problem is breakfast is apparently patchy here currently due to Jamie’s Italian closing , where Bankside breakfast is awesome especially the honey nut granola.

If it was me and the price was the same and this time of year I would probably pick Bankside, if it was summer I would probably go for TB as the lounge terrace is impressive.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Hi, thanks for the input, I’ve already booked Bankside as I managed to get a really good deal. Been a while so looking forward to it.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Hi, thanks for the input, I’ve already booked Bankside as I managed to get a really good deal. Been a while so looking forward to it.
Yep, still a great choice ,i was supposed to be there Friday 20th March but gig cancelled..... have fun!
MoodyB likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 6:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I'm planning a trip to London this summer, and it'll be my first time in the UK (or Europe actually). Have Hilton Diamond status and a ton of points, I guess what would be your recommendation for a first-timer across the pond? The irony of me being in the UK on the 4th of July isn't lost on me haha.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
I'm planning a trip to London this summer, and it'll be my first time in the UK (or Europe actually). Have Hilton Diamond status and a ton of points, I guess what would be your recommendation for a first-timer across the pond? The irony of me being in the UK on the 4th of July isn't lost on me haha.
If money(points) is no objection then you will be best looking at something as central as possible, to minimise your travelling. And my other tip would be to try to use busses more than the underground so that when you are going from A to B you actually get a little sightseeing tour on the way. The underground is very efficient but living like a mole and surfacing just where you want to be means you miss so much along the way.

Personally I tend to use Kensington Olympia but that is primarily because I enjoy the area and the price is usually less than many other options. It's not as central as you may want to be as a first time visitor. Explore google maps as much as you can to get an idea of where you want to go and therefore where you would best be staying.

And I (British) will be in Oregon on the 4th July
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
I'd do the Hilton Waldorf personally as a first time visitor, Very central and has a classical "old world" character to it (for many Americans). When we took my MIL to Europe on her first trip there we stayed at the Waldorf and she loved it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.