Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort {MEX} [leaving Hilton on October 31, 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort {MEX} [leaving Hilton on October 31, 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by dannieboiz
I'm booking a reward stay this weekend for puerto Vallarta. We're taking my parents and my 5 months old son.
This must be a culture thing right? As i couldnt imagine sharing a room with my parents. Eeek. Especially with a 5mth old, where you could be in and out of bed all night.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
This must be a culture thing right? As i couldnt imagine sharing a room with my parents. Eeek. Especially with a 5mth old, where you could be in and out of bed all night.
No, I think a cost thing
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:05 am

I'd worry less about the room itself for this stay and more about stocking up on booze to get through it.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by neo_781
No, I think a cost thing
yup, @ almost $500/night I'm not about to pay $2k for an extra room.

Maybe kryten22uk doesn't have a very good relationship with his/her parents hence the thought of being in the same room with them is out of this world.

My parents are in the late 60's and I'll do what ever it takes to spend some extra time with them.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 1:02 pm

yup, @ almost $500/night I'm not about to pay $2k for an extra room.

Maybe kryten22uk doesn't have a very good relationship with his/her parents hence the thought of being in the same room with them is out of this world.

My parents are in the late 60's and I'll do what ever it takes to spend some extra time with them.
I would do anything for love but I wont do that.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:14 pm
cjd

Mine's the opposite situation. I love my son, daughter and grandchildren, but certainly wouldn't want to share a hotel room with them. I'll spend the extra time with them in the room next door!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:01 pm

Perhaps you got deep pockets. If money wasnt an issue then choice is clear. Unless u guys are generous enough to spare 240k points for me. Lol
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
Interesting if you are paying $ that the price of two rooms with two adults each is not much different than paying for one room with four adults. With points, the number of people in the room doesn't matter... so sharing a room saves a lot of points.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm surprised that you really save so much money in a single room at an all-inclusive. That is, I'm surprised that the room rate isn't based on 2 people with a very high ex-person charge...enough that booking 2 x 2 becomes worthy of consideration.

In a normal hotel, yes, I get that you save 50% by sleeping in one room instead of two. I just figured all-inclusives would price it differently since the cost is more in the food/booze than the bed.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
I'm surprised that you really save so much money in a single room at an all-inclusive. That is, I'm surprised that the room rate isn't based on 2 people with a very high ex-person charge...enough that booking 2 x 2 becomes worthy of consideration.

In a normal hotel, yes, I get that you save 50% by sleeping in one room instead of two. I just figured all-inclusives would price it differently since the cost is more in the food/booze than the bed.
AI paid price is different, but when you book a reward stay it doesn't matter.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Gold
Just curious if the OPs grandparents are still alive and able to travel....
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by lowestpaidsap
Just curious if the OPs grandparents are still alive and able to travel....
I'm not sure how this question is relevant to anything, but to answer your question no.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Good to know. ^
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by Flyer737:20329704
Interesting if you are paying $ that the price of two rooms with two adults each is not much different than paying for one room with four adults. With points, the number of people in the room doesn't matter... so sharing a room saves a lot of points.
I have a family of 6; wife and 4 kids under 12. Looking to do a 2 night stay in NYC. Do I need to book 2 rooms or can we all crash in the same room? Would the hotel frown on this? Hoping for an upgrade to a suite or may just book the Time Square Double Tree Suites. I am new to Hilton so not sure of their policies.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
This would not be true, in the last two years I went to two all inclusive, Costa Rica and Jamaica and anything beyond 2 in the room was more money or more points. It ended up being better to get the second room for my 3 kids and have a little privacy with my wife. It did cost me 500K points each vacation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.