Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by aglp2k
Any feedback on DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Moda?

At 7,500 points/night, it seems to be a steal compared to other Hilton branded hotels in Istanbul.
Where are you seeing 7,500 points/night?? Isn't it a Cat. 5?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hard2please
Where are you seeing 7,500 points/night?? Isn't it a Cat. 5?
I tried to book an award night on Hilton.com. It is showing 7,500 points/night for this hotel.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by deant
How about a review of the Doubletree Old Town?
Excellent hotel. I stayed there in the beginning of March. Right next to the tram. The hotel desk is extremely friendly. The only downside is that the rooms are small but the Turkish bath, the jacuzzi, the gym, the rooms - everything is brand new. Everyone is super nice. Unless you have status, however, and get free breakfast, I would not eat at the hotel. The prices are exorbitant - something like 25 Euros for the breakfast. Any more specific questions, feel free to post and I will respond.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 7:28 am

bump....
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:04 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Any feedback on DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Moda?

At 7,500 points/night, it seems to be a steal compared to other Hilton branded hotels in Istanbul. However this hotel is on the Asian side of Istanbul. Should I consider this as base to visit Istanbul attractions or stay at a hotel on the European side.
Moda is my favourite neighbourhood in Istanbul, but I would not stay there for a short visit as a tourist. It's a great location for living in Istanbul, but it is very far from the tourist spots.

I would only recommend staying there if you are happy to spend a couple of hours commuting to the tourists attractions every day by bus and boat, or if you want to experience life in Istanbul (which includes a lot of commuting). I can't say anything about the hotel itself since I always stay in my sister in law's apartment when I need to stay in this part of Istanbul.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 2:54 pm

I tried to book an award night on Hilton.com. It is showing 7,500 points/night for this hotel.
I just saw that too. Very tempted to book at that rate, even if it IS far from the tourist attractions. I don't suppose they have any kind of executive lounge or anything...
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
For "Executive Floor" offerings, this property lists (see link in OP) complimentary breakfast for two in the restaurant and for higher grade facilities it stresses Bosphorus views, Whirlpools et al, but no lounge, so I suspect there is no Executive Lounge at this Doubletree.

Originally Posted by hard2please
I just saw that too. Very tempted to book at that rate, even if it IS far from the tourist attractions. I don't suppose they have any kind of executive lounge or anything...
Old Apr 9, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Solitaire, Miles & More Senator, Hilton Honors Diamond
Dear J Diver, many thanks for alerting us to these new HH properties in what must be one of my favourite places in the world!

On google maps, the Doubletree Moda is on the European side not that far from Beyoglu (or the Hilton Istanbul for that matter).

The Doubletree Old Town is even more centrally located by the Bazaar and next to the tram line to the airport.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:13 pm

Moda - Kadıköy on the Asian side, fronting Sea of Marmara

I do think that is the one - this Google Maps link shows it as very close to the Kadıköy ferry boat docks on the Sea of Marmara, across from and a bit south of Istanbul - European side and the Bosphorus.

You can easily take the ferry to Eminönü or Karaköy:

Link to information on using Istanbul feribot system is here (thanks to the knowledgeable Tom Brosnahan!)

I can hardly wait to return to Istanbul to check one of these out - though I have no complaints at all with the Hilton and Conrad (never stayed at the Hilton ParkSA).

Originally Posted by occasionally flying professor
Dear J Diver, many thanks for alerting us to these new HH properties in what must be one of my favourite places in the world!

On google maps, the Doubletree Moda is on the European side not that far from Beyoglu (or the Hilton Istanbul for that matter). (Not really, please see above.)

The Doubletree Old Town is even more centrally located by the Bazaar and next to the tram line to the airport.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 10, 2011 at 6:14 pm Reason: underscore ASIAN location / add post title for emphasis
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:51 am
AHN

On google maps, the Doubletree Moda is on the European side not that far from Beyoglu (or the Hilton Istanbul for that matter).
In that case Google maps is wrong. Moda is on the Asian side, as the hotel's webpage also states.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 8:08 am

Hilton has no availability for my dates of travel in June. Any recommendation from you experts on which one I should I choose, Conrad or Doubletree Old City? We are family of 4 inc 2 children. Can I get by booking one room on points and requesting an upgrade (comp or for a fee) to a larger room at check in? Any suggestions?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is 100% on the Asian side, and while not ideal for the first time tourist, saying that it would take hours to commute to Sultanahmet is a bit much. The hotel is maybe 5 minutes away for the ferries and one can be in Sirkeci in under half an hour by boat, from there one can be in the heart of Sultanahmet in 5 minutes by tram.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Solitaire, Miles & More Senator, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by hfly
It is 100% on the Asian side, and while not ideal for the first time tourist, saying that it would take hours to commute to Sultanahmet is a bit much. The hotel is maybe 5 minutes away for the ferries and one can be in Sirkeci in under half an hour by boat, from there one can be in the heart of Sultanahmet in 5 minutes by tram.
So sorry to have allowed google maps to have misled any reader. Now that I realise its in Kadikoy, I am even more excited as its walking distance from my favourite restaurant(s) in Istanbul - Ciya.

I agree with hfly that its really quite delightful to take the ferry to the Old City and beyond.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:31 pm

The ferries are a super way to get around (as long as one avoids rush hour), including all the way to Büyükdere and the museum and restaurants, Rumeli Kavağı and Anadolu Kavağı (lovely walk up to the castle ruins, a look at the Black Sea and a meal in a café or seafood restaurant in Anadolu Kavağı before heading back to the city). Lovely scenery all the way, and IMO there is no need to pay the big bucks for the expensive tour boats.

It sounds like I will have to try one of the Çiya restaurants the next time, and this (Moda - Kadıköy) property would certainly make it easy to do so.

So sorry to have allowed google maps to have misled any reader. Now that I realise its in Kadikoy, I am even more excited as its walking distance from my favourite restaurant(s) in Istanbul - Ciya.

I agree with hfly that its really quite delightful to take the ferry to the Old City and beyond.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 1:49 am
AHN

Originally Posted by hfly
That makes it about an hour each way to the attractions in Sultanahmet, or a couple of hours each day back and forth as I said. Moda is a wonderful neighbourhood, btw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.