Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 4, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Istanbul, Turkey {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
You might also think about the Doubletree. It is new and in the Old City. Not much in the way of reviews yet but the ones that have been posted are positive.

I have 4 nights booked there for this summer because we wanted to stay in the old city.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by deant
You might also think about the Doubletree. It is new and in the Old City. Not much in the way of reviews yet but the ones that have been posted are positive.

I have 4 nights booked there for this summer because we wanted to stay in the old city.
Good call! The hotel looks very nice but I really like the Executive Lounge experience in the evenings.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There are some substantive existing threads with meaty posts contributed to by members that would be a good idea to read for some in depth information. FlyerTalk works because of those members who have been willing to post and share their experiences, the pros and cons of each property's locations, and of course their personal predilections, when they match yours, may show the tipping point as to whether the Hilton or Conrad (or Doubletree) would be best for you specifically.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
We liked the Hilton as it was close to Taksim Sq and not so far out as the Conrad. It has a nice pool, with a Turkish bath. The rooms are spacious especially if you get one with a Bosphorus view.

The executive lounge is very good being open all day until 11pm, with alcohol available all day. Champagne is available on request.

The best meal we had in Istanbul was in the Chinese restaurant in the Hilton.

Taxis are plentiful and cheap
Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
We didn't eat at the Chinese restaurant, but otherwise I'd echo everything mac123 said. In addition, the morning breakfasts are great, and there is free access (well, for about 30 minutes at a time, but sometimes you can repeat)to about four computer terminals in the lounge if you need it. As a HH Gold, request a Bosphorus view room. A good but not guaranteed chance you'd get it.

That being said, I agree with JDiver that if you search this forum for other threads with Istanbul in the title, you'll come up with some very in-depth posts on both properties, and possibly with posts comparing them.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; UA GOLD 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; HYATT EXPLORIST; MARRIOTT/IHGGOLD
I stayed at the Conrad last year. The location really isn't very good unless you have business right in the area. Being closer to Taksim makes much more sense. Conrad is a nice property - rooms are a decent size and the pool area/restaurant are very nice. There was nothing special about it though. There was absolutely zero recognition of status btw, no room upgrade, lounge access (not sure if there is a lounge) or breakfast. I did leave something a the hotel and they promptly replied to an email inquiry and sent the item on, for a large shipping fee. The Conrad isnt cheap and I wouldn't stay there again given a choice.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
I agree with most on here, the Conrad is very nice, but further out of the way. The Executive Lounge is great and has a wonderful view at the Hilton. The location is a short walk or cab ride to Taksim Square, from there you can tram down the hill and hit the light rail to be close to everything else.

Downside the communication wasn't real good on the part of the hotel staff.

On a positive, my favorite restaurant in Istanbul is right by the Hilton as well, Borsa. Traditional Turkish food, great view, great service, and in my opinion great prices for what you get in return. Hands down the best Iskender Kebab I have ever had.

Have fun, it's a great city.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 1:15 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Having been once at the "regular" Hilton, twice at the Hilton ParkSA and 3 times at the Conrad I must say my favorite is the Conrad.

Although we had a huuuuge suite upgrade at the Hilton it feels too big and impersonal IMHO.

At the Conrad the same person was at the EL reception in the 3 times in 3 years we went there and we were recognised and greeted accordingly.

Every time we got an upgrade to the EF even at rock-bottom rates.

The view from the Conrad lounge is also better IMHO, especially from the terrace.

I think it's down to personal preference, both are very good properties and you will not be disappointed. In our case...the Conrad is booked for this year too :-)

UTA
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by deant
You might also think about the Doubletree. It is new and in the Old City.
It's exactly these divergent opinions about the Conrad versus Hilton that have led me to book the new Doubletree for a family trip this summer.

Bottom line--both the Hilton and Conrad miss the mark. Neither has a WOW factor to make them the definitive choice.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 8:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'll echo UTA_flyinghigh and say the Conrad has always treated us very well, is a great walk to the ferry to the old town or toward the Black Sea, and a nice walk to Dolmabahçe Palace or to Ortaköy, and the restful Yıldız Park is next door. It really depends on what one is looking for, so without knowing that, it's hard to recommend anything.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Any idea why the Hilton is showing no availability from May, June and July? Other hotels are available.

Also, I noticed that the DoubleTree in Moda is only 7500 points/night but it seems to be on the Asia side of Istanbul. Any thoughts on booking this?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Any feedback on DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Moda?

At 7,500 points/night, it seems to be a steal compared to other Hilton branded hotels in Istanbul. However this hotel is on the Asian side of Istanbul. Should I consider this as base to visit Istanbul attractions or stay at a hotel on the European side.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
Personally I would stay on the European side. This is the advice we were given. We stayed at the Hilton Istanbul and had a great time, both in the hotel and in Istanbul
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
How about a review of the Doubletree Old Town?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
5 properties mean you can spend almost an entire week hotel-hopping in one city. Lalalalalaaaa.

UTA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.