Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old Feb 14, 02, 12:38 pm   #1

Hilton Cincinnati Airport

Any good or bad comments on this location? Are their better Hilton properties close to the airport? Thanks!
StanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 02, 6:36 pm   #2
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AA Plat, A/Plat IHG, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StanTheMan:
Any good or bad comments on this location?</font>
The CVG airport is a good 20 miles from Cincinnati, you are in the middle of nowhere.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Are their better Hilton properties close to the airport?</font>
As in amenities/perks? no. this is the closest.
Sweet Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 02, 9:13 pm   #3
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Location wise Hilton CVG is in the middle of a suburban strip mall area. There's a Hampton Inn next to it owned by the same company. The company also owns an Embassy Suites that is right on the Ohio River overlooking downtown Cincinnati but is about 14 mi from airport rather than 3-4 mi for the Hilton.
peteropny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 14, 5:26 pm   #4

Programs: DL Platinum; HH Diamond; National EE
Staying here while flights get straightened out.

The property is under significant construction/renovation. No mention of it on the website.

I requested a king room, high floor, away from elevator. I got everything but the king. I have a "suite" with two double beds.

The hallway is covered in plastic and some other rooms in the hall have their doors propped open, covered in paint cloths, etc. I apparently have one of the "pre-renovation" rooms.

I turn on the sink and put a wash cloth under the water to wash my face. The water in the sink is yellowish, where the water flow hit the washcloth there is a brown spot, and their are flecks of debris in the sink. The front desk sends two engineers up and they say a contractor cut through the pipes down the hall and I just need to "let it run". Eventually the water cleared up.

Overall, pretty disappointing for the rates they're charging. The DoubleTree at the airport looks like a MUCH better option.

Edit to add: Dinner in the lobby bistro was pretty good. Service was a little goofy, but food was very solid.
aww3583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 14, 5:59 pm   #5

Programs: Hilton Diamond, US Air Gold, National Exec
Thumbs up

have stayed at the double tree CVG (across the street) and it was great!!
Old Feb 14, 14, 11:05 pm   #6

Programs: HHonors Dia, Priority Club Plat, Marriott, SPG, Htz Gold
I stay at Hilton properties 40-50 nights pr year. Not sure why this property still has its Hilton stripes. It is awful. And the price Hilton charges a guest at this property is shameful. I just can't figure this one out.
smithit is offline   Reply With Quote