FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Cincinnati Airport {US-KY} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/125622-hilton-cincinnati-airport-us-ky.html)

StanTheMan Feb 14, 2002 12:38 pm

Hilton Cincinnati Airport {US-KY}

Any good or bad comments on this location? Are their better Hilton properties close to the airport? Thanks!

Sweet Willie Feb 14, 2002 6:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StanTheMan:
Any good or bad comments on this location?</font>
The CVG airport is a good 20 miles from Cincinnati, you are in the middle of nowhere.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Are their better Hilton properties close to the airport?</font>
As in amenities/perks? no. this is the closest.

peteropny Feb 14, 2002 9:13 pm

Location wise Hilton CVG is in the middle of a suburban strip mall area. There's a Hampton Inn next to it owned by the same company. The company also owns an Embassy Suites that is right on the Ohio River overlooking downtown Cincinnati but is about 14 mi from airport rather than 3-4 mi for the Hilton.

DL Platinum Jun 25, 2003 8:39 am

Hilton near CVG - any thoughts?

There is a Hilton in Florence KY about 5 miles from the CVG (Cincinnati) airport. Can anyone give me a reveiw? Specifically, as a Diamond, what can you expect, if anything?

Thanks!

Caceman Jun 30, 2003 2:10 pm

I've stayed at this hotel. If you have a car, there is a nice shortcut along the CVG property line, rather than taking the highway. The hotel is nice, in a good location. I don't think I was upgraded to a suite, but I do remember having a nice room. Check-in was friendly, and the HHonors lounge was one of the nicer ones that I've been in.

NOLA Flyer Sep 16, 2004 10:01 pm

Hilton Cincinnati Airport Trip Reports and Reviews

My flight through ATL was cancelled, so I booked a room at the Cincy Hilton Airport online and checked the HH Zip-In check box. Got to the hotel after waiting over 20 minutes for the slow hotel shuttles to pick up the 2 dozen or so people waiting impatiently at the airport baggage claim.

Got in the HH Zip-In line at the front desk, while 8 or so other people checked in normally. All those people were gone by the time my Zip-In check in was complete.

Was told by the person at the front desk who checked me in that room service was open until 10:30p, for which I had 15 minutes before they closed.

Got to my room and looked up the menu, which read Room Service was closed at 10p. I called the number anyway, and after a couple of dozen rings, the front desk picked up. They told me that room service was closed.

:mad:

I decided to walk over to Applebee's a block away for a quick bite, and when I passed by the front desk-I made the snide comment that "room service closes at 10p" to the guy who checked me in. He apologized. Someone else at the desk overheard and told him "I can't believe you told him that...."

At least they put me on the Executive level.

This is the way my day has been. I'm still kinda seething, so I just called the manager on duty to voice my displeasure. I'll keep y'all posted.

Jeeves Sep 16, 2004 10:39 pm

Not sure why you want to keep the hotel unnamed. If you tell us which hotel it was, other can pipe in and share their experiences at the same place.

I personally haven't used Zip Check-in, so I don't know what is involved. Can you share some details about what made it take so long. I usually just go to the HH line or do the regular check in. I almost always use the Zip Check out.

While your slow check in and bad info about room service was an annoyance, I am sure there are lots of other disgruntled travelers today dealing with Hurricane Ivan. At least you have power and a roof over your head.

Good luck with the rest of your trip.

NOLA Flyer Sep 16, 2004 11:04 pm

I just named the offending hotel. :)

I evacuated New Orleans earlier in the week to my inlaws in Lafayette (home of Cajun country, 130 miles west of NO), which turned into a 12 hour drive from hell. Flew out from LFT on a biz trip to DAY last night and was trying to get back to Lafayette tonight. Didn't happen, as my flight through ATL was cancelled.

Plan to return to NO over the weekend. It's been a rough week, but at least NO got spared of a direct hit.

Zip check in lets you present your credit card you booked the room with and you're supposed to be done in 30 seconds. More like 10 minutes for me. The person I was dealing with in the HH line was also answering phones, while the others checking people in the normal line were not.

Originally Posted by Jeeves
Not sure why you want to keep the hotel unnamed. If you tell us which hotel it was, other can pipe in and share their experiences at the same place.

I personally haven't used Zip Check-in, so I don't know what is involved. Can you share some details about what made it take so long. I usually just go to the HH line or do the regular check in. I almost always use the Zip Check out.

While your slow check in and bad info about room service was an annoyance, I am sure there are lots of other disgruntled travelers today dealing with Hurricane Ivan. At least you have power and a roof over your head.

Good luck with the rest of your trip.

Xyzzy Sep 17, 2004 12:04 am

Originally Posted by NOLA Flyer
Zip check in lets you present your credit card you booked the room with and you're supposed to be done in 30 seconds

That's what regular checkin is like for me... always fast! I've never tried or asked for "Zip check in"

NOLA Flyer Sep 25, 2004 9:46 pm

Well, nothing ever happened to my complaints about my stay at this hotel, other than the front desk person listening to my short rant.

I plan to write a letter just to reinforce my complaints. I suspect it never got to the manager on duty.

Sweet Willie Mar 11, 2006 2:21 pm

Just had a stay here, the Zip check in was working fine.

Room was fine, comfortable, clean. I really don't know about what if any upgrades are to be had at this property. Didn't use the shuttle as I had a rental car.

HHonors status recognized: $ off for dining, breakfast coupon, one bag each of candy/nuts and two bottles (smaller) of water were in the room waiting for me.

FWIW, there is now a BBQ place very close to the hotel, it's a chain but better than Applebee's.

--

DCBob Mar 11, 2006 5:51 pm

I stayed at the Cincinnati Airport Hilton in February. There are plenty of good restaurants close to the hotel, including a Cracker Barrel, which is a good thing because the service at the hotel restaurant and bar are awful. The morning I checked out there were no waiters or waitresses in sight for over 10 minutes to even ask to get the final bill. I finally found the hostess and then it still took 5 more minutes to get my check. The shining light at this hotel are the excellent and efficient front desk clerks.

peggster Jan 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Any recent experiences?

Does anyone have any recent experiences at this hotel? I'm looking for a place to stay with points, and the Netherland isn't available the weekend I'll be in town.

Thanks!

adam34space Sep 9, 2008 4:58 pm

Anyone have a recent stay at this hotel. I will arriving in CVG in a couple of weeks and Im looking for a hotel to stay at. I know that Hampton Inn is right next door.

patom Sep 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by adam34space (Post 10341004)
Anyone have a recent stay at this hotel. I will arriving in CVG in a couple of weeks and Im looking for a hotel to stay at. I know that Hampton Inn is right next door.

Will you just go right back to the airport in the morning or are you visiting another part of Cincinnati? The Netherland in downtown Cincinnati is a much better property as is the ES on the river. There are a number of HIs, HGIs a DT and another ES in the greater Cincinnati area.