What is “S SHARE”?

Old Jun 11, 2023, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
What is “S SHARE”?

I have a booking coming up for 2 rooms at a Hilton property. I took at look at the reservation in my app today and it no longer has the cancellation button but says “this reservation can no longer be cancelled” and then at the very bottom of the page it has my name and says “S Share” twice.
The booking is cancellable (it’s the standard HHonors discount one day cancellable rate) and I’ve seen the app make those non-cancellable online before (I assume it means the hotel has touched the reservation in some way), but I’ve never seen the “S Share” before. Any idea what that means?
Old Jun 12, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by whimsey21
I have a booking coming up for 2 rooms at a Hilton property. I took at look at the reservation in my app today and it no longer has the cancellation button but says “this reservation can no longer be cancelled” and then at the very bottom of the page it has my name and says “S Share” twice.
The booking is cancellable (it’s the standard HHonors discount one day cancellable rate) and I’ve seen the app make those non-cancellable online before (I assume it means the hotel has touched the reservation in some way), but I’ve never seen the “S Share” before. Any idea what that means?
It happened to me once for a flexible reservation and yes, it seems the hotel did something so that I was not able to cancel the reservation online or via app. However, I contacted the Hilton support via chat and they were able to cancel it immediately.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MP001
It happened to me once for a flexible reservation and yes, it seems the hotel did something so that I was not able to cancel the reservation online or via app. However, I contacted the Hilton support via chat and they were able to cancel it immediately.
thanks! I'm not worried about cancelling, as I've had that issue before with the app, more just curious about what the "S Share" notation might mean, since that is a new one for me.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 4:35 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I would guess it means a connecting room...but I am pulling that out of my....
arlflyer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999
I would guess it means a connecting room...but I am pulling that out of my....
That was going to be my guess as well, and I also planned to cite to the same source!
Old Jun 13, 2023, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
That was going to be my guess as well, and I also planned to cite to the same source!
I would have thought so also, but at least one of those properties told me that they do not have connecting rooms... maybe adjacent rooms?
arlflyer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by whimsey21
I would have thought so also, but at least one of those properties told me that they do not have connecting rooms... maybe adjacent rooms?
I suppose that would actually make sense; if there wasn't the formal connecting room logic in the system, but a guest booked two rooms, then an on-property staff member might need to manually tag the reservation and block the rooms.

(The above is plausible, but is also just me spinning up a story to support my pre-existing hypothesis)
Old Jun 14, 2023, 8:18 am

I noticed that Hilton does a good job at pointing out joining rooms. I really haven’t seen that with other brands. I don’t use them, but can see how a family would definitely benefit from this knowledge up front
Old Jun 14, 2023, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PJJtraveler
I noticed that Hilton does a good job at pointing out joining rooms. I really haven’t seen that with other brands. I don’t use them, but can see how a family would definitely benefit from this knowledge up front
I'm a huge fan of the guaranteed connecting room functionality that hilton introduced last year-- i travel with my kids very often, and used to always ask properties in advance for connecting rooms, and while they usually said that they'd try, 50% of the time I'd get to the property and find they had assigned rooms nowhere near each other. I have picked Hilton properties over other options multiple times this year to guarantee the connecting room, and am willing to pay extra for the guarantee (so win-win for hilton).
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.