Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol North {GBR}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol North {GBR}

Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol North {GBR}

I couldn't find a thread on this hotel (or a Bristol area thread), so come to the conclusion that Wizla hasn't visited it as of yet!

It is a the M5, Junction 15 (Just off the M4), in a business/industrial park area of North Bristol, and really only suited to those with their own transport - car parking is 5 a night enforced by ANPR, and added to your bill when you give reception your rego - a bit con really with the hotel being outside the city centre. For those who crave a bit of filthy takeaway food, there is a kebab van parked outside the entrance of the hotel. I didn't sample it, as I had eaten before I arrived, but it does get good reviews on the usual review websites by people with craving Elephant legs of questionable meat, swimming in chilli and garlic sauce, after a consuming a skinful of beers.
A few chain pubs are in walking distance, but otherwise there is not much close by.

I was upgraded to a Deluxe room, which was quiet considering a busy A road and the M5 close by. No drinks vouchers offered, and I didn't see any around the desk so they might not do them unlike other DoubleTree's in the area (from other review threads). Breakfast was reasonable, the usual hot breakfast, cereals, fruit and cold cuts on offer.
:D!, wizla and redeyedonkey like this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:17 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
I couldn't find a thread on this hotel (or a Bristol area thread), so come to the conclusion that Wizla hasn't visited it as of yet!

It is a the M5, Junction 15 (Just off the M4), in a business/industrial park area of North Bristol, and really only suited to those with their own transport - car parking is 5 a night enforced by ANPR, and added to your bill when you give reception your rego - a bit con really with the hotel being outside the city centre. For those who crave a bit of filthy takeaway food, there is a kebab van parked outside the entrance of the hotel. I didn't sample it, as I had eaten before I arrived, but it does get good reviews on the usual review websites by people with craving Elephant legs of questionable meat, swimming in chilli and garlic sauce, after a consuming a skinful of beers.
A few chain pubs are in walking distance, but otherwise there is not much close by.

I was upgraded to a Deluxe room, which was quiet considering a busy A road and the M5 close by. No drinks vouchers offered, and I didn't see any around the desk so they might not do them unlike other DoubleTree's in the area (from other review threads). Breakfast was reasonable, the usual hot breakfast, cereals, fruit and cold cuts on offer.
Haha, I like your style....... yep not been to this one yet, thanks for the review!
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Haven't stayed there since it changed from being a Hilton to Doubletree - used to be "OK" for ease off the M5 for odd night stays - or visiting the Rolls Royce factory.
They did used to have a restaurant there but assume this went when it changed to Doubletree.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: HH, IHG, AA,
I stayed here for 6 months in 2019, it’s a beautiful quiet hotel, the bar and restaurant is quality, they had a major staff changes and brought around 8 from the Holiday Inn at Filton Abbey, there is a pool and gym too, lots of football teams use the hotel when playing City or Rovers, Kebab van still there-not my cuppa tea,
room service do a great job, nice garden with decking outside but inside the hotel,
‘they have a large drinks selection, if working down there again I will go here,

Most of the restaurant and bar staff, ex Holiday Inn staff, love them all

Last edited by N181DN; Mar 16, 2020 at 10:35 am
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:25 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
The above generally positive posts are (more or less) pre-covid.... but recent reviews on TA and google are quite poor. Any FTers stayed recently?

I would be choosing this mainly for the location. Location of Cardiff works too, but it's getting slated in the FT thread. Parking is also easier / cheaper here than Cardiff and central Bristol. Cheltenham is a bit too far and doesn't seem that great either.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Just checked in here after a drive down the M5. Hotel was easy enough to find and plenty of spaces in the car park. Charge will be 6gb for gold and below. Not sure if there is a charge for diamond.

Bar looked pretty busy as I passed on way to my room on the first floor with my cookie in tow. There arnt any lifts.

I didn't check in online and was upgraded from a queen standard to a king deluxe room yesterday. I didnt get an email confirming it. There is a robe and coffee machine. I paid 88gbp about three months ago.
​​​​
Will go for a swim tomorrow

wizla likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 1:26 am

Skipped going for a swim but it looked a nice area and not one of those unswimmable type pools with diagnol sides.

Nice sleep and no disturbances from in or outside. In fact it was silent.

Breakfast was a meagre affair. Bar the wide selection of traditional cooked items, there was a choice of two breads and two pastries. Four fruits and about three cold meats and cheese. What I did have was nice but this was first place where I thought there could be more.

Restaurant was busy but not packed just before 8
MP001 and wizla like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:28 am

Does anyone know if Hilton is offering a status match these days????
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zoron
Does anyone know if Hilton is offering a status match these days????
Alrite me babber? Ark at ee posting about this in one of they 'ilton Brizzle 'otel threads. You got tha wrong thread my luvver.
:D!, wizla and Cymro like this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 2:54 am

Been here tor one night. Arrived quite late and was greeted by very friendly check in team. Cookies offered and four bottles of water for the two of us.

Skipped breakfast

New rooms being added to the hotel with work ongoing. Hopefully they will be nicer than dated king deluxe we were in. Rips in bed sheet and cracks on bathroom tiles. Same layout as pics posted above

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.