Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 26, 01, 12:51 pm   #1

Diamond Desk

Can anyone tell me what the phone number for the US Diamond desk is? I can't see it on the web site. I know that facility is not available within the UK but I'm willing to call the US. Hoping someone can help.
ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 01, 1:33 pm   #2

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
replied via email
jan_az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 01, 8:02 pm   #3

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by ryker:
Can anyone tell me what the phone number for the US Diamond desk is? I can't see it on the web site. I know that facility is not available within the UK but I'm willing to call the US. Hoping someone can help.</font>
1-877-444-9847 for all who might not have it.

romeojade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 01, 8:37 pm   #4

Romeo,

Is it a sound decision to post the diamond number in a public forum? I have posted to FT for a bit over two years (under BR and B Bird), and I have only rarely seen this done. As in maybe three or four times in two years.
Butcher Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 01, 4:32 am   #5

the first thing the diamond desk does is ask for your number, so if you are not diamond, they probably will not help you.
dubsbased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 01, 9:13 am   #6

Location: Atlanta, GA, USA -- Delta PM, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PrezCircle
Why didn't all diamond members receive this information from Hilton? It would figure that this could be an advertised benefits for Diamond members.

danlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 01, 9:34 am   #7

Maybe this is a new policy, but i just got my Diamond card a few days ago, and the number was right on the back.
I'mNeverHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 01, 4:52 pm   #8

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA Silver, Marriott PLT LT, SPG, HH Silver, Harrahs PLT, Starbucks Gold
Hmmm.... Received my diamond card a few months ago...and there is no 877 number (or any number for "Diamond Desk") on the back of the card.
aamilesslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 01, 10:12 pm   #9

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UA above Global and MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,DL Diamond
I also have no diamond number on my card. Found Hilton to do virtually NOTHING for me as a diamond.
Old Jul 2, 01, 4:12 pm   #10

Thanks to all. I called the number above and 'dubsbased' is correct. The first thing they do is ask for your Diamond Number before helping you. It was certainly worth the call from the UK. Within four minutes I had an award stay confirmed at The Langham in London in August. Also, the number does seem to be printed on new cards as mentioned by 'I'mNeverHome'.
ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 01, 6:55 am   #11

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
I just got my Diamond card (after joining HH back in March) and the Reservations number posted above is on card (but hard to read as it is indented with the punching used to raise the name and numbers on front).
SAPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 01, 9:23 am   #12
Original Member, TalkBoard Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, TSA Pre!
What is the etiqutte for calling the Diamond Desk? Only for problems? To book award stays? To book regular stays?
Old Aug 31, 01, 10:54 am   #13

Location: San Antonio, Tx USA PM-DL Diamond VIP-Hilton PC Hertz
I have, so far, used the Diamond number for problems and to book award stays I have not used them for booking regular stays so I canít tell you if they would or if they just transfer you to reservations. For award stays I have almost always gotten what I needed for the dates wanted.

Also if you call the Diamond Desk for a non-posted stay be sure to ask them for the special Diamond Fax number, this goes directly to them and they are FAST in posting stays not credited by motels.
dlword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 01, 1:50 am   #14

Location: Corvallis, Oregon, USA UA 1K; Hilton Diamond, Clear, moving to Enterprise from Hertz
Hilton HHonors Diamond Desk Questions: The Definitive Thread

Is there any real advantage to using the Diamond desk versus the 1-800-HHONORS number for making reservations? The few times I have thought of trying were at odd hours when it was closed and I am wondering if I am missing anything. (I make most reservations using the Web or calling a hotel directly anyway.)

------------------
Robby Robson, mailto:rrobson@eduworks.comrrobson@eduworks.com</A>
UA 1K
Hilton Diamond
Old Dec 23, 01, 7:49 am   #15

Programs: Lowest of the low in all airline programs. Except FlyBe I'm Premier!
Last week my wife and I snapped up two bargain tickets on Concorde allowing us to spend New Year in New York. I tried to make a reward redemption with Central Reservations but was told nothing was available, understandable given that it was New Year. I telephoned the Diamond desk in Dallas as the UK desk was closed and asked them to "see what they could do." The following morning the UK Diamond desk called to say that they had booked us a 3 night reward stay at the New York Hilton.

This was the first time I had used the Diamond Desk and I was very impressed with the service I received.