Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort {MEX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jumpdogjump
Standard room availability shows up when you try to book 6 nights.

Need to add following

Gold benefits- Cont'l Breakfast for Elite member and 1 other in same room, buy up to full breakfast for 220 pesos/pp

Diamond benefits- Cont'l Breakfast for Elite member and 1 other in same room, buy up to full breakfast for 220 pesos/pp.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
(bump)

Anyone stay here since it reopened on July 1st?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: AWA Platinum;hhonors Diamond
Los Cabos Hilton Now Open Again

Wife and I just stayed there about a week ago. We have been about 5 other times in the past. First off, I probably would not go again in August as it was too hot. Overall, the hotel is still nice and service is awesome, but I miss the feel of the "old" hotel.

For instance, the rooms don't have all the color that they used to have. My wife really liked the way the rooms were previously decorated. The rooms are brand new and the furniture is nice, but wife thinks they need to add more color. One of the hotel guests said they were still adding décor to the rooms, so fingers crossed.

El Meson totally changed its menu, which is the other "negative" to us. It's now a bit "fancier" with mostly seafood and little Mexican fare. We sat inside with a large family group our first night there and even though the A/C was on, it was HOT in the restaurant. We were really looking forward to some delicious Mexican cuisine and so we were a bit disappointed. Hoping they bring back the table side queso and some of the other entrees they used to have like enchiladas mole!

The Italian restaurant is still not open and the outdoor sushi bar is closed, although they had a "sushi night" at the bar lounge one night. Seems like the bar lounge is now the fun place to eat now instead of El Meson.

One big plus is that Madera (the pool restaurant) now serves dinner starting at 7 pm. Wife and I had a lovely romantic dinner there one the ocean with steak and lobster - very good.

Overall, still a great hotel. Just make sure you check out the restaurants ahead of time as the menus have changed and the times they are open/closed have changed too.

The spa is not open, but they have a makeshift spa using a bunch of rooms on the 4th floor. Still nice, and one of the best massages, but will definitely be better when the 7,000 square foot spa opens!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
Thumbs down More package holiday than for the discerning traveller

We checked in yesterday and I feel as though we are in more of a medical facility rather than a Mexican hotel. Whitewashed walls and empty suites, no rugs, bare white walls etc.
I agree with Beaum that the rooms are comfortable but severely lack any of the vibrant, colourful flavour that this country has to offer.
No recognition of HH Diamond status, no welcome drink upon arrival, no upgrade although we have already booked a suite and zero benefits at all it would seem.
Slightly chaotic staff in the restaurants, we had to ask for a menu and then again to order. Very inattentive which surprises me.
Feels like it's ready for run of the mill guests, lot's of groups of lads and hen parties staying right now, but not ready for anybody looking for something a little special.
I recommend heading to The One and Only until they pull their socks up here and get it together.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 1:36 pm

Seems like 70-80K points is the lowest at the hotel for any night !
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by pilot1976
We checked in yesterday and I feel as though we are in more of a medical facility rather than a Mexican hotel. Whitewashed walls and empty suites, no rugs, bare white walls etc.
I agree with Beaum that the rooms are comfortable but severely lack any of the vibrant, colourful flavour that this country has to offer.
No recognition of HH Diamond status, no welcome drink upon arrival, no upgrade although we have already booked a suite and zero benefits at all it would seem.
Slightly chaotic staff in the restaurants, we had to ask for a menu and then again to order. Very inattentive which surprises me.
Feels like it's ready for run of the mill guests, lot's of groups of lads and hen parties staying right now, but not ready for anybody looking for something a little special.
I recommend heading to The One and Only until they pull their socks up here and get it together.
Did you get free breakfast?

We used to get free breakfast being simply Gold, and loved the buffet and all its options. Hope this hasn't changed, as sounds like this hotel is losing some charm and increasing its prices.

Also, every time I search I see "deluxe" room using points, and have confirmed with reservations that there doesn't seem to be any "regular" rooms for weekend redemption certificates if you have the Citibank Hilton card.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Delta Plat, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Has anyone had any luck from a standard "regular" room or are these still being renovated? I'm looking months out and still can't find any non-premium rooms.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:50 am

Regular rooms are available for sale however you can't find them on points !!!
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by sunil
Regular rooms are available for sale however you can't find them on points !!!

What day do you see a regular room? I'm working with the Diamond Desk and the hotel to see why they're pushing only Premium rooms. I did a search for the year and don't even see Standard rooms for sale.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Lancer99
What day do you see a regular room? I'm working with the Diamond Desk and the hotel to see why they're pushing only Premium rooms. I did a search for the year and don't even see Standard rooms for sale.
Feb 10 -12 Deluxe Queen
Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:51 pm

So flip that to use Hilton points. As a diamond I get 100k points a night for 2/8-2/10 as it and every other room is classified as a "premium reward". It's the same all year and after countless calls no one at Hilton sees a problem here.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:46 am

Check for a 5 or 7 night stay, you will likely find base room availability.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:11 pm

check out the rates here http://www.hoteltravel.com/mexico/lo..._los_cabos.htm

Quite odd its significantly lower than any travel site
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Check for a 5 or 7 night stay, you will likely find base room availability.
Currently nothing available 5 night although there is 6-7 night availability Feb 2-10. That's it all year.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Just searched for a 5-night stay during *any* week from now until 12/2016, and there is no Standard awards available at all. Only premium. Some of the premiums in August were around 50k a night, but they were still considered premium awards.

Whats the deal?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Just searched for a 5-night stay during *any* week from now until 12/2016, and there is no Standard awards available at all. Only premium. Some of the premiums in August were around 50k a night, but they were still considered premium awards.

Whats the deal?
OK - when I increased it to a 6-night award stay, I was able to find some standard awards. The week of Mar 30-Apr 5 was 33k per night. Couple of weeks mid/late april/may too.

Guess thats the key. Has to be a 6-night stay to get a standard award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.