Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Posts older than 2017 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Hong Kong

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum co-moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 31, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by arlflyer
To what?
Harbourview suite. I stayed there a second time the following week and it was remarkably busier. The second week, I had booked 2 harbourview rooms and only 1 room was upgraded to a lower level "harbourview" suite (47th floor - you can't see anything - blocked by the adjacent building) and the other room was a normal harbourview room on the executive floor. I don't think they should be claiming the lower floors as harbourview. There really is nothing to see other than the building in front of it. During the second week, there was a line to get into the EL, and they were allowing people to take food back to their rooms as there was nowhere to sit.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Stayed here a few days ago for two nights as a Diamond. Was upgraded to the 60th floor with harbour view. Check-in and stay was excellent overall. I followed much of the recent advice in this thread, such as breakfast downstairs which really was amazing IMO. Spent quite a bit of time in the executive lounge and was quite pleased. Only minor complaint is that it seemed my partner and I were not taken care of to the same level as other guests in the EL. At some points during afternoons/evenings, it seemed like we were being ignored and everyone else around us was being attended to. Perhaps this was due to our age (early 30's), as many of the other guests were our senior. Despite this, I can't wait to return and try the other Conrad's in Asia. Does every Conrad give you a free teddy bear because I think we want to collect them all!?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by earlyriser
Stayed here a few days ago for two nights as a Diamond. Was upgraded to the 60th floor with harbour view. Check-in and stay was excellent overall. I followed much of the recent advice in this thread, such as breakfast downstairs which really was amazing IMO. Spent quite a bit of time in the executive lounge and was quite pleased. Only minor complaint is that it seemed my partner and I were not taken care of to the same level as other guests in the EL. At some points during afternoons/evenings, it seemed like we were being ignored and everyone else around us was being attended to. Perhaps this was due to our age (early 30's), as many of the other guests were our senior. Despite this, I can't wait to return and try the other Conrad's in Asia. Does every Conrad give you a free teddy bear because I think we want to collect them all!?
Oooh I get you buddy. My gf and I are in our late 20s and there had been a number of times when we were checking in and went over to HHonors queue and the FD agent will come over and say, "Hi the queue is over at the other side. This is for our exclusive Hilton Honors guests." And I would give the FD staff a smile and say I'm a HHonors member.

There would be a suspicious look as they check us in and tap away on the computer, followed by an embarrassed/apologetic or forced smile, "Welcome back Mr RCTP and thank you for being our loyal HHonors member. As our exclusive Diamond guest blah blah blah...."

Not just at this property, but elsewhere too. However I'm glad to say this only happens to around 2% of my stays. Majority of the time the treatment is fantastic.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by earlyriser
Does every Conrad give you a free teddy bear because I think we want to collect them all!?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-you-have.html
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Excellent, thank you
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by RCTP
Oooh I get you buddy. My gf and I are in our late 20s and there had been a number of times when we were checking in and went over to HHonors queue and the FD agent will come over and say, "Hi the queue is over at the other side. This is for our exclusive Hilton Honors guests." And I would give the FD staff a smile and say I'm a HHonors member.

There would be a suspicious look as they check us in and tap away on the computer, followed by an embarrassed/apologetic or forced smile, "Welcome back Mr RCTP and thank you for being our loyal HHonors member. As our exclusive Diamond guest blah blah blah...."

Not just at this property, but elsewhere too. However I'm glad to say this only happens to around 2% of my stays. Majority of the time the treatment is fantastic.
Happens to me all the time too. Especially since i'm in my early 20s and i dress like a punk (think head to toe Adidas or joggers with t-shirt). Front desk agents are humans after all, and humans are judgemental.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Part of an email I received Sunday:

"Please be advised that our Executive Lounge on Level 59 will be closed for a private event on Sunday, 29 January 2017 from 12:00 noon onwards. Normal services will resume on the following day.

During this time, we have arranged an exclusive area at our Lobby Lounge (located on Lobby Level) where you can continue to enjoy the many benefits of Executive Lounge."

The new year's fireworks over the harbor will be that evening, so there will be no watching them from the lounge for me.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
I would've thought they'd open a few suites up to have lounge people in. Haven't they done this previously for NYE?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sunday 29 Jan is actually NYD+1, when the fireworks show occurs.

The email also stated:

During this time, we have arranged an exclusive area at our Lobby Lounge (located on Lobby Level) where you can continue to enjoy the many benefits of Executive Lounge.

But I doubt if the fireworks will be as visible from there.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Sunday 29 Jan is actually NYD+1, when the fireworks show occurs.

The email also stated:

During this time, we have arranged an exclusive area at our Lobby Lounge (located on Lobby Level) where you can continue to enjoy the many benefits of Executive Lounge.

But I doubt if the fireworks will be as visible from there.
In the year I was there at Chinese New Year, a couple of rooms were opened on the same floor along from the Executive Lounge for those entitled to be in the lounge but unable to because of a "private function". We had a great view of the fireworks. The is still time for them to organize that if they were so inclined or encouraged.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turtlemichael
In the year I was there at Chinese New Year, a couple of rooms were opened on the same floor along from the Executive Lounge for those entitled to be in the lounge but unable to because of a "private function". We had a great view of the fireworks. The is still time for them to organize that if they were so inclined or encouraged.
Thanks!

And how was the view from that level? Do you think it would be worth going elsewhere? I think the view from the other side of the harbor might be better, but I'm not going over there just for that.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL, AA, CX, Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt
Has anyone had experience of upgrades on the recent 2 for 1 visa promotion at the Conrad HK?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Thanks!

And how was the view from that level? Do you think it would be worth going elsewhere? I think the view from the other side of the harbor might be better, but I'm not going over there just for that.
The view was excellent but through the mist (aka smog).
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Part of an email I received Sunday:

"Please be advised that our Executive Lounge on Level 59 will be closed for a private event on Sunday, 29 January 2017 from 12:00 noon onwards. Normal services will resume on the following day.

During this time, we have arranged an exclusive area at our Lobby Lounge (located on Lobby Level) where you can continue to enjoy the many benefits of Executive Lounge."

The new year's fireworks over the harbor will be that evening, so there will be no watching them from the lounge for me.
Thanks for the heads up, although we're planning on grabbing a bottle of bubbly and going to park next to the convention center for the fireworks. It will be interesting to see how the lobby lounge setup will work out otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.