Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by evergrn
I'm trying to remember... isn't there some sort of light switch/control next to the bed?

Anyways, just call the operator.
Hi,

Yes the switches are on the stand next to the desk ( my bed had them to the left) of the bed.

It did take me a little while to find them on my first night as it is not 100% clear at first.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Uber works very well. But for the Conrad there is a bug, that even if you exactly place your dot, put in the exact address, write the name of the hotel, they always go to the JW Marriott. Got to the point where I would call, then wander down the hill and wait.
Glad it's not just me then! Uber I generally find to be quite good in Hong Kong other than this.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:25 pm
KRS

Does anyone have any experience with shipping items to this hotel prior to arrival?
Is there a charge to receive parcels for instance if we do some online shopping?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RC Platinum, SPG Platinum, SA Silver, OW Ruby, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Since not everyone participates in the Hilton meeting thread, I just wanted to let folks know that my wife and I will be at the Conrad Hong Kong Jan 28th thru the 30th for CNY and would be happy to meet up during HH in the EL (or the temp setup downstairs on the 29th) for a drink and chat.
I'm actually staying there for the night of the 29th and will be there for most of the day on the 30th before I have to head back to work next day for the 9:30pm ferry. I've sent you a PM, would love to meet a fellow American during this stay!
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RC Platinum, SPG Platinum, SA Silver, OW Ruby, TSA Pre-Check
Okay, reporting live from Conrad HKG on Jan 29th here.

So, I decided to stay at Conrad HKG after all in spite of the EL being moved to Lobby Lounge. To their credit, they really did try to accommodate and offered a lot more service and products for their diamond members due to this move to the lobby. In some ways, I feel bad for the staffs because they did seem pretty overwhelmed with the sheer volume of traffic for Chinese New Year. With that being said, their food and drinks offerings were definitely wider in range than usual, with the offering of a full scale buffet and afternoon tea option (in addition to alcoholic drinks not on the regular menu - i.e. Martini, rose, etc, you just need to ask).

Now, while you don't get the view from 59th floor due to the Executive Lounge being temporarily moved downstairs, you may feel slightly better about the fact that weather condition tonight prevents you from seeing much of the fireworks anyway. I know that for a fact because I was given an extremely high floor harbor view and with the haze and fog, much of the spectacular fireworks were hidden from view anyway. Thank goodness they comp me a free bottle of Shiraz and Champagne.

Last edited by Immortalist; Jan 29, 2017 at 8:24 pm
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
deleted.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Does anyone know if the lounge has been reopened up top? Can't seem to find any info on the relocation on the hotel website (although it happily tells me the pool is closed this week...)
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Does anyone know if the lounge has been reopened up top? Can't seem to find any info on the relocation on the hotel website (although it happily tells me the pool is closed this week...)
I'm sure it's reopened, was only blocked for CNY.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I'm sure it's reopened, was only blocked for CNY.
Got you - sorry, I thought it was closed for refurb.

Thanks

Tony
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Has anyone stayed here as a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids)? The website doesn't allow to book rooms for this combination, but I understand that the policy might be different at check-in. Please let me know. Thank you!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Anyone else notice this, seems like an error on the Conrad website for end of April. Looks like rooms are priced at $2,400 HKD excluding the Chairman and Presidential Suites.
Will the Hotel still Honor this price?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:42 pm

Stayed with 2 adults and 3 young kids during the past 2 years. notified them at check-in. no problems

Originally Posted by illesus
Has anyone stayed here as a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids)? The website doesn't allow to book rooms for this combination, but I understand that the policy might be different at check-in. Please let me know. Thank you!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by diablo77
Anyone else notice this, seems like an error on the Conrad website for end of April. Looks like rooms are priced at $2,400 HKD excluding the Chairman and Presidential Suites.
Will the Hotel still Honor this price?
I don't think this is an error. It's an Advanced Purchase rate and I have seen lower. In fact, I'm checking November rates right now and the AP rate is $2250.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by wilp888
I don't think this is an error. It's an Advanced Purchase rate and I have seen lower. In fact, I'm checking November rates right now and the AP rate is $2250.
Sorry I worded it incorrectly, all rooms and suites are the same price excluding Chairman and Presidential.

Check the last week of April
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:59 pm

Yes, King Executive Harbour Suites for 2100 HKD on the 29th of April. Pretty sure that is a mistake, but I would guess that they would honour it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.