Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
What about shuttle bus to Central? The one that makes rounds between hotels in the area.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Alawyer
Uber barely works in HK
on the contrary, Uber works extremely well in Hong Kong. From Wan Chai, I went to the Peak and back, Lei Yue Mun and the New Territories. Very convenient, cheap and reliable.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Alawyer
Uber barely works in HK
Not true. The last time in HK, Uber was much more accessible as compared to Taxi. I was in the Central and Mongkok area.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Uber works very well. But for the Conrad there is a bug, that even if you exactly place your dot, put in the exact address, write the name of the hotel, they always go to the JW Marriott. Got to the point where I would call, then wander down the hill and wait.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:59 pm
She

Do you have to specifically request a teddy bear? We just checked in and there wasn't one on our room, just a plain rubber ducky

Also, I feel quite silly for asking this but how do you turn just the overhead lights off above the bed? Have only been able to turn them off with the master switch but that puts all the lights in the room out
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by She
Do you have to specifically request a teddy bear? We just checked in and there wasn't one on our room, just a plain rubber ducky
Just ask the housekeeper when you see one on the hallway. He/she will bring you one or two right away.

The bear/duck thing seems to be very erratic there. 2 months ago, when we checked in, they weren't there and we had to ask for the bears and the duck. Then on one of the days we were there, the housekeeper had left 2 more bears on the bed, making it total of 4.

In the past, we'd check in and the bears would already be on the bed.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by She
Also, I feel quite silly for asking this but how do you turn just the overhead lights off above the bed? Have only been able to turn them off with the master switch but that puts all the lights in the room out
I'm trying to remember... isn't there some sort of light switch/control next to the bed?

Anyways, just call the operator.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:45 am
She

Originally Posted by evergrn
I'm trying to remember... isn't there some sort of light switch/control next to the bed?

Anyways, just call the operator.
thank you!! Found the dimmer switch
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by She

For my stay, they were provided at turndown on the first night. But if they didn't provide it, then just ask. Not silly at all! And yes, dimmer is on the side of the nightstand.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Uber works very well. But for the Conrad there is a bug, that even if you exactly place your dot, put in the exact address, write the name of the hotel, they always go to the JW Marriott. Got to the point where I would call, then wander down the hill and wait.
I haven't had that problem if I type in the name of the hotel. The dot doesn't work though.

For the time that the OP waited for a ride just to AE, they could have just booked a car service directly to the airport. Klook is pretty reasonable - on par with the cost of an Uber and you reserve in advance so you can book with more of a time cushion built in.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: HH Gold
Was planning on staying a couple of nights here in April but the cheapest room is roughly £330 GBP even for an advance booking. Apart from HGI not many Hilton options in HK which is surprising.
​​​
​​Do prices ever go down to around $2,000 HKD?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
For the time that the OP waited for a ride just to AE, they could have just booked a car service directly to the airport. Klook is pretty reasonable - on par with the cost of an Uber and you reserve in advance so you can book with more of a time cushion built in.
I'd second this comment. Booked a round trip car service with Klook on my recent visit to HK. Klook was about the same or slightly higher than the estimated Uber costs at time of pick-up. Drivers were there at the designated areas and didn't have to deal with waiting or figuring out where to meet. Currently Klook was using Teslas for the 2-3 pax trips, which was what I had.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by diablo77
​​​​​Do prices ever go down to around $2,000 HKD?
Only rarely and at the slowest time of year do prices go below $2500, though it does happen. Normal prices are around $3000 and higher. $2000 is a completely different hotel class in HKG.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:09 pm
She

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
For my stay, they were provided at turndown on the first night. But if they didn't provide it, then just ask. Not silly at all! And yes, dimmer is on the side of the nightstand.
you are right, the bears arrived at turndown service. The 4 year old is very happy with his little bear family
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
At Conrad Hong Kong Jan 28-30 for CNY - HH?

Since not everyone participates in the Hilton meeting thread, I just wanted to let folks know that my wife and I will be at the Conrad Hong Kong Jan 28th thru the 30th for CNY and would be happy to meet up during HH in the EL (or the temp setup downstairs on the 29th) for a drink and chat.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Jan 21, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.