Hilton Montreal/Laval {CAN}

Old Aug 13, 2001, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Montreal/Laval {CAN}

We just returned from a 2-night, 2-room PointStretcher award stay at the Hilton in Laval, just north of Montreal. Spouse and I were upgraded to a very large corner room. Our two teens got a standard room. When checking in, I asked if breakfast was by coupon and the desk clerk indicated that it was, but that I would only get one each day for myself because I was Gold. When I showed my wife's Gold card, she gave me two more breakfast coupons but, when I asked if our two children could get coupons, the answer was "No." Looking at the Gold benefit list, I noticed that they do not provide breakfast for everyone in your party in non-US hotels. At least that was the case here. The teens were pretty hungry by lunchtime. :-)
Old Aug 13, 2001, 6:47 pm

I too stayed at the Laval Hilton in May 2001 and was upgraded to a large corner room on the top floor. At that time we were using my wife's Gold status and I had not yet signed up for HHonors or the EWRDC promo. The front desk also gave us only one breakfast coupon. We confirmed that we could apply the coupon $ towards breakfast room service. One breakfast was enough for a light breakfast for the 2 of us, and we had an early lunch while sightseeing.
Old Aug 14, 2001, 6:22 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
How was the property?

Did you use this as a base for exploring Montreal?

Public Transportation or car?

Old Aug 14, 2001, 6:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
check out new wording and discussion on this at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002417.html

My take is you should have gotten coupons for all room guests.
Old Aug 15, 2001, 6:10 am
Original Poster

We drove from BOS to Montreal (5.5 hrs.) and stayed in Laval to take advantage of HH awards for the two rooms. While about 20 minutes north of the city, the road construction and resulting traffic congestion between the cities can really slow you down (better on weekends). The hotel seems fairly new, is very clean, and the staff courteous. Breakfast in their restaurant is either Continental ($9.95 CAN - if you are paying) and includes breads, pastries, cold cereals, juices, yogurt, and fresh fruit, or $12.95 CAN for the full breakfast which includes the above and hot items (eggs, bacon, etc.).
Old Aug 15, 2001, 7:40 am

I received the breakfast coupons upon check-in (1 Gold member, 2 coupons). Anyways, I would've made sure I got the coupons !!!

However, Montreal is one of the few cities where one can have a great inexpensive breakfast outside of the hotel equivalent to the amount of the tip that you would give for your free breakfast inside the hotel. This is one of the few cities where free breakfast coupons (unless they're for a hot and cold buffet) mean little to me. Now if I was in Miami, L.A. or Boston that's a different story.

------------------
Got points ? Got smiles !
ptownca likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2001, 8:15 am

James,

Now if I were your two teens, in a seperate room paid for by you, I would have ordered room service, and charged it to the room. Be thankful they just waited until lunch
Old Aug 17, 2001, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Zete,

The car was free, the rooms were free. All we paid for was food and gas, and all of that was discounted due to the great exchange rate. The boys did have room service and ate well (and so did Mom & Dad).
Old Aug 30, 2005, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors
Hilton Montreal/Laval Upgrades?

Hi all! I have been reading Flyer Talk for weeks now, but this is my first post! Special hello to KathyWdrf and robmach, whose posts I almost always agree with!

I have already done a search on the Hilton Montreal/Laval, but the last post is quite old. I have stayed at this location before with a Romance Package when I was a new Silver VIP HHonors member. I was given the Executive Level Corner room, which I assume is one of the best rooms available.

I will be returning in three weeks, and have booked a basic king bed with continental breakfast rate, as a Gold VIP. Based off of the old comments I have seen here at Flyer Talk, it seems as though upgrades are relatively easy to come by at this location.

Does anyone have any specific situations or suggestions about this hotel and/or uprgades they received during their stay?

Thanks in advance, and it's great to be here!
Old Oct 2, 2009, 8:04 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Quadruple Miles at Hilton Laval; Expired?

I'm booking a room at the Hilton Laval (Montreal, QC) for an upcoming stay. One of the rates is "Delta Quadruple Mile" but when you click to find out more, it states "ACTIVE DATES DEC 1 2007-FEB 29 2008 BLACK OUT DATES APPLY- SUBJ TO AVAILABILITY." If I book it, do you think it'll actually apply the 4x miles?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
No updates for a while so I thought I would add. UG'd (as Diamond) to a non-exec floor corner suite (hotel had some weekend conference so maybe this was all that was left). Extra toiletries and water were brought in later. The lounge was also closed that weekend (all the staff doing some banquet downstairs?)

Coupons for a continental breakfast buffet were given. It was more than adequate with lots of meat and cheese unless you really wanted to have hot food. Loved the croissants. The real buttery flaky ones (both ordinary and chocolate) and not the bready ones found everywhere including France these days. Hard to believe this property has better croissants than so-called artisanal patisseries in France offer.

Parking's still free but the place is stuck out in the middle of nowhere too.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I see it's not very popular hotel. Just an update in case anyone wants to stay there.

Hotel is by the biggest shopping centre near Montreal - Carrefour Laval and 13km from Premium Outlets in Mirabel. It's directly by the motorway and the main view is either car park or the road. It's around 20-30 minutes from airport and Montreal City Centre by car. There's bus from shopping centre to Montmercy Metro station.

I booked cheapest room and got upgraded to Executive Level on 10th floor, which is private floor as receptionist called it. Lounge must be conversion from old corner room because it's smallest I ever seen. There are soft drinks in fridges and happy hour between 17.00-19.00. I was there around 20.00 and they still had some hot food. Lounge in unmanned except for happy hour. So you can drop in and take a drink from fridge.

Rooms and bathrooms are quite big and well equipped.

Hotel is being refurbished right now, there's some work going on the ground floor. New lounge will be there too. They also put studios with kitchenettes.

Service was very good so I image that after refurbishment it will be very good hotel at competitive price, assuming you have a need to stay in the area. There's Holiday Inn and Sheraton there as well, so I guess there is demand for hotel rooms in the area.

Some pictures:

Not refurbished Exec Room.

Amenity set in bathroom.

Current lounge at 10th floor.

View from lounge.

I hope that helps.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
renovated corner rooms / suites quite nice

To add to the previous post, the renovated corner rooms, which have been turn into "long-term stay" suites equipped with dining table and kitchenette are quite nice. No pictures to post but if you can score an upgrade to one of these rooms, it tends to represent very good value
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:53 pm

Hotel is currently renovating its Exec Lounge so I am not able to review it. At check-in, I asked about possible Diamond upgrades. I was told by the Director of Operations that Diamonds get upgrades to the HHonors floors (9 and 10) and have access to the Exec Lounge. "What about suites?" I pushed. An emphatic NO.

The Director of Operations says he follows Hilton policy of no suite upgrades. He even offered to call HHonors on my behalf since I don't seem to understand the policy. (BTW, there are plenty of suites available.)

Since the Exec Lounge is not operational, Diamonds get a coupon for a complimentary appetizer in the restaurant, but can only choose from one of the top five items (i.e. between $5 and $7) on the menu. The other items costing $8 to $10 are off limits. Breakfast is also currently in the restaurant.

The Director of Operations offered to show me that non-operational Exec Lounge, which he said would be a great perk, but I declined.

Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
To add to the previous post, the renovated corner rooms, which have been turn into "long-term stay" suites equipped with dining table and kitchenette are quite nice. No pictures to post but if you can score an upgrade to one of these rooms, it tends to represent very good value
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:00 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Seemed like they change their hotel policy

I stayed there again maybe 6 months ago (as most of the renos were done) and did notice a change of tone from staff around room or suite upgrades. You might be able to persuade one of the long-time front desk employee, but had a very hard time attempting to score any upgrades during my last stay (and this was a fairly new agent who applied the company line).

I can't say that I am shocked as they are probably looking for some returns on their relatively massive investment to renovate the place

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.