Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

UK Hilton Honors Platinum Visa change to joining offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Hilton Honors Platinum Visa change to joining offer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 2:54 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by littlevoices
Sounds like there is a problem, the certificate is emailed, you might want to check your spam folder. I got mine about a week after my first statement.
It could also be that you're in the same boat as me, ba_cityflyer, and they'd applied the wrong promo to your account when they set it up (see my earlier post).
Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by rupert_s
In regards to booking rooms - has anyone experienced availability issues?

A friend tried to book a night - where standard reward room availability was showing online - but was told nothing was available. So it sounds like they come from a different "bucket". Is there any way to search online for availability?
The certificate is only valid for weekend nights if that was the problem? I'm using mine at a Waldorf so don't think there is likely to be any significant issue with use?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by littlevoices
The certificate is only valid for weekend nights if that was the problem? I'm using mine at a Waldorf so don't think there is likely to be any significant issue with use?
No, it was a Saturday night in Montreal.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I've had no points and no certificate yet, first statement was issued December 9th. Fun and games for post Christmas for me, I think.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:17 pm

bonus points

anyone had their 2,500 bonus points for the first 4 stays credit??
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Not v impressed with online servicing and not had 10 k stay bonus points

The system automatically joined me up to online statements only.
Have now had 8 hilton stays paid for with the card several months ago and unable to see how many points have been earned on the online statements and pdf s not available.No 10 k bonus visible on checking my honors account. I emailed the credit card people last month to ask how is it possible to see points earning online. Their reply was to ask me to ring them! What is the point of online account management if you cannot manage your account online? And you have to use a crappy 0844 number too
Worse than that though is the fact that they emailed me 2 November statements but I have not had one for this month.
Just checked online and now have been charged interest as they had not told me statement was available for this month.
Check your accounts v carefully.
Have emailed them and will let you know their response
Old Dec 26, 2011, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by WelshGirl
The system automatically joined me up to online statements only.
Have now had 8 hilton stays paid for with the card several months ago and unable to see how many points have been earned on the online statements and pdf s not available.No 10 k bonus visible on checking my honors account. I emailed the credit card people last month to ask how is it possible to see points earning online. Their reply was to ask me to ring them! What is the point of online account management if you cannot manage your account online? And you have to use a crappy 0844 number too
Worse than that though is the fact that they emailed me 2 November statements but I have not had one for this month.
Just checked online and now have been charged interest as they had not told me statement was available for this month.
Check your accounts v carefully.
Have emailed them and will let you know their response
See my earlier posts in this thread - this is precisely the experience I had (well actually marginally better in that I NEVER managed to get the online statements to work!). Would suggest emailing the Barclaycard Web Relations team (email in earlier posts) and ask them to escalate to HHonor VISA complaints.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
See my earlier posts in this thread - this is precisely the experience I had (well actually marginally better in that I NEVER managed to get the online statements to work!). Would suggest emailing the Barclaycard Web Relations team (email in earlier posts) and ask them to escalate to HHonor VISA complaints.
Will do. Thanks for the advice. I need statements for the inland revenue and so have to get it sorted
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: IHG Spire HHonors Diamond CC Gold
Does anyone have any experience about acquiring Gold status with this card ?

I fulfilled the spend requirement back in early November, phoned HHonors Visa CS to ask when I would be upgraded to Gold and was initially told to contact Hilton Honors CS. I did this by phone to be told that they could only change my status once they had received confirmation of my spend details from the card company.
Contacted HHonors Visa Card CS again and this time was told that they sent spend details in batches to Hilton Honors and it could take several weeks for status to change.

Does anyone else here know if this is correct as I don't have much confidence in the people I've contacted so far ? Should I be corresponding with anyone different or just sit tight and hope that it all gets sorted ?

I have some potential stays early next year and Gold status would be better.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: Amex Plat UK, BA, Diamond HHonors
Hey FTers!

I have the same issue here - (not received any 10k bonus points for stays).

I got a call today from a very helpful chap from Barclaycard who was clearly taking my concern seriously.

He is looking for other customers who have stayed (within the first year) and havent got any bonus points. He is trying to work out where the issue is.

His name is John McCallay and if you call 0844 251 1000 and ask for x 874260 you will get through to him.

He doesnt yet have an answer to my query but he did promise a call back next week.

Might be worth a shot?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:16 am

barclays

Originally Posted by travelfreakuk
Hey FTers!

I have the same issue here - (not received any 10k bonus points for stays).

I got a call today from a very helpful chap from Barclaycard who was clearly taking my concern seriously.

He is looking for other customers who have stayed (within the first year) and havent got any bonus points. He is trying to work out where the issue is.

His name is John McCallay and if you call 0844 251 1000 and ask for x 874260 you will get through to him.

He doesnt yet have an answer to my query but he did promise a call back next week.

Might be worth a shot?
absolutely useless, rude, scottish call centre, they should fire all the staff there. they are useless. if it was over in india i guarantee it would still be much better. i too get ridiculous emails to call them, when you call them they are useless as well. they don't reply to written complaints. I am now writing to the banking industry ombudsman. if anyone wants a copy of the brochure with the offer, printed on barclays stock with a reference number let me know, i'm adding it as evidence to my complaint. false and misleading if you ask me! make sure you write down the name and time you spoke to each of their useless representatives.

hilton hhonors should be concerned and should move their r/ship away from barclays, it's ruining their reputation.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:17 am

Yep he's the chap I've been dealing with - very helpful.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:37 am

Has anyone managed to obtain their 10k bonus points yet?

I've not had mine yet but I don't want to bother John McCallay until I know he can help!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:39 am

Nothing here yet, I'm waiting until a couple of weeks after my most recent statement (which should arrive any day) then will give him a call.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Please let me know when your December statement points post - I haven't had anything yet (Dec was first one, statement issued Dec 9) and I want to be sure they are going to the right account!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.