Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HGVC "Spend a night on us" $200 mail in rebates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:24 am
Original Poster

I've just received a notification saying my claim is invalid because "The Hilton Grand Vacations signature is missing on the Spend A Night On Us certificate."

Just wondering if anyone else had the same experience and can give me direction on what I should do to fix this? Or is this part of their MO and it was my fault to not go over the certificate before leaving the presentation?

Thanks
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chaaau
I've just received a notification saying my claim is invalid because "The Hilton Grand Vacations signature is missing on the Spend A Night On Us certificate."

Just wondering if anyone else had the same experience and can give me direction on what I should do to fix this? Or is this part of their MO and it was my fault to not go over the certificate before leaving the presentation?

Thanks
I have one of these certificates that I haven't used yet. The associate signature is a scribbled "FH" in capital block print. I know what I would do if in your position, but YMMV.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
I had no issues with redeeming mine. Try contacting the HGVC that you did the presentation with and tell them your issue. Hopefully they can send you a new certificate.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

It's been a long while and still havn't received any "letter" that the web site claims I will receive. Tried calling the property but no luck reaching the "Marketing" office at HGVC Parc Soleil. Would be nice if anyone got an email address for them.

Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Google says

Parc Soleil - Hilton Grand Vacations Club. 11272 Desforges Ave. Orlando, FL 32836. Attn: Ms Alexandra Daley-Dilibero, Resort Director

and LinkedIn can help too - start with this page
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Special note on these. When I checked in for the presentation they said I had to pick my Hilton brand for the certificate and they gave one specific to my choice. You can't use it on any brand, you have to pick ahead of time :S

I chose the Hilton brand, since I figured I would get the best value at the $200/nt level. I was able to book the NYC Millenium Hilton for a night at $231, so it worked out well for me.... now I will try and redeem
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Special note on these. When I checked in for the presentation they said I had to pick my Hilton brand for the certificate and they gave one specific to my choice. You can't use it on any brand, you have to pick ahead of time :S
Wow - that wasn't my experience a year or so ago. The voucher was for any Hilton brand.

I also had no trouble redeeming it. gemac's solution would be easier if OP still had the physical form.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum,
I had the same issue. We stayed at an Embassy Suites and they rejected my certificate because it was supposed to be for a Hilton or HVC location. Well, that's not what the certificate implied, because all Hilton family logos were on there. I called to make that point and they subsequently reprocessed my claim and I just go the check this week.

So, look at your certificate and see if all brands are listed there. Good luck!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Nope. Only Hilton logo and the T&Cs only say Hilton.... At check-in they wrote my brand selection and at checkout they confirmed again that was the brand I wanted. Just another way to try and limit its use I guess :S
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chaaau
It's been a long while and still havn't received any "letter" that the web site claims I will receive. Tried calling the property but no luck reaching the "Marketing" office at HGVC Parc Soleil. Would be nice if anyone got an email address for them.

Thanks!
I submitted my claim August 17 (certified mail, return receipt). The return receipt was stamped "Representative for Helgeson Enterprises". On Sept. 1, I received an e-mail from " HiltonGrandVacationsCustomerService" giving me a "claim number" and directing me to a website (www.rebate-zone.com/hilton) where I could track my claim. Claim status has been " Received, Submission is being processed" from that date to today.

That website says "For further assistance please call (866) 686-0601".

There was a space on the form for us to write our email addresses. If it wasn't filled out on your form, you would not have gotten an e-mail, but they would still process your claim. You do not need your claim number to track your claim at the above site, only your name and address. Try plugging those in and seeing if your claim pops up.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gemac
I submitted my claim August 17 (certified mail, return receipt). The return receipt was stamped "Representative for Helgeson Enterprises". On Sept. 1, I received an e-mail from " HiltonGrandVacationsCustomerService" giving me a "claim number" and directing me to a website (www.rebate-zone.com/hilton) where I could track my claim. Claim status has been " Received, Submission is being processed" from that date to today.call (866) 686-0601".
Follow-up: I received my $200 check Monday (October 3) - so about a month and a half from my mailing it in.
alecheverry likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA, WN, HH
Hi folks,

I recently got an HGVC "Spend a Night On Us" voucher good for Hilton properties. This may sound like a dumb question, but do they only accept receipts/folios with one-night stays or do they accept multiple-night stays, for which they will only refund a night's worth?

I tried searching the forums and perusing the T&C multiple times but couldn't seem to find an answer to this question.

TIA!

n3st0r
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:33 pm

Book Through Hilton.com, or anywhere?

Do you have to book the $200 redeemable night on hilton.com, or does any site work for it? I'm thinking any site and then you just send in the paperwork later, is that right?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:37 pm

I signed up for the Las Vegas deal described here:

http://www.hgvc.com/email/hhonors/12/04tm/dop.html?k=HHAPR12&v&wt.mc_id=CMEM_BPfFm$B8hOyI$C

The representative I spoke to said I could book the two night deal, then use the "Spend A Night On Us" cert for a third night in Vegas. I asked if the Hilton Flamingo was covered and he said yes.

The terms on the email state that any "Hilton Worldwide hotel" is covered. I called back to double-check that "Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Flamingo" was covered (the EXACT name).

They said that "resorts aren't included." What does that mean?!

I Googled the list of Hilton Worldwide hotels and this came up:

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...ctory/index.do

From there, I can directly navigate to a list including Hilton Grand Vacation Suites at Flamingo, just by clicking through country and state until I get to Las Vegas.

Has anyone had any luck redeeming a SANU at a Grand Vacation Suites location? Feeling really cheated. I asked a ton of questions but now I feel like it's at the point where I have to specify the definition of "is." Really leaving a bad taste in my mouth with Hilton.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 7:17 am

2X POINTS PACKAGE Allowed?

Does anyone know - is there a ROOM TYPE requirement? Can I book the "2X POINTS PACKAGE" when selecting the price per night on Hilton.com? I don't see it anywhere on the certificate saying that it has to be a certain rate type...

Options on Hilton.com when reserving this room are:

Easy Cancellation $179
Advance Purchase $152
2x Points Package $193
Standard Room Award 30,000 HHonors Points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.