Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HGVC "Spend a night on us" $200 mail in rebates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HGVC "Spend a night on us" $200 mail in rebates

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:25 am

Okay, after spending way too much time on this (because I got angrier than I should have) here is the deal.
The "Certificate Program" is run by contractors (at least for now, I gave some pretty damning information to the leadership at Hilton). Anyway they are not Hilton employees and as you all found out they don't really care what anyone thinks of Hilton. Don't waste your time with them.
The solution, call the real Hilton folks at 1-800-482-0047. They are much nicer. Also they sent me a new rebate form so I could try again. I probably could have pushed for more for all the aggravation but I'm typically happy when a company tries to make it right, especially since I technically didn't follow all the rules. The rebates are brand specific (Hilton/Doubletree/Embassy/Whatever) and you have to stay within 6 months of your preview AND mail it out within 30 days of the hotel stay. Anyway watch the fine print on those offers folks.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
I'm headed to one of those stays in Feb. and I'm supposed to get one of those certificates as well. I've heard some folks have asked for points instead of the certificate which might be worth it in my case since I tend to use a decent amount of reward stays and then I don't have to have the hassle of redemption.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by HansGruber
I'm headed to one of those stays in Feb. and I'm supposed to get one of those certificates as well. I've heard some folks have asked for points instead of the certificate which might be worth it in my case since I tend to use a decent amount of reward stays and then I don't have to have the hassle of redemption.
The wife and I went out to the presentation/timeshare shin dig in November at the HGV in Vegas. The wife wasn't really enthused about a 2hour sales pitch but she downed a bottle of champagne at the MGM brunch buffet beforehand. It made it a little more bearable.

Anyway, they gave us a 15,000 points voucher and $200 certificate. Was originally signed up for the Orlando presentation but called and they switched it to Vegas! $$$$
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:35 pm

Its been 8 weeks, still no checks.

I got Hilton Grand Vacations Email Notification on July 29 to acknowledge the receipt of the rebate form. The email provided a link to check status.

Promotion: Hxxxxx-xxxxxx $200 Orlando Hampton Inn Spend A Night On Us
Claim ID: 8xxxxxx8
Customer Name: XXXXXX XXXXX
Address: 999 XXX XXXXX
Claim Status: Received, Submission is being processed
Submission Origin: Standard Submission
For further assistance please call (866) 686-0601

I called today to follow-up and the lady said its been delayed, and it will take couple more weeks. When I asked for estimated date, she said she did not know.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:45 pm

Finally got my check today!

After 3 months of processing, I finally got my check today!
alecheverry likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:02 pm

Wrong date scam

I attended one of these sales pitches in late last year (2017). I was given a certificate for $200 but when I got home I realised the person had put a date of 2012.

Hard to imagine he missed the date. Shame on Hilton - I won't be going back and am tearing up my Honors card. No wonder airbnb is outperforming them.
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:41 pm

Scam Artists

Received my rebate today after submitting a month and a half ago for only $100, was supposed to get $200. I called them up and they were able to correct their "mistake" and will send out the other $100 in a few weeks.

The folio I sent met the terms to a tee and was a one night stay over $300 before tax. It should have been fairly obvious it qualified for the full $200 rebate.

I have to wonder how many rebates they don't send the full amount for in hopes not everyone will follow up.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:14 am

Adding a DP:
Stayed 6/8/19
Mailed SANU certificate on 6/10/19
Status marked as "Received" and valid on 6/20/19. Quoted "8-10 weeks" for rebate to be mailed.
Rebate Visa card received on 8/2/19
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:55 am

Has anybody failed to mail in the certificate before the 30 day deadline after your stay? Anything I can do? Or talk to?
Old Apr 4, 2020, 7:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
I have a $200 Hilton 'Stay a Night on Us' certificate from attending a HGVC presentation a few months back. It's scheduled to expire in a bit over a month. Due to COVID-19 lockdown, I won't be able to use the certificate in that time frame. Any idea who I should try contacting to ask about issuing a new certificate? I'm unsure if it should be HGVC corporate, the hotel that I did the HGVC presentation, the rebate processing company, or ???
Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 5:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by braffy
I have a $200 Hilton 'Stay a Night on Us' certificate from attending a HGVC presentation a few months back. It's scheduled to expire in a bit over a month. Due to COVID-19 lockdown, I won't be able to use the certificate in that time frame. Any idea who I should try contacting to ask about issuing a new certificate? I'm unsure if it should be HGVC corporate, the hotel that I did the HGVC presentation, the rebate processing company, or ???
Thanks for any advice you can provide.
I'm pretty sure it would need to be HGV, not Hilton and definitely not the hotel. Do you have an 800 number from the welcome materials they sent you? The one on mine from last summer was 888-585-2227.

Good luck!
braffy likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Just an update -- I contacted HGVC and they said that unfortunately it was not possible to re-issue or adjust the certificate. But they did offer to deposit 15k Hhonors points into my account to help ease the pain. Certainly not worth $200 but better than nothing, I guess!
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Has anyone had success with seeking an extension? My certificate is going to expire 5/13/2020 and due to Corona have not been traveling or plan to travel. Does anyone know who to reach out to?
Old Apr 26, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by braffy
Just an update -- I contacted HGVC and they said that unfortunately it was not possible to re-issue or adjust the certificate. But they did offer to deposit 15k Hhonors points into my account to help ease the pain. Certainly not worth $200 but better than nothing, I guess!
Braffy - I was able to connect with HGVC through https://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/contact-us and a manager emailed me back offering 20K points or extending the certificate to 11/2020. Reply time was about 2 days. Hope this helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.