Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2002, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
I stayed there March 1-2 for the $179 rate. It was about as much as I'd be willing to pay given the multitude of options in the general area. I think that rate was a weekend rate too. I paid $269 at the W across the street the next night, which was worth that rate.

Edited to add; I was put in one of the corner suites overlooking Time Sq. very large and comfortable suite but its directly behind one bank of elevators so if your a light sleeper there is no way it would work for you. I sleep like a log so it worked fine for me. And my high speed internet access worked fine.

[This message has been edited by Dudemon (edited 03-09-2002).]
Old May 10, 2002, 9:01 pm

Doubletree Guest Suites New York City

Surprised that I could not find much on these boards about this hotel! Anyone ever stayed here? Will be there in a couple of weeks and would love to hear some first hand experience. Using points to stay here, and had to go through several folks a few weeks ago to assure I would get a room that would accomodate all 6 of us...most rewards rooms only had a king bed w/sleeper sofa, but obviously we needed 2 doubles. Finally got that reservation after dealing with hotel directly. Any info would be helpful...how far of a walk to Rockefeller Center...must do the TODAY show! Thanks.
Old May 11, 2002, 8:23 am

My experience is a couple of years old, but I hope it helps, in the absence of other information.

The hotel is pretty nice - very modern decor. The only rooms I’ve stayed in are the kings, so I’m not sure how the 2 doubles will be. In general, the room size is OK – a little tight in some places, but they used a lot of built-in furniture to improve the space efficiency.

You enter at street level then take an elevator up to the lobby to register and catch the elevators to the room floors. Since there are six of you, be careful – at many times, even midday, the door staff will require a room key to let you in, so be sure that either everyone is together or get several keys and distribute them among your group.

The hotel staff was helpful, but things seemed to be a little understaffed the last time I was there. The hotel is at about 46th Street and 7th/Broadway, and the Today Show is up at Rockefeller Plaza, which is (I think) at about 49th/50th, and a bit east. It should be an easy walk.
Old May 11, 2002, 8:44 am

Rockefeller is a huge place. I think the Today Show is on Fifth Ave close to St. Patrick's Cathedral. Get a more precise address befor you try to find it.
Old May 11, 2002, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
If you enjoy theater, that hotel has a great location -- right across the street from the TKTS booth that sells discounted theater tickets. Plus it's close to lots of Broadway theaters.
Old Jun 3, 2002, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Wondering if marchdisney has completed his stay at this property? Am considering it for a weeknight award stay as it is the only HHonors property in Manhattan other than Embassy Suites that has award space.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 3:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Wondering if marchdisney has completed his stay at this property? Am considering it for a weeknight award stay as it is the only HHonors property in Manhattan other than Embassy Suites that has award space.</font>
I, too, had problems booking an award stay this summer in NYC, even on Pt Stretcher dates. I managed to book the Doubletree, though, although I think the Embassy Suites may have lots of available dates due to its recent reopening.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 7:34 pm

Hello everyone. We returned from a wonderful stay at this property, and were there for 2 nights May 29 and 30. Can't say enough good things...did breakfast in the Center Stage breakfast an NO CHARGE for my entire party of 6, HHonors Gold saved us a bunch with this perk! The cookies were THE BEST I have ever had! Location is ideal, parking is a big PAIN, but the bellman were super nice, as was Rhonda at the front desk. We loved how the rooms were designed. Sofa bed only good for children in my opinion, though one adult might be comfortable on it. We were on the 32 floor with a partial view of Times Square below. Please contact me at [email protected] if you have more questions.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks for the update. Have booked it for next Thursday evening, but won't have a car to worry about.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Need info on DT GS Times Square

What type of Gold perks does this property offer?

How are the rooms (suites)?

Any info helpful. THanks.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 12:48 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Haven't been there yet, but did get an e-mail a couple of days ago saying if you use promption code 7U1 rooms can be as low as $219 per night.

Old Nov 21, 2002, 12:13 am

The rooms are normal suites. Nothing to yell about. I was there this summer and got breakfast for each night I stayed. Not worth the money if you have to pay for it (over $15.00). It's a buffet with eggs to order.

The only problem with this property is if there is something going on in front of the hotel. The night I tried to check in, there was some kind of show in front of the hotel. I had to stop at the side of the hotel, have my wife run to get a bell man so I could return the rental car. Really a problem!

I would stay at the Hilton around the corner the next time I go to NYC. I would do a search on the property unless you are looking for suites. The ES is down the street away from everything if your there on business and don't want to be in the middle of things.

Just my two cents worth.
Old Nov 21, 2002, 12:16 am

Sorry. Fat fingers pushed the button twice.

[This message has been edited by NCRBILL (edited 11-21-2002).]
Old Nov 21, 2002, 7:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Do the rooms have refrigerators and/or microwaves? Is the bedroom a separate room with a door separating it from the living room area? Thx.
Old Nov 21, 2002, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Westcoaster:
Do the rooms have refrigerators and/or microwaves? Is the bedroom a separate room with a door separating it from the living room area? Thx.</font>
Yes, to all questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.