Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2005, 7:25 am

Credit for Booking More Than One Room

I booked two rooms together (i.e., during the same online transaction) under my name about a week ago. This was only a one nighter.

The guy I was out of town with checked himself out and picked up one folio under my name. I checked out myself shortly thereafter and got another folio for my own room. Again, both folio had my HHonors info on it but were separate.

Today I received points & miles for only one room. I thought I could get credit for more than one room at a time. Is this true with Hilton?

Also, is there a T&C somewhere at hhonors.com? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Last edited by michaelr; May 1, 2005 at 7:35 am
Old May 1, 2005, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
In order to get credit for two rooms, both rooms must be paid on the SAME folio.

From Hilton HHonors Membership Benefits Brochure

"Credit for up to two rooms per stay: You may earn Base point credit for up
to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one
folio. Base point credit will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on
both rooms. Bonuses issued on Base points or total folio charges, including
tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on member tier) and double or
triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned
or folio charges incurred for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including
HHonors partner bonus points and other promotional bonuses, bonus points
will be awarded on one room only. You will receive only one stay credit
(including credit toward HHonors VIP tiers), and only one mileage credit
will be earned."
Old May 1, 2005, 11:19 am

Thank you for the link. I was afraid that's what happened.
Old May 1, 2005, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
You should be able to see both folios online under your account# I think.

At any rate, you can still claim the retroactive credit for the second room. Putting them on the same folio makes it more likely both rooms will go through together correctly is why that's stressed.
Old May 1, 2005, 2:07 pm

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
Okay, here's a variation on the theme. I sometimes book rooms for my son and his family on my HH account because it's easy. These end up earning on my account because, well, it goes through the system looking like "me". Last night, he was staying at a hotel in one location and I was booked with my wife into another hotel a few states away -- so it was a situation of two bookings for the same night in different hotels on one HH account. I'm thinking that there is probably something in the system that would keep both of these from crediting, but it's never happened before so I have no idea. Has anyone ever had this situation? What happened?
Old May 1, 2005, 3:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Originally Posted by Standby4321
I'm thinking that there is probably something in the system that would keep both of these from crediting, but it's never happened before so I have no idea. Has anyone ever had this situation? What happened?

I had a change of travel plans once where I booked a DT in once city and ended up at a ES in another. Had to pay the cancelation fee for one night at the DT and called HH to make sure I got the credit.
Old May 1, 2005, 4:31 pm
Suspended

[QUOTE=aglp2k]In order to get credit for two rooms, both rooms must be paid on the SAME folio.

Well not necessarily true ( despite what the HH T and C says )
It does not have to be paid on the same folio, however BOTH FOLIOs must be paid by the member getting the points.
I have received points for two rooms multiple times by faxing in the two folios showing that the both were paid by me usually with the same CC.

mike
Old May 1, 2005, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Okay, here's a variation on the theme. I sometimes book rooms for my son and his family on my HH account because it's easy. These end up earning on my account because, well, it goes through the system looking like "me". Last night, he was staying at a hotel in one location and I was booked with my wife into another hotel a few states away -- so it was a situation of two bookings for the same night in different hotels on one HH account. I'm thinking that there is probably something in the system that would keep both of these from crediting, but it's never happened before so I have no idea. Has anyone ever had this situation? What happened?
If you have a Mutual account you can get away with this. One of the stays wont post anyway and you are going to have to call or fax the missing stay to the the HH service center. With a Mutual account you can book one room (your son in your name) and the stay with you wife in hers. Outside that you might not be able to give them a " convincing story"
mike
Old May 1, 2005, 5:05 pm

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
If you have a Mutual account you can get away with this. One of the stays wont post anyway and you are going to have to call or fax the missing stay to the the HH service center. With a Mutual account you can book one room (your son in your name) and the stay with you wife in hers. Outside that you might not be able to give them a " convincing story"
mike
Thanks. I guess as long as at least one of them posts, I won't worry about it. (If they should somehow end up colliding in the system and negating BOTH, then I would want to try to recover at least one of them for credit.)
Old May 2, 2005, 2:17 am
cjd

Okay, here's a variation on the theme. I sometimes book rooms for my son and his family on my HH account because it's easy. These end up earning on my account because, well, it goes through the system looking like "me".
Is there ever a problem with doing this or is it because your son has the same surname and they never check thoroughly: for instance different home address? Don't suppose it would work with my daughter who is married with a different surname.

Chris.
Old May 2, 2005, 2:53 am

I had the same situation, I booked aroom at YYZ but then had to go to New Brunswick instead, my wife used the room in Toronto and travelled home as planned and stayed a week in NB.
The one night in YYZ posted and the NB week didn't.
When I queried it, they advised that you could not have two reservations for the same night but as a gesture of goodwill would credit both.
Old May 2, 2005, 4:28 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Originally Posted by Norri
I had the same situation, I booked aroom at YYZ but then had to go to New Brunswick instead, my wife used the room in Toronto and travelled home as planned and stayed a week in NB.
The one night in YYZ posted and the NB week didn't.
When I queried it, they advised that you could not have two reservations for the same night but as a gesture of goodwill would credit both.
you should earn for both stays if you are in different hotels. i mean you could checkin in NYC and then fly to DC and checkin in a hotel.
i think in that case you will get status and award points, as you are not in the same hotel. i think the rule of getting only points for a room in the same hotel is, that you do not book 20 rooms for your company meeting and get all rooms on your account billed (btw. i dont get the point why they do not allow that, if you bring that money to hilton, they should honor it ! )

i normally had no problems to check in my mother , brother etc. in, and give her my gold card and she paid with her creditcard. i got the points without problems everytime.

dp

(i have not been there)
Old May 2, 2005, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by aglp2k
In order to get credit for two rooms, both rooms must be paid on the SAME folio.
While the rules state that I have never -- EVER -- been able to get a hotel to do this for me. I always have to pay for both rooms and then fax in the second receipt to get credit for the second room.
Old May 2, 2005, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
and while this thread has some useful info, I think since search was down, we have got into some lazy habits. A quick search produces no less than 121 hits including:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ht=rooms+folio
Old May 2, 2005, 10:50 am

Well, since the thread is here, I might as well add to it. I had booked two rooms for a recent stay at the Hilton Universal City and got credited for only one. When I called CS, I was told that the second room earned no points because it was a partial award stay (1 night paid and 1 night on points). Another twist.

RockyP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.