Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: AC Elite
I ran into a new problem this week. I had both rooms charged to the same folio as noted above, but only received points for one room (or half the folio). I guess I have to call Hhonors again to fix it.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by torguy
I ran into a new problem this week. I had both rooms charged to the same folio as noted above, but only received points for one room (or half the folio). I guess I have to call Hhonors again to fix it.
Good luck! I've been trying to get my points from my second room since 2/16. I am so tired of having to BEG for my points!!!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by cordelli
This is becoming almost a daily question.
+1, competing with Where to stay in London.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, HiltonHonors Silver
Points on Multiple Rooms Question

I just returned from the Cape where I along with 11 others on the team ran the Ragnar from Plymouth to Provincetown. On Thursday night some of us stayed in Plymouth and we had reserved 4 rooms at the Garden Inn. I had asked if anyone minded if I paid for all the rooms to obtain the points and no one else cared about the points so I did so.

So at check in I told the gentleman at the front desk that I would be paying for all 4 personally and to please put my credit card and hilton honors number down for each room and he was kind enough to help me do just that.

When I woke the next morning I noticed on the receipt the name of the person who had made the reservation was still on the folio along with my HH number.

Will the fact that he didnt put all the rooms under my name (despite my paying for all) prevent me from getting the points? They havent shown up as of yet but I dont know if that is because of a delay due to my number not being on the original reservation or because they dont plan on issuing the points.

Thank you for any help, it is appreciated.

Patrick
Old May 14, 2012, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
You can earn points for two rooms only and the charges must be on one folio. Some have reported transferring all charges from multiple rooms to one room at the hotel, but that does not always work. Many people call (or put in a missing points request) after the stay and ask that charges from the second room be added to the first room folio. That usually works

cordelli will be along shortly to give you the exact t&c's link. I think he just cuts and pastes his post because, as others have said, this question comes up about every 10 days, and cordelli always graciously answers with the actual rules. Bottom line - you should get points for two rooms, not everyone's points for 4 rooms, and the fact that the hotel left the other guests name on the bill may or may be a problem.
Old May 14, 2012, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

okay, so I read a few more posts and found a link from cordelli to the T&C's. http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...rual_of_points

A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through the HHonors Points and HHonors Points Earnings Style and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including HHonors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses, Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member may receive one stay credit on one room only. For purposes of earning miles for stays, miles may only be earned on one room only
Old May 14, 2012, 1:13 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by OB one

cordelli will be along shortly to give you the exact t&c's link. I think he just cuts and pastes his post because, as others have said, this question comes up about every 10 days, and cordelli always graciously answers with the actual rules. Bottom line - you should get points for two rooms, not everyone's points for 4 rooms, and the fact that the hotel left the other guests name on the bill may or may be a problem.

You can get points and credit for two rooms assuming they put them on the same folio. Just paying for them and having your account number on them is not enough for you to get credit for multiple rooms, the hotel actually needs to put them on the same folio. It sounds like they did not change it from the person who made the reservation (or they did change it but not correctly) so I don't think you will get any credit without asking them and explaining what you were trying to do. The name and number mis match on your room should prevent any points from posting on their own.

Since you were promised the actual terms

never mind, beaten to them.

Originally Posted by OB one
okay, so I read a few more posts and found a link from cordelli to the T&C's.

By the way don't go crazy looking for links to terms, I don't have a clue where they are. Just go to

www.hhonors.com

and at the bottom of the page click on terms and conditions
Old May 14, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, HiltonHonors Silver
thanks for taking the time to reply and answer my question, I appreciate it. Looks like I likely will be out of luck for any points at all which is disappointing because I communicated my intent at the desk but did not check that all the changes were properly made.

thanks again

Patrick
Old May 14, 2012, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cordelli
The name and number mis match on your room should prevent any points from posting on their own.
Bottom line - it is almost surely going to take a call and talk to a CSR. OP, remember you may not get the answer you want on the first call and you may need to make multiple calls but if you are asking for two rooms worth of points only, you should be okay. (or maybe not.)

Since you were promised the actual terms

never mind, beaten to them.

By the way don't go crazy looking for links to terms, I don't have a clue where they are. Just go to

www.hhonors.com

and at the bottom of the page click on terms and conditions
I am sure I have spent hours looking for those silly T&C's. never thought to look on the front page. Thanks.

I knew you would have the answer to this never ending question. At least this one had a twist in the diferent names and same HHonors number.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
First off, my fault for never reading the T/C. When I travel for leisure, I always get a second room for my 2-3 kids. Typically, points dont post, call to the DD and presto, there they are.

I had a 3 night stay 2 weeks ago, 2 rooms. When the second did not post, I called. The DD told me I had to wait 5 days. After 5 days, they opened a case to get the points, telling me it will take 7-10 business days.

Very frustrating
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by young2by2
The way I get around the rule working within the system is pretty easy. When I check in to the hotel I let the front desk clerk know I want all the other room charges "journaled" to my room account. What this does is transfers all the room charges to my room. This allows me to get all the points from everyone's stay. I don't get credit for the overnight stay but I do earn points on all the dollars spent.
I have had this work on occasion as well by asking them to merge the efolios to one master room. Will be booking four rooms at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe and need the base points from at least three rooms to make Diamond again. Does anyone have experience asking this hotel specifically to merge the efolios?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I have had this work on occasion as well by asking them to merge the efolios to one master room. Will be booking four rooms at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe and need the base points from at least three rooms to make Diamond again. Does anyone have experience asking this hotel specifically to merge the efolios?
The terms & conditions specifically state if you are staying 2 rooms max credit if you are staying in 1 of them and paying for multiple rooms.

Just play by the rules. If you try to place them all on one folio, it may be that none of it will post and you will have a fine mess on your hands for trying to 'cheat' the system.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:56 am

So, I ask at checking for folios for two rooms to be merged onto just one folio, told no problem.

Ask again at checkout to confirm the two folios will be merged into one. Told no proble,

Next week, the cheaper room-only folio posts to my hhonors account, nothing from the suite with all the charges on it posts at all. Looking at my history, it looks as though the hotel closed the folios separately, despite their insistence they'd be merged.

Where is the best place to get this resolved? Hotel, Hhonors CS, anywhere else? Anyone have any tips?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
Where is the best place to get this resolved? Hotel, Hhonors CS, anywhere else? Anyone have any tips?
For a start - did you not get a printed copy of a single folio containing charges for both rooms upon checkout?

Getting such where ever possible is a basic tenet for all my stays - whether for one or more rooms - it does mean I cannot use express check out and I generally won't require the printout later (~95% of the time) - but the other 1 in ~20 times I have needed one makes it worth while.

Last edited by serfty; Aug 8, 2012 at 7:11 pm
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
You are missing my point... They actually provide a definition for a "stay" in the T&Cs as regards tier status, but they do not DEFINE what is meant by "nights" with respect to tier status. It can be INFERRED from the phrase you are quoting, but nowhere is the nights that count towards tier status defined.

For instance, the T&Cs do NOT state that "For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member may receive night credits on one room only." Further, the T&Cs do NOT state that "Night Credits" are defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel."

As I stated previously, it is likely that you are correct, but there is nothing specifically defining what nights count towards tier status in terms of obtaining status based on the number of nights. That much is clear.
In relation to the part I have bolded red, there are actual definitions of a 'night' directly in relation to a 'stay'.

This appears three times in the T&C's - whether they were there before the recent changes or not I am not sure.

Hilton HHonors Membership Tiers

A "night" is a night that is part of a "stay," as that term is defined herein.
So if accommodation does not come under the auspices of a 'stay' then no 'nights' (toward status) may be earned.

To put it another way: if a 'stay' can only earned for the one room then only the 'nights' that are part of that 'stay' for that one room would count toward tier status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.