Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mudley
I have booked 3 rooms for 1 night at an ES. Can I earn points for all 3?
Nope, just 2, under any one name or Hilton #. It's stated in the T & C's which i don't have the time to cut and paste for you, but it's there.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:47 pm

2 rooms, but it's best if you have the 2 rooms put on the same folio; more likely to post automatically for you.

I would not trying putting 3 rooms on the same folio because then the stay won't post at all and you will have to request credit and explain why they should post credit for you for the 2 rooms you were able to claim to begin with.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Can you have as many rooms as you want on separate folios, then transfer all the charges into the "main" folio where the payment is rendered?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
Can you have as many rooms as you want on separate folios, then transfer all the charges into the "main" folio where the payment is rendered?
Sure, you can have every room in the hotel put on your "main" folio, but you'll still only get credit for a maximum of two rooms and you'll need the DD to manually straighten out the resultant mess.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Wiirachay

More than 2 rooms on any 1 folio will cause the entire stay to not post at all.
No now have a 'messed up' folio.

You are allowed credit (per the T&C of the hhonors program) for up to 2 rooms if you are staying in 1 of those rooms and paying for 2.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:59 pm

thanks 2 rooms it is then
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Just be sure to have all incidentals posted to the "master" room so you can at least get all the points for those, and of course if there are price differentials have the second most expensive room put on the same Folio with the "master".

Originally Posted by mudley
thanks 2 rooms it is then
Old Mar 10, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
Do multiple rooms count for HH status?

I am going to a family event and booked a room for me and one for my parents. If I keep both rooms in my name and On my HH account will I get credit for 1 stay but 4 nights instead of 2 nights? I guess one benefit is that all the HH base points would go to me. I have same ting coming up a few weeks later and I booked three rooms for a weekend for me, my brother and my parents. Is there any benefit for staying in multiple rooms?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Only one room will count for status. You can get points for up to two rooms as long as they are posted on the same folio. "Good Luck" in getting someone at the hotel that can figure out what that means. I usually get met with blank stares when I discuss anything of this nature with the front desk staff at check in or check out. You usually have to do some follow up with HH customer service to get the points for two rooms.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by JB123
I am going to a family event and booked a room for me and one for my parents. If I keep both rooms in my name and On my HH account will I get credit for 1 stay but 4 nights instead of 2 nights? I guess one benefit is that all the HH base points would go to me. I have same ting coming up a few weeks later and I booked three rooms for a weekend for me, my brother and my parents. Is there any benefit for staying in multiple rooms?
I regularly book 2 rooms, but as per previous reply it often requires HHonors Customer Service to get the points manually credited after the stay. On the occasions that I have to book 3 or 4 rooms (maybe 4 or 5 times per year), I book 2 on my HHonors account and 2 on my wife's account, which means that we really can rack up the points !
Old Mar 10, 2012, 3:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
This is becoming almost a daily question.

A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through the HHonors Points and HHonors Points Earnings Style and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including HHonors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses, Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member may receive one stay credit on one room only. For purposes of earning miles for stays, miles may only be earned on one room only.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 4:20 pm

What Cordelli said. All of it. Only one room counts for day or stay credit / status. Or some of us would book an event and become instant Diamond.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:15 pm

Always require a call to HH customer service after the stay for me to have points credited correctly...one folio or not.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Thanks Cordelli. I don't do this often but did on a family vacation a few months ago and was told that they had to be booked together and paid together and as long as that rule was met, I could claim base miles for 2 rooms. The points for the first room were credited as usual. The second, I had to call and ask for. Interestingly, was told that it had to be a minimum of 5 days elapsed since the stay before they could file a request to investigate the missing points. Only time I have ever been told this by HHonors.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:38 pm

I have suspected some of the CSRs make it up as they go along on occasion. And that most FDCs know nothing about how to create a single folio for two room's charges (and at least sometimes do not care).

Originally Posted by jsmith50
Thanks Cordelli. I don't do this often but did on a family vacation a few months ago and was told that they had to be booked together and paid together and as long as that rule was met, I could claim base miles for 2 rooms. The points for the first room were credited as usual. The second, I had to call and ask for. Interestingly, was told that it had to be a minimum of 5 days elapsed since the stay before they could file a request to investigate the missing points. Only time I have ever been told this by HHonors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.