Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 13, 11, 7:07 pm   #241

Programs: AC SE/S100K; HHonors Gold; a bunch of others at various levels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
You can wordsmith this all you want, but as I and several others have pointed out in this thread, you're gonna get what you got. Wishing, hoping, and believing that the T&Cs are different will only result in further frustration for you. Give it a rest.
No worries!

I have enough experience with Hhonors to know that I shouldn't expect anything more. Definitely no frustration over this issue.
GJS - yow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 12, 1:13 pm   #242
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.7 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I booked and paid for multiple rooms at a meeting in Dallas and never got the points. The points were given out to the people who stayed in the rooms as they gave the desk clerk their HH #'s. Rats!
oldpenny16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 12, 1:50 pm   #243

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott/LoewsFirst/PC Plat; Hilton Diamond;SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpenny16 View Post
I booked and paid for multiple rooms at a meeting in Dallas and never got the points. The points were given out to the people who stayed in the rooms as they gave the desk clerk their HH #'s. Rats!
I'm not a Hilton expert, but I would have thought that if you paid for the rooms, you would get the points.
Old Aug 8, 12, 8:56 am   #244

Programs: ICH Plat/Amb Hhonors Diamond
So, I ask at checking for folios for two rooms to be merged onto just one folio, told no problem.

Ask again at checkout to confirm the two folios will be merged into one. Told no proble,

Next week, the cheaper room-only folio posts to my hhonors account, nothing from the suite with all the charges on it posts at all. Looking at my history, it looks as though the hotel closed the folios separately, despite their insistence they'd be merged.

Where is the best place to get this resolved? Hotel, Hhonors CS, anywhere else? Anyone have any tips?
jimthehorsegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 12, 6:58 pm   #245
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG ►NZ*E ►VA WP ►HHD ►IHG G
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod View Post
Where is the best place to get this resolved? Hotel, Hhonors CS, anywhere else? Anyone have any tips?
For a start - did you not get a printed copy of a single folio containing charges for both rooms upon checkout?

Getting such where ever possible is a basic tenet for all my stays - whether for one or more rooms - it does mean I cannot use express check out and I generally won't require the printout later (~95% of the time) - but the other 1 in ~20 times I have needed one makes it worth while.

Last edited by serfty; Aug 8, 12 at 7:11 pm..
serfty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 12, 7:11 pm   #246
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJS - yow View Post
You are missing my point... They actually provide a definition for a "stay" in the T&Cs as regards tier status, but they do not DEFINE what is meant by "nights" with respect to tier status. It can be INFERRED from the phrase you are quoting, but nowhere is the nights that count towards tier status defined.

For instance, the T&Cs do NOT state that "For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member may receive night credits on one room only." Further, the T&Cs do NOT state that "Night Credits" are defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel."

As I stated previously, it is likely that you are correct, but there is nothing specifically defining what nights count towards tier status in terms of obtaining status based on the number of nights. That much is clear.
In relation to the part I have bolded red, there are actual definitions of a 'night' directly in relation to a 'stay'.

This appears three times in the T&C's - whether they were there before the recent changes or not I am not sure.

Hilton HHonors Membership Tiers

Quote:
A "night" is a night that is part of a "stay," as that term is defined herein.
So if accommodation does not come under the auspices of a 'stay' then no 'nights' (toward status) may be earned.

To put it another way: if a 'stay' can only earned for the one room then only the 'nights' that are part of that 'stay' for that one room would count toward tier status.
Old Jan 23, 14, 8:12 pm   #247

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Two bookings on the same date

I have booked 1 room for 3 nights at the Hilton Sukhumvit AND the DT Sukhumvit which is next door on the same date. The DT is for my cousin's stay. I intend to check in at DT myself using my HHonors Gold so that he can get the benefits but will I be credited TWO stays even though these two bookings are at the same time?
gummibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 14, 8:42 pm   #248
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have seen posts about HHonors seemingly having built in safeguards about the one member receiving stay/night credit for stays on the same date at different properties.

In other words, you are unlikely to get stay credit for both.
Old Jan 23, 14, 11:59 pm   #249
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Taj IC Gold, AI Maharajah, DL Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummibar View Post
I have booked 1 room for 3 nights at the Hilton Sukhumvit AND the DT Sukhumvit which is next door on the same date. The DT is for my cousin's stay. I intend to check in at DT myself using my HHonors Gold so that he can get the benefits but will I be credited TWO stays even though these two bookings are at the same time?
no you won't....
Keyser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 14, 11:32 pm   #250

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
I understand the rules but consider them totally ridiculous. I have multiple night stays in 8 different cities this year and will now give 1/2 the business to Marriott.

Why should I lose out and Hilton makes money and gives me nothing . I will get stay credits and all the charge credits both Marriott and Hilton and in most case the Hotels are very close to each other.

So Hilton once again stupid rules!!!
kapkap46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 14, 9:48 am   #251

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, WN CP
Quote:
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
I have seen posts about HHonors seemingly having built in safeguards about the one member receiving stay/night credit for stays on the same date at different properties.

In other words, you are unlikely to get stay credit for both.
I have had a work stay in one city and my wife has had a stay with the family in another city on the same night and we only get credit for one stay in our account.
HansGruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 14, 7:13 am   #252

Programs: US Airways-Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Avis First
Paying for three rooms, at same hotel--how to get credit

I know I will only get points for two of the rooms.

My questions is, will I be okay under one reservation number for all three rooms? Will the points for 2/3 post properly? Or will none?

Or should I do a reservation for two rooms (with my HHonors # attached) , and a separate reservation for a single room with no Hhonors number.

Any experience / insight is greatly appreciated.
tt120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 14, 9:18 am   #253

The key is to make sure that the two rooms you want credit for get put on the same folio (one bill showing charges for both rooms). I've had experiences where I've booked two rooms on the same reservation but the hotel split the bills so each room had its own bill. That will result in earning points only for the room you were in. Easiest to get this fixed before you leave the hotel. If the rooms are billed separately, get them to combine them before you leave.
clarence5ybr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 14, 9:29 am   #254

My one experience with multiple rooms is to ensure that you talk to the front desk and get them to put two of the rooms on the same folio (probably best to do all three just in case). Then just check your account and if you get credited with zero (because they used one of the zeroed out rooms) call up Hilton and they'll give you the points.
AnthonyF1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 14, 8:04 pm   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF1227 View Post
My one experience with multiple rooms is to ensure that you talk to the front desk and get them to put two of the rooms on the same folio (probably best to do all three just in case). Then just check your account and if you get credited with zero (because they used one of the zeroed out rooms) call up Hilton and they'll give you the points.
Yup, its that simple. But, sometimes the rooms are not all paid for by the same person. If that's the case: when talking to the front desk - tell them to folio the rooms together, but not final charge until you checkout. Go down in the morning and manually checkout, making sure the rooms are all grouped together on the same folio - but that they spilt the method of payments between the cards given at check-in.
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote