Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2007, 2:19 am

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
Originally Posted by soooted
Of course Hilton only allows you credit for 2 rooms per stay.
That's all you'll get (the system is pretty good about this). If you try hard enough, you might get the hotel GM to manually post the points for all 6 rooms, but I don't think you will be able to get the stay/night credit.

Last edited by bassmanben; May 4, 2007 at 2:26 am
Old May 4, 2007, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by bassmanben
That's all you'll get (the system is pretty good about this). If you try hard enough, you might get the hotel GM to manually post the points for all 6 rooms, but I don't think you will be able to get the stay/night credit.
I don't care so much about stay/night credit as I do about 10x per dollar. Will I get credit for $ spent with 6 rooms?
Old May 4, 2007, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
It might, it might not work. My experiences are both way. If you want to be sure, open a further account for your wife, daugther or dog.
Old May 4, 2007, 3:12 am

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
I don't care so much about stay/night credit as I do about 10x per dollar. Will I get credit for $ spent with 6 rooms?
Not automatically no. You will need to get the manager on your side or try to trick a HH rep into adding them to your account.

The system will only give you credit for 2 rooms. In my previous case it actually only gave me credit for only 1 room because I had two rooms on separate reservations. I had to post a missing stay request to get my second room pts, but they would not give me the third room, which is what the T&C says.
Old May 4, 2007, 3:52 am

Any advice on what specific vocabulary to use when talking to the hotel manager? I'm meeting with him in a day or two to discuss a corporate rate in addition to my family trip. Hopefully I can get him on my side with a modest amount of potential business and he'll do whatever trickery I need to get credit for my family trip.

I don't mind the stays/nights, I just want the points. Amex HH card helps too, but it just feels like flushing points down the drain with 6 rooms if you only get creidt for 2.

I'll see if I can get them to put it on the same folio. I've had bad luck getting two rooms on the same folio before, despite specifically asking for it. They use the same folio # but it shows up on my online accout as two separate documents. I always have to email support to get credit for the second room. I usually travel with a business partner so I always book 2 rooms.
Old May 4, 2007, 5:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG
One sure way of getting the points for all $$ spent is to use the Am Ex Platinum HHonors card, which is available at no fee.
Old May 4, 2007, 5:33 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
You could try talking to the meeting planner, and see if there is a contract for rooms that you can use. The other option would be to get a second and third account (wife, dad, mom?) and just "manage" those accounts for them.
Old May 4, 2007, 5:42 am

Programs: DL Medallion, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
I would open secondary HH accounts. Especially for your wife and then open her own AMEX HH card to get even more miles with the bonuses.
Old May 4, 2007, 3:53 pm

This wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it's good to know if you do plan a large corporate event you can get 1 pt per dollar spent.

Dear <me>,

You can receive HHonors points for the amount spent on multiple rooms under our Event Planner program. Please note, however, that you will not receive stay and night credit and you will only receive 1 point and/or airline mile for every dollar spent on those rooms.

If you wish to reserve these rooms under our Event Planner, please contact the hotel sales department directly.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.
Old May 4, 2007, 4:26 pm

that doesnt sound like a very good deal in your case!
definitely open account in 3 family names and put al the incidentals on your account
Old May 4, 2007, 6:30 pm

Scenario #1:

Has anyone tried booking 2 rooms at 2 different (nearby) hotels for the same time period? You would have a confirmation for each different hotels, each with 2-rooms. Would you get the full 4-room credit in this scenario?

Scenario #2:

You want to book 4-rooms and get credit for them. Your guests have some flexibility (2 will come a day early; 2 will stay a day late). What if you book 2-rooms for June 1-5; and 2-rooms for June 2-6. These 2 separate confirmations, but the same hotel. Would you get the full 4-room credit in this scenario?
Old May 4, 2007, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
With 4 rooms, you might also enlist another of your group to sign up for an HHonors account and then book 2 rooms for each of you and each get two rooms on each folio. (so you don't get ALL the points, but you can share the wealth.) Yes, you will likely have to call to get credit on each account later on, but you can pay with your credit card for all the rooms. You may want to use separate cards for each set of rooms.

When I have have done this, I have never run into any problem using my credit card. In fact, I have had six rooms on my card at the same time and the desk clerk appreciates not having to put a different cc number in each time. But beware, I know some have reported that sometimes funky things happen, like the clerk/manager starts dividing points up, but that never happened to me.
Old May 4, 2007, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Thanks guys for all of your responses. I only want to make sure that I get credit for two rooms, but I will email the hotel and see about getting credit for all four (it's worth the try).
It worked for me very well outside the US when I asked the night before CHECK OUT to "transfer" all charges from the other rooms to my room. The room charges of the other rooms appeared on my invoice like incidentals and the points posted automatically.

It did not work when I asked for it at CHECK IN because they posted the room charges as room charges to my account and we had the normal "only two rooms" discussion.

It did not work when I asked at CHECK OUT either and I only received the points for my room. I had the feeling that the point issues were processed the moment they printed the information bill.
Old May 5, 2007, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Scenario #1:

Has anyone tried booking 2 rooms at 2 different (nearby) hotels for the same time period? You would have a confirmation for each different hotels, each with 2-rooms. Would you get the full 4-room credit in this scenario?

Scenario #2:

You want to book 4-rooms and get credit for them. Your guests have some flexibility (2 will come a day early; 2 will stay a day late). What if you book 2-rooms for June 1-5; and 2-rooms for June 2-6. These 2 separate confirmations, but the same hotel. Would you get the full 4-room credit in this scenario?
No I have told by the DD that you will get credit for only three rooms at any given time.

I have gotten credit for three rooms ( one at one property and two at another at the time) may times, but since my wife and I have a mutual account i could always say we are staying at different hotel

I am sure the scenario you outline might work if the called up HH at two different times and mention you have a missing stay for one room ( since its unlikely to post automatically) but i havent tried that.. yet

mike
Old May 5, 2007, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
I am sure the scenario you outline might work if the called up HH at two different times and mention you have a missing stay for one room ( since its unlikely to post automatically) but i havent tried that.. yet
Yes, that's my plan. Request missing stay credit one at a time. The theory is they won't check to see what other reservations I had around that time. And it's possible even if they did check, I have so much overlapping reservations they might not even bother. Something along the lines of "he's a good customer, I'll just give him the credit".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.