Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Old Apr 4, 2001, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Any comments on Hilton @ CDG?

We have a one-night stay due to connections and an early morning flight. Is there an easy and convenient access to the RER to go into the city?

We were able to obtain a rate of 950FF, which seems like a great bargin.
Old Apr 4, 2001, 9:39 pm

I stayed there once as a Hilton Gold and they upgraded me to a corner room on the Executive floor and received access to the Club Lounge. The room was large with a large marble bathroom (separate shower and bathtub)and amenities galore. Excellent service. Points posted within 24 hours.

From CDG Terminal 1, I called the hotel from the shuttle stop and the Hilton shuttle bus arrived in 5 minutes. Leaving the hotel for the airport, shuttle bus stood outside. They have 2 shuttle buses - one each for CDG1 and CDG2.

The Club Room (open till 11:00 p.m.) serves beer, hard liquor, coffee and soda and nut mix. Never ate the continental breakfast as my rate included the buffet breakfast.

CDG1 station for RER B is about 100 yards behind the hotel. Purchase the one-day pass for 110FRF which gives unlimited access to RER and metro, otherwise it's 49FRF each-way and you have to pay as you go if you use the metro. When you return to CDG at night, make sure you take the train headed towards CDG2, not Mitry. Both trains depart from the same platform. I think the last train departs Chatelet Les Halles around 11:45 p.m.

Have a good stay!
Old Apr 5, 2001, 10:34 am
Suspended

I enjoyed the CDG Hilton very much the included the buffet breakfast with my stay. Agree with the previous post about RER.
Old Apr 5, 2001, 11:19 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
This is a great hotel. I think I may have had that same corner room...

The lounge is well stocked... but not large... so if a lot of people are there, it could get cramped.

I was also surprised when... after being in the room for 10 minutes... a knock at the door from a bellman delivering a gift of gourmet nuts. (They came in handy on that economy flight back across the ocean!).

William
Old Feb 7, 2002, 8:29 pm

Name Of Rental Car Agency @ HILTON CDG

I couldn't find this info at Hilton's web site. Anyone know answer?
Old Mar 26, 2002, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
DeGaulle Hilton/Seeing the Sites?

My boss is taking her grand daughter to Paris as an 8th grade graduation present. She really wants to stay at this hotel because she was able to get rooms in July using points. She realizes the hotel is far away from the sites.

Does anyone have any experience or is anyone aware of whether there are various tours that would operate from the hotel and take people into the city? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 9:28 am

I stayed there during a 24 hour layover once. There is a train station right behind the hotel (about a minute walk) that takes you right into the city, about a 30-45 ride depending if you get an 'express'. Trains are very often during the day, not sure nightime schedule. While certainly not as enjoyable as a hotel in the main tourist arrondisements; it is 'doable'. I remember we even took the train in for a morning cafe breakfast before our flight back to the states.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 10:45 am

CDG isn't really an ideal location to visit Paris for several days. It's not just a question of getting to central Paris during the day but what to do at night.

They might not want to have to spend an entire day out every day - it's nice to get back to the hotel for a little rest/shower before going out.

I would really not recommend this option - if it's a question of cost, maybe forget the points and pick a cheaper hotel in central Paris. If cost isn’t the problem, opt for the Paris Hilton, near the Eiffel tower.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 11:20 am

Luv2go, thanks.

Canista, I couldn't agree with you more. What I am trying to find out for her is the options she has available to see the city if she nevertheless decides to stay at de Gaulle.

Old Mar 26, 2002, 12:02 pm

Here are all the means of transportation between CDG and Paris:
http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an...cle=X500520521

Some comments:
- the RER B runs through the rough northern suburbs of Paris. As a streetwise French-speaking male I still do not feel especially comfortable on those trains late at night. The express trains do not stop between the last city station and the airport, and are therefore less likely to carry troublemakers.
- the RER stops running around midnight
- taxis run €30-45 to downtown; a viable option for a party of 2-3 late at night
- RER and Roissybus run about €7.50
- Air France bus runs about €10
- if you are around the Etoile area, the Air France bus is faster than the RER, and definitely safe

Old Mar 26, 2002, 1:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by monahos:
The RER B runs through the rough northern suburbs of Paris. As a streetwise French-speaking male I still do not feel especially comfortable on those trains late at night. The express trains do not stop between the last city station and the airport, and are therefore less likely to carry troublemakers.
</font>
Even during the daylight hours, gangs of thieves operating from stops between Gare du Nord and CDG have been stealing luggage and other items from tired passengers on crowded trains. If you use the RER, do as Monahos says and take the trains that bypass most of the stations on this route north of Gare du Nord.

At night, it's even spookier. Tourists headed towards the airport at night loaded with bags from a day of shopping are prime targets. Also, when returning make sure you take the RER B3 headed for CDG and not the B5 that goes to Mitry-Claye. When I stay at this hotel on one day trips, if I am unable to return to CDG by 8:00 p.m., I'll take the taxi. It's safer.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 1:36 pm

Wow, this is the first I've heard of any such crime problems. This information that I might find useful also for future trips. Thanks for that information.

However, still looking for information concerning tours that could be booked with the concierge and would actually pick one up at the hotel and take you into the city for the day and visit the various cites. These two will not be taking the train back alone late at night.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Hello, ILuvParis. I know that you are familiar enough with Paris to try to dissuade your boss from staying at this property. Regardless of the good quality of the hotel, the location is really a problem unless you are in transit or at a seminar.

Everyone posting to this thread is on target with their advice (including that faux-Frenchman, Canista ). monahos, as usual, offers excellent advice and his information on transportation between Paris and the Hilton, particularly his view on safety, is correct. There have been many security problems on this line of the RER train.

Have you tried contacting by fax the concierge service of the hotel to find out what sort of excursions they can organize? I think that might be your best bet.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 2:31 pm

I have tried, Blair. Thanks for your last suggestion. We'll give it a whirl.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 5:34 pm

Thanks for the endorsement, blair

I haven't done the excursion bit in a quarter century, but seem to recall the major tour companies leave from rue de Rivoli. They do have a pickup service at major downtown hotels, but I doubt airport hotels would be included. Exemple here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.