Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Okinawa Chatan Resort {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Okinawa Chatan Resort {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Arrow Hilton Okinawa Chatan Resort {JPN}

I'm looking for a thread for Hilton Okinawa Chatan Resort, but I could not. Is this property not opened yet? I reserved 5 nights stay in December. If anybody knows the general condition, elite benefits and so on, please share with me. It would be very helpful to prepare my trip to Okinawa.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/jap...CHI/index.html
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:52 am

i just had a 4 night stay at this property. i originally planned to stay 2 nights here and then 2 nights at the doubletree naha but loved it so much that i cancelled the doubletree reservation and extended my stay here.

it is located at chatan city, next to the minaha american village. the property is very new and about 3/4 of the rooms face the ocean. there is no beach access and it is located across the road from an ocean promenade that is great for walks. there are 2 outdoor pools, one for children, one for adults. there is a heated indoor pool and gym.

i booked and received an ocean view deluxe room. i think i was upgraded as Gold to receive the executive lounge access. when i decided to extend my stay, the hotel was quite full and so only the most basic city view rooms were available. to my surprise, when i returned to the hotel after a day out, my bags had been transferred to an executive ocean view room. i think this might have been a Gold upgrade as well.

so the irony is that i paid less for the executive ocean view room nights than the ocean view room nights.

they serve breakfast in both the lounge as well as a whole day dining restaurant. the spread in the restaurant was incredible - western, japanese, okinawan and chinese items were available. in room dining was fast, tasty and the prices only a slight mark up from restaurants nearby at the american village. parking was free.

i will definitely return to this property if i am visiting okinawa again.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Just returned from a trip to Okinawa and was totally impressed by the resort. They were able to get me two rooms at DoD per diem rates when I emailed them even though the Hilton site only let me book one. Wouldn't let us check in until 2 pm but were able to drop our bags and go onto the base for the day. Upon returning, they had already moved our bags up to the rooms on the 9th floor.

Given the option of breakfast in the restaurant downstairs of the executive lounge (restaurant opened at 6:30, lounge opened for breakfast at 7) so we always opted for the restaurant where you can eat inside or outside and have access to the full buffet.

Executive lounge was opened most of the day with light food fare and drinks (beer, wine, spirits, etc.) from 1700-1900. The rest of the time you could get soda, coffee and snacks but pretty strict about taking anything out of the lounge.

The resort wasn't opened on my last trip so we stayed at the Doubletree in Naha. Naha DT was nice, but the resort was so much nicer in all aspects.

Another benefit which we didn't realize was that they have a shuttle service that takes you to the airport for 800 yen. Does make stops at several hotels on the way, but way cheaper than a taxi.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:51 pm

Doubletree Chatan

Planning a trip to Okinawa in Oct and came across this: http://news.doubletree.com/index.cfm/property/detail/9229

A new doubletree is opening beside Hilton Okinawa chatan, and priced quite a bit cheaper. Any advice on the location? Should i base myself in one hotel for the trip or should i move around? Will be in Okinawa for 7 nights.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by fledglingraptormoon
Planning a trip to Okinawa in Oct and came across this: DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Okinawa Chatan, Japan | DoubleTree Global Media Center

A new doubletree is opening beside Hilton Okinawa chatan, and priced quite a bit cheaper. Any advice on the location? Should i base myself in one hotel for the trip or should i move around? Will be in Okinawa for 7 nights.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
We really enjoyed the Hilton property; walking distance to a lot (sure it's only American Village, but it's something...a great cocktail bar (Bar Barragan...just sit and chat with the bartender/owner) and an Okinawa specialty dish place are there). There's some other holes in the wall in the local neighborhood if you walk a bit north on the seawall (good little coffee shop and a place with possibly the best chicken and waffles I've ever had). The breakfast and service at the Hilton were top-notch, and the pool was great too. As far as a new Doubletree, may be worth checking out since it will be new and if it's that much cheaper, I can't imagine there's that much of a difference (though the Hilton has a waterfront view, who knows if the Doubletree will guarantee that).

The overall location depends on what you want. It's very close to Kadena and a couple of the Marine bases, but not terribly close to Naha and those attractions. It would be a good halfway point for doing things in Naha/points south, Miyagi Island/points east, and heading north to Nago (which I recommend, the north of the island is pretty neat). Definitely beware of traffic on 58, however, as it can take a while with cars and stoplights to get places.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:46 am

Lounge access free to every guest?

If you're Diamond and have EL access there, does every room guest (including kids whom, in our case, have to be considered adults per hotel policy since they're both >6yo) get free EL access? Or is Hilton Okinawa cheap like Conrad Tokyo and actually enforce EL access fees for anyone beyond 2 guests?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Any recent experience here as Gold? I’m assuming breakfast. Has anyone gotten a club room upgrade?
Old Dec 23, 2023, 11:53 pm

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
Chatan Hilton : great on service side , japanese size rooms take some getting used to

Currently having 16 night stay at Chatan Hilton , staff is extremely attentive and friendly plus pro-active !
Most front desk staff is at least bi-lingual . housekeeping extremely friendly and flexible in the hours you may want your room serviced and till 4:30 pm cleaning staff is available .
EL is good for short stop during day for a soda and a nibble ; full service from 5 till 7 pm with good variation of soup and small bites in good quality and replenished swiftly .

On Friday and Saturday E.L. gets hectic but other evenings ok if you can go between 6 and 7 pm . Several flavours of Blue Seal ice cream in fridge in EL for self service 😋
Booked 16 nights as getaway way from European winter, first week sunny and warm up to 25 celc. , second week cooler and more rain but emp stayed above 17 ( at noon ) .
In room AC can be put on cooling or heating so choice is yours unlike many hotels where engineers decide if you are getting colder or warmer air ...

Breakfast buffet in downstairs restaurant is fantastic , lots of choices , lots of difference between oriental , japanese , okinawan and european/american flavours .
Starts at 6:30 till 10:30 am so even with jetlag one should make it early or late but better make it .
Tried evening buffet several times , got 25 % off as Diamond HH , steamed crablegs are 2000 yen pp extra , worth the money and great sushi plus seafood salad choices as well .

As this Hilton has a lot of long term stays from military bases and a lot of short time visitors-including HH Gold/ Diamond- for 1 or 2 nights the chance to get upgraded to corner room or better as Diamond HH is slim to none esepecially in our case as long term visitors
We reserved the room we wanted - king ocean view with balcony - and this is what we got , Diamond probably helped to move upward to floor 8 .
Front desk was very helpfull to arrange transfer from OKA airport to Chatan as we needed extra size van travelling with 4 hard side rimowa , trip from airport to Hilton takes about 1 hr depending on traffic which gets very busy on certain hours , lots of trafficlights and stop and go traffic .
As European not advisable to rent a car !!! Taxi fares are a lot cheaper than mainland Japan .
Last night/early morning Dec. 24 some guest started false fire alert on first floor , problem of anxious guests flocking to front desk area was resolved wonderfully by night staff who probably got the XMas eve they will never forget and by 3 am there was already excuse letter under every door !!

IMHO as english speaker from overseas =>
Advisable contact persons for Chatan Hilton :
Mr Stanislav PITNER , cluster front office manager , [email protected]
Mrs Yurina TOMA , office operator shift leader , [email protected]
dmarge18 likes this.

Last edited by kahuna1993; Dec 26, 2023 at 7:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.