Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I stayed as a gold in May and there was definitely the option for breakfast in the main restaurant, which was rather good as I recall.

I think it's reasonably likely that you'll get an upgrade, although on a sample size of one... who knows?

I don't think there is a massive difference between the best and worst rooms in this hotel however so I wouldn't get too excited about the prospect, especially as they offer lounge access to golds in any event.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
What are the chances of getting an early check-in at 9-10am for a HH Diamond? Will they allow early check-in if a room is available or will they try to save the rooms to sell as day rooms? If early check-in is not available, does the Hilton offer a shower facility for use on a pay basis?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, United
??????

How can you be a HH Diamond or Marriott Platinum and not understand the chances of getting a room at 9:00 am. If you are that desperate, book the night before
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

I don't think he/she doesn't understand how early check in works. I think they are simply asking if this particular property will allow you to check in at 9 or 10 in the morning free of charge if a room is available or if they will try to charge you an early check in fee. That's a valid question. I will be visiting this property in early March and I also will be arriving around 10am. This is information I would like to know also. If it hasn't been reported back yet, I will do so.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
As I just posted in another thread, the nearby Ibis is reported to offer rooms by the hour if you want a shower and a nap. It's rather doubtful you will be allowed 9am check in at the Hilton especially if you want an upgraded room as those are usually full up the night before and it takes time for the cleaning crew to finish the rooms.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by Time traveller
What are the chances of getting an early check-in at 9-10am for a HH Diamond? Will they allow early check-in if a room is available or will they try to save the rooms to sell as day rooms? If early check-in is not available, does the Hilton offer a shower facility for use on a pay basis?
I can't answer the question about shower access, nor can I tell you anything about official policy, but I successfully checked into this hotel around 9am (once!) last year and there was no trouble with that since they had free rooms. I suspect that room availability will determine your likelihood of success, but its worth a shot!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
I can't answer the question about shower access, nor can I tell you anything about official policy, but I successfully checked into this hotel around 9am (once!) last year and there was no trouble with that since they had free rooms. I suspect that room availability will determine your likelihood of success, but its worth a shot!
Originally Posted by hhonors fan
I don't think he/she doesn't understand how early check in works. I think they are simply asking if this particular property will allow you to check in at 9 or 10 in the morning free of charge if a room is available or if they will try to charge you an early check in fee. That's a valid question. I will be visiting this property in early March and I also will be arriving around 10am. This is information I would like to know also. If it hasn't been reported back yet, I will do so.
I have checked in early at numerous hotels in the city center (both Marriott and Hilton) and with top status, they will offer the best room available at the time of early check-in (ususlly a standard room) or an upgraded room a little later when maid service has had time to turn the room over.

However I have never tried checking in early at an airport hotel as I am usually at an airport hotel for less than 10 hours, just to sleep. In fact the last time I stayed at the Hilton CDG, I was a HH Gold, but stayed less than 8 hours and did not care about an upgrade, lounge access or free breakfast.

However I appreciate everyone's comments. Still deciding between the Sheraton, Hilton or the Marriott CDG, although the Marriott is the furthest away and last time they had unreliable shuttle service early in the morning as they use a contract shuttle service.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Anyone know why the Executive lounge would be closed on a Tuesday? I checked out this morning, but was told that the lounge was "closed today". It really didn't matter because I was checking out, but was curious as to why an executive lounge might be closed in the middle of a work week. Maybe because of the Christmas holiday?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rybob1
Anyone know why the Executive lounge would be closed on a Tuesday? I checked out this morning, but was told that the lounge was "closed today". It really didn't matter because I was checking out, but was curious as to why an executive lounge might be closed in the middle of a work week. Maybe because of the Christmas holiday?
I've seen it closed during the middle of the day for special events a couple of times. But yes, it could also be because some staff are taking time off for the holiday.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Time traveller
However I appreciate everyone's comments. Still deciding between the Sheraton, Hilton or the Marriott CDG, although the Marriott is the furthest away and last time they had unreliable shuttle service early in the morning as they use a contract shuttle service.
I've stayed plenty of times at the HI CDG which uses the same shuttle as the Marriott, and it is pretty reliable IME. Never more than 5 minutes late. But it is also a long ride that makes many stops, so you have to allow plenty of time.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: HH diamond
During the 5 days around Christmas the EL was closed in the AM. They just comped you full breakfast at the restuarant. Same thing at Park Lane in London. Here they gave us a "double upgrade" rm 659. Larger king corner room. EL in the evening has wine and Heineken Beer. 2 hot selections of small ham/cheese sands and some small pasta. 3 cold pasta salads, veggie snacks, nuts, chips, pistachios, green olives, fruits but no sweets.

RER B train is approx 35 mins to central Paris aka St michael/notre dame station. Just about non-stop. Walk from the RER/airport is easy. You want the first RER stop at CDG from Paris for the hilton.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:23 pm

one night stay

thought I'd share some pics since i'm here for one night. Upgraded to a King Executive Plus. Exec Lounge has wine and beer for 6pm to 8pm.

Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
There will be 3 of us using the CDG Airport Hilton for a quick shower, for 69Euros. We will check in at 9am and check out by 11am. Will the hotel make a fuss if I pay for only 2 people instead of 3. Keeping in mind this is a Day rate for this property.
Old May 2, 2015, 3:16 pm

Any idea how to get from the TVG train (I'm coming from Avignon) to the hotel? They say "5 minutes"... take a taxi? Also, do you get breakfast here as a Gold?
Old May 2, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by lbotez
Any idea how to get from the TVG train (I'm coming from Avignon) to the hotel? They say "5 minutes"... take a taxi? Also, do you get breakfast here as a Gold?
No taxi. Take the automated shuttle CDGVAL from the TGV station (go up as if you'd go to terminal 2F) to Roissypole (2' ride). From there it's a 150m walk. When getting out of the shuttle train walk towards the Ibis hotel but instead of entering the Ibis to your right go straight ahead and you'll see the Hilton. They will give you lounge access for breakfast as a gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.