Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just finished a stay here....was upgraded to a junior suite on an award stay....free breakfast in the lounge was ok....not bad for a one night stay....
Old Jun 2, 2012, 6:06 pm

I just stayed a night here and was not impressed.

Check-in. I was offered a choice of upgrade to a full suite smoking or a junior suite non-smoking. Chose the junior suite. The room was not really a junior suite though, just a spacious room with a large bath: no sofa or anything that would make it a junior suite. I was told that I have Executive Lounge access as a HH Gold.

Shuttle. This is the first time that I took the hotel shuttle from CDG, so I had no idea where to go. In total, it took me one hour from the gate to the hotel. I think that for an airport hotel, this is far too long. The shuttle only goes every 15 minutes.

Shuttle, part 2. On the way back to the airport the next morning, I couldn't get on the shuttle, even though I was there earlier than several others who got a seat (I was politely waiting until everyone else had stored their luggage before I stored mine: by then all seats were taken). Since I knew that waiting for 15 minutes would be cutting it very short, I complained to the front desk and asked whether they could call a taxi. After a lot of excitement, they didn't really manage to call a taxi (?!?) and in the end, the next shuttle showed up 15 minutes later. I took it and luckily was on time for my intercontinental flight.

Service attitude. Both in the lounge and in the breakfast restaurant, I found the attitude of the staff unfriendly. I first went to the breakfast restaurant and waited for 10 minutes for coffee. When it finally came, it was poured into my cup without words and the waiter rushed off, without giving me the chance to ask for milk. I went to the buffet to get milk there, only to find that all three jars were empty. I waited for a while so that they could be refilled; when this didn't happen, I moved to the Executive Lounge. There, the coffee machine had just been switched off (maybe it was out of order) without any sign. I and several other people tried to get coffee; after a while, we realized that there was some coffee in an unmarked thermos at the other end of the buffet. Unfortunately for me, only half a cup left. The lounge attendant had disappeared and didn't show up during the next five minutes. (I should add in contrast, the front desk people were eager to please, but as mentioned above, not successful either.)

Breakfast. In general, I was extremely disappointed with the breakfast: packaged supermarket cheese (in France? come on...), only sugery and chocolaty cereals, and runny scrambled egg. Since the attendants ignored the customers, it was not possible to order other eggs.

I have been to other CDG airport hotels (mostly when I had missed a flight connection). I vaguely remember that the Mercure was a disaster, but the Radisson was better than this Hilton experience.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 7:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Shuttle: The CDG airport authority were the ones who did away with shuttle service from the gates to the hotel and now requires the shuttle to take on riders only on the upper deck of the TGV gare area at Terminal 2. This is not anything the hotel can be blamed on - it's wise to check various sources before encountering the issue. The property website correctly states "Courtesy Airport Shuttle buses are available, free of charge, 7 days a week and run every 15 to 20 minutes between 6.00 am and 11.30 pm (on request from 11.30 pm to 6 am) directly to the Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport hotel. They are available at Terminal 2: TGV Station").

Unfortunately, "being polite" does not compute in many cultures - for the return, you get to the shuttle area early and be pushy about your bag and taking a seat - a Euro or two to the bellman with the bag will usually expedite your bag's making it into the boot, a whilst you grab your seat. That's what got us to our terminal (they can and will drop you at the drop-off area closest to your airline check-in counter if you ask) in May and previously.

Service attitude: I've always been treated more than well on check-in and by hotel desk staff. On our most recent stay we were upgraded to a very nice full junior suite.

OTOH the lounge attendants are basically entry-level employees who basically put out the F&B in a disorganized way and do not keep anything replenished properly, nor do they clean up quickly. They seem to have have little or no supervision and I doubt they have much training.

The restaurant staff are largely aversive to anything resembling promptness, attentiveness, customer service and pleasantries, though one can get attention by the usual hand gestures and French expressions (not ever the ubiquitous in guidebooks garçon).

We generally choose not to eat at the Hilton - when returning from Provence for an overnight to catch our flight to the US, we preferred to take the TGV into Gare de Lyon, have a nice lunch before proceeding to the Hilton CDG and take a snack in the lounge (the Roissypole / Terminal 3 RER station is less than a block from the hotel and very easy with reasonable luggage).

Breakfast: Perhaps juice, a croissant and coffee at best, as one can do better at the airport, in the lounges or onboard.

Sorry you had a poor experience. We generally do not have high expectations (other than from FD personnel) and find the property convenient, reliable, clean and basically an airport hotel with fair services in other areas of amenities and service, and it's usually available for a decent price (in Euros or points).
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAAdvantage
Stayed at the Hilton CDG 3 weeks ago and had a great experience. Excellent front desk service, upgrade to an executive suite and free breakfast in the dining room (Hilton Gold). I asked about transportation to terminal 1 for the next morning and was advised there is no shuttle due to airport restrictions. However the desk clerk spoke to the bell captain and they arranged to drive us over (in a car which is allowed) for no charge. Not sure why I got this service but I was very pleased and would definitely recommend the hotel.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:48 pm

We will arrive at CDG at 0600 with a 31 hour stop-over. Has anyone had experience getting a really early check-in? We just want to throw bags in room, shower, change, and take RER to Paris.

Also, to get from hotel to RER station, do we need to take the shuttle back to TGV station and then walk?

thanks,

Marc
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Marq
Also, to get from hotel to RER station, do we need to take the shuttle back to TGV station and then walk?
The Hilton is 100 metres walk from the RER B line Terminal 1/3 (Roissypole) station.

Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Seems golds are doing well for suite upgrades here, just an observation.....
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Exec Plus rooms are easily a suite in other hotels perhaps the OP was confused?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
The Hilton is 100 metres walk from the RER B line Terminal 1/3 (Roissypole) station.
this is exactly what i did....walk to the hotel from the station....on the way back to the airport i took the shuttle....
Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
Shuttle: The CDG airport authority were the ones who did away with shuttle service from the gates to the hotel and now requires the shuttle to take on riders only on the upper deck of the TGV gare area at Terminal 2. This is not anything the hotel can be blamed on.
Is this a relatively recent change? If so, it would explain why (a) I had a very different recollection from my earlier stays at airport hotels and (b) why the signage in the baggage area of terminal 2E was wrong (the only sign that I could find for this directed me to "exit 4", but there was nothing there, not even a sign saying that this was not the hotel shuttle pick-up point anymore).

Anyway, this doesn't seem to be a Hilton issue.

Originally Posted by hugolover
The Exec Plus rooms are easily a suite in other hotels perhaps the OP was confused?
Not sure whether "OP" refers to me, but if it does: the words "full suite" and "junior suite" were used by the check-in agents when she gave me the options. I checked the hotel website and the picture they have for the executive plus rooms looks exactly like the room I had.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by fptxenemit
Is this a relatively recent change?
June 1 2011 IIRC
Old Jun 3, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Delta, Hyatt, YMCA
Great Hotel

I stayed here few times, usually after staying in Paris or on layovers on flights from South Africa. I love this hotel! This would be my favorite Hilton in Paris if only it would be closer to Paris.

I figured long time ago that in France (and the rest of Europe for that matter) if you are extra polite and speak softly you got better service.

Example from just 30 minutes ago; I am in the Imperial Lounge, here comes big and loud guy how just rush to food table, load the plate, got two beer bottles and tries to leave the lounge with all this stuff. Being stopped by one of the (very sweet) ladies working here, he starts a tired; I just came from London, I am an American, I am tired, I will bring plates back. She still says no. He leaves really piss@@@, Just as he is leaving there is a 12-14 years old kid, in the bathrobe, and flippers getting in the lounge, gets outside, on the balcony and yells to his family (presumably in the swimming pool, which is 9 floors below); hey, I got us table here! You could be assure that stuff here loves Americans as much as the rest of the guests.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This shuttle airport authority restricted pickup business is relatively new - perhaps as of June 2011 as Wally Bird says, as previously to that we could catch it at the designated gate.

The easiest way to get to the TGV / RER is to go to the closest extreme of your arrival terminal if 2E or 2D and go to the lower floor, following the signs for the Gare TGV (and of course, then take the lift up to the top floor where the shuttles depart).

IMO CDG is not the easiest airport to navigate...

Originally Posted by fptxenemit
Is this a relatively recent change? If so, it would explain why (a) I had a very different recollection from my earlier stays at airport hotels and (b) why the signage in the baggage area of terminal 2E was wrong (the only sign that I could find for this directed me to "exit 4", but there was nothing there, not even a sign saying that this was not the hotel shuttle pick-up point anymore).

Anyway, this doesn't seem to be a Hilton issue....<snip>
Old Jun 9, 2012, 5:51 pm

Thumbs up Hilton CDG Airport trip report

Very Nice hotel. Stayed 4 days and was upgraded to the Exec floor. Ask for the Concorde View rooms, there are other rooms in the hotel that has windows to the lobby. There is huge Concorde - the pride of Air France on Display. There is nothing in the walking distance like - Carrefour, Auchan, Mono prix etc., but the RER is only about 500 ft. walk. The hotel is a walking distance from the CDG val - Terminal 3. Great Lobby and good service. Got recognition as a diamond with all standard perks, water, Exec Lounge, Free Internet etc. We got a Paris Visite pass which covers the CDG and ORly stations as it is in Zone 5. Notre Dame station is about 30 mins and once you are in the RER system it is well connected. You can go ORLY station using RER B and the Free shuttle ORLY VAL from the Anthony station. Great place to stay for vacation if you are using points, We booked for 3 adults, but ended up with 2 adults and 2 kids. ^
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Quickest way from CDG 2F to Hilton w/ luggage.

We will be arriving into CDG 2F on a domestic flight and staying the night at the Hilton before heading back to the States the next morning.

I have tried to research how we get from the terminal 2F to the Hilton and I am finding the information a little confusing.

1. Is it walkable?

2. If not... where in relation to 2F is the TGV station which is where the Hilton shuttle bus makes a stop. ( I think I answered my own question....it appears to be right there.)

3. Is there an email that I can directly write to the hotel?

Thanks.

Last edited by david55; Jul 4, 2012 at 8:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.