Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-VA} (was DTree)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-VA} (was DTree)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:23 am

I just returned from this property. I found it to be charming, historic, and comfortable. The room was on the small side, but other than that, I had no complaints. The room was clean, comfortable, and offered wired and wireless internet. The hallways are lined with historic photos of the property.

I appreciated that after I signed up for the wireless internet, I did not have to ask the front desk to remove the charges as part of my HHonors gold benefits.

Although I was not "upgraded" to the executive wing of the hotel -- and I'm not sure it would have made any difference in the level of accommodations -- I was invited to make full use of the executive lounge. At check-in, I was given a business card with the lounge's location and operating hours. A sign in the lounge welcomed all HHonors gold and diamond guests. No one was checking status, however; anyone can just walk in. There isn't much to recommend the lounge -- in the evening, the only choices were some small, cold, bland sandwiches and bland chicken satay with bland peanut sauce. Small cans of soda (Coke, Diet Coke, or Sprite) and a coffee machine round out the list of complimentary beverages. Beer and wine ranged from about $5-$8.

Breakfast in the morning consisted of melon, sausages in a pastry shell (hot entree), and some bagels. The executive lounge is very cramped, with seating for only about a dozen people. Two computer terminals and one television round out the offerings.

In hindsight, I wish I had chosen the 1000 bonus points instead of lounge access with a room upgrade. I would have been highly dissatisfied had I actually paid $40 to upgrade to the executive wing.

Self-parking is $7/day. Valet is $12/day. If you self-park, be prepared for a lengthy, uphill walk to reach the front desk.

The Pine Room, the hotel's pub, was hopping on a Saturday night. The place was packed at 10 PM, and a singer/guitar player was entertaining the guests. I prefer a more quiet environment, so I took a pass.

Aside from the disappointing lounge, I really have no substantive complaints. I ultimately want a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable rate, and the Hotel Roanoke fits the bill.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Any recent reviews?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:18 pm

Yeah, here's one

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/...t-not-pay-bill
The Republican presidential nominee said he felt like he was "in a sauna" speaking to supporters at the Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center on Monday and warned he might not pay the bill.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Anyone eaten at the Regency Room? I'm staying there in a week and am contemplating just eating at the restaurant.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Looking at booking here for one night for a BRP trip. I am diamond but looking to book on points, what are chances of upgrade and/or executive lounge at this one?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by miadukes
Looking at booking here for one night for a BRP trip. I am diamond but looking to book on points, what are chances of upgrade and/or executive lounge at this one?
This is one of my favorite Hilton properties in the U.S. As a diamond, chances are very good that you will indeed get an upgrade. As a Gold, I was once upgraded to their 2-room parlor suite. And as Diamond have always gotten a nice upgrade. Diamond status will also give you access to their excellent lounge.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Havek
This is one of my favorite Hilton properties in the U.S. As a diamond, chances are very good that you will indeed get an upgrade. As a Gold, I was once upgraded to their 2-room parlor suite. And as Diamond have always gotten a nice upgrade. Diamond status will also give you access to their excellent lounge.
Thanks so much for the response. I was reading reviews and all said same as you, the lounge was great! We are doing a motorcycle trip thru the BRP and figured on night 3 (thats our night in Roanoke) it would be nice to move up to a nice hotel. I'm definitely looking forward to staying there! I actually went with a cash reservation, it ended up being $186 for the night but it was 46k on points so figured cash was better. Not sure what the normal rate here is but this is for a thursday night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.