Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Phone and Online award availability differ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

I just tried to make a reward booking for my mother, it costs 20k points per night but when I call up to book, they say it is only available for 45k points even though it's for the same room and same period of stay.

The agent insist it isn't possible that the website shows fewer points than needed than her system, at the end I booked it online to confirm that's possible and then they changed the name of the booking on their backend (which is not reflected online).

Has anyone had a frustrating experience like this? I am worried that my mother will be denied check in at the hotel as I won't be there but two different phone agent cannot find the same availability on their system, forcing me to book online and get them to change the name (which I cannot confirm whether that's done or not as the change is not reflected online in my booking).
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Have you tried to call the property directly to add your mother’s name to the reservation? That may be more productive than calling the general Hilton line. When you call the hotel, request to add your mother’s name as an additional guest in the room. That way, she can check in if you are not there. Good luck and let us know if this works!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hotel Points Guy
Have you tried to call the property directly to add your mother’s name to the reservation? That may be more productive than calling the general Hilton line. When you call the hotel, request to add your mother’s name as an additional guest in the room. That way, she can check in if you are not there. Good luck and let us know if this works!
I ended up emailing the hotel as I want to have written proof that everything is done before she arrives, let's see how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.