Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 19, 10, 8:42 am   #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbhc View Post
...[points] have not posted to my Hilton Honors account yet...
You probably now have more than one HH account. Despite your entering your HH number in the app process, often times a new HH account is set up. You'll need to get this sorted out, as others have done.
Kohoutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 10, 11:53 am   #482

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbhc View Post
I had 30,000 bonus miles plus my regular earned points listed on my August statement and I have paid my bill on time, yet these have not posted to my Hilton Honors account yet. How log does Hilton Citibank Visa points take to post after the closing date of your statement and when you pay the bill?
Do you mean points? not miles? My 25K bonus points and regular points posted about 2 days after my first statement closed. Knowing others had problems with new accounts being setup, i had contacted customer service after I got my card to verify they had the correct hhonors number attached to the card.

For anyone with an iphone, the Citi Cards iphone application does not work with the Hhonors card. I found this out by contacting customer service since it just said "not available at this time" when i logged into the app. I thought it was because it was a new card.
fligster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 11, 7:30 am   #483

any referral bonus?

Anyone know if there is a current referral bonus tied to this card? I currently have one, and want to get my husband one with points going to our account also. Just wondering if there is any kind of referral bonus I can get by doing so?
lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 11, 3:45 pm   #484

I received my 25k bonus points but am amazed how worthless these points seem. It seems all it is good for is one night at a lowly 2 star hotel. Am I missing something?
show_me_the_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 11, 6:19 pm   #485

Programs: AA mm, SPG gold, Hyatt & PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Quote:
Originally Posted by show_me_the_points View Post
I received my 25k bonus points but am amazed how worthless these points seem. It seems all it is good for is one night at a lowly 2 star hotel. Am I missing something?
Well, they do want you to stay at their properties and spend lots of money on the card to accumulate points faster, after all...

The real winner (beside the card company) is the AMEX - see this current offer from our friend Gary @ www.freefrequentflyermiles.com/index.htm
jumpdogjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 11, 8:39 pm   #486

churnable

Is this card churnable?
ddfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 11, 12:52 am   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddfr View Post
Is this card churnable?
Yes.
Kohoutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 11, 7:44 pm   #488

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, SPG Gold
Earn 25 Extra Hilton HHonors Bonus Points per $100 spent (invite only)

I received the following offer from Citi in the snail mail today. Looked a lot like the balance transfer checks I get in the mail from them and almost shredded it instantly. It comes with an invitation number tied to my Citi HH VISA.

"Earn 25 Extra Hilton HHonors Bonus Points per $100 spent on eligible purchases until 6/30/11.* You deserve to be rewarded for using your Citi Hilton HHonors Card, and this special offer does just that. HHonors Bonus Points add up quickly and you can turn them into great rewards. So enjoy your Bonus points -- on us! To take part in this offer, you must enroll by 5/29/11 using the Invitation Number given below.

* With this offer, you will earn 25 extra Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points per $100 spent on eligible purchases until 6/30/11. Additional earnings associated with this program may overlap with other offers in which you are currently enrolled. Eligible purchases exclude balance transfers, cash advances, items returned for credit, fees, and interest charges. The promotion starts within 4 business days of when you accept this offer and will end on 6/30/11.

In order to qualify for this offer, the account must be open and current at all times. If your account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another product, you may no longer be eligible."

Not much of a bonus at all, especially since I rarely use the card (only where my HH Surpass AMEX isn't accepted ), but hey, free points.

Last edited by ptpinit; Apr 12, 11 at 7:46 pm. Reason: more info
ptpinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 11, 4:48 am   #489

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpinit View Post
I received the following offer from Citi in the snail mail today. Looked a lot like the balance transfer checks I get in the mail from them and almost shredded it instantly. It comes with an invitation number tied to my Citi HH VISA.

"Earn 25 Extra Hilton HHonors Bonus Points per $100 spent on eligible purchases until 6/30/11.* You deserve to be rewarded for using your Citi Hilton HHonors Card, and this special offer does just that. HHonors Bonus Points add up quickly and you can turn them into great rewards. So enjoy your Bonus points -- on us! To take part in this offer, you must enroll by 5/29/11 using the Invitation Number given below.

* With this offer, you will earn 25 extra Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points per $100 spent on eligible purchases until 6/30/11. Additional earnings associated with this program may overlap with other offers in which you are currently enrolled. Eligible purchases exclude balance transfers, cash advances, items returned for credit, fees, and interest charges. The promotion starts within 4 business days of when you accept this offer and will end on 6/30/11.

In order to qualify for this offer, the account must be open and current at all times. If your account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another product, you may no longer be eligible."

Not much of a bonus at all, especially since I rarely use the card (only where my HH Surpass AMEX isn't accepted ), but hey, free points.

Thats a really good offer. Worth directing a month of spening on another card towards that one.
Droch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 11, 6:54 am   #490

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, BW Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droch View Post
Thats a really good offer. Worth directing a month of spening on another card towards that one.
If the OP uses the Hilton Am Ex card, it wouldn't be worth switching spending to the citi card with Merchants that accept am ex.

They are getting 25 bonus points per $100 spent. Citi gives you 2 points per $ spent. Am Ex is 3 points per $. That would mean on a $100 spend it would be 300 hilton points. With citi 200 plus the 25 bonus points is a total of 225 hilton points. OP would still net 75 more points on Am Ex. And if it's a merchant like a phone company or grocery store that is 6 pts/$ it would be much more.
jamesteroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 11, 12:11 pm   #491

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
If the OP uses the Hilton Am Ex card, it wouldn't be worth switching spending to the citi card with Merchants that accept am ex.

They are getting 25 bonus points per $100 spent. Citi gives you 2 points per $ spent. Am Ex is 3 points per $. That would mean on a $100 spend it would be 300 hilton points. With citi 200 plus the 25 bonus points is a total of 225 hilton points. OP would still net 75 more points on Am Ex. And if it's a merchant like a phone company or grocery store that is 6 pts/$ it would be much more.
Thanks jamesteroh, I wasn't able to do the higher math in my head earlier this morning I signed up for the Citi bonus, but will continue my typical spending habits, which is only about $400/month on the VISA (woot woot an extra 100 HH pts.)
Old Apr 13, 11, 7:12 pm   #492
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I usually only use it to pay one monthly bill of less than $29, so I may miss the target of $100. I don't think I'll fret too much about that. 25 points? It was hardly worth the energy to send the email to me.
PaulMSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 14, 9:06 pm   #493

After applying and getting the credit card my account still says I am blue tier. Do I need to wait until my first statement closes to see it update to gold status?
bfpri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 14, 10:57 pm   #494

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfpri View Post
After applying and getting the credit card my account still says I am blue tier. Do I need to wait until my first statement closes to see it update to gold status?
Didn't think this card got you Gold status....
The Reserve card gets you Gold
This one gets you Silver.
Hawkeyefan is offline   Reply With Quote