Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors® Visa® Signature Card from Citibank®

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors® Visa® Signature Card from Citibank®

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Uniter
I was surprised to find that the Visa now offers 6 points per $ charged at Hiltons ...which is higher than the Amex! I think I have to get it now!
I just saw this last night myself. I guess Citibank is willing to shell out more to Hilton than Amex is!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 1:47 pm

Programs: hilton-Diamond, ba, Cunard-Platinum
Not that simple

Originally Posted by yorock
I just saw this last night myself. I guess Citibank is willing to shell out more to Hilton than Amex is!
If you make your reservation online with an AMEX card, you get an extra 500 points. So if you stay one night for $100, you get 5 x 100 = 500 + the booking bonus of 500 points for a total of 1000 points for spending $100. Obviously if your bill was $500, you would gross 3000 points or 6/$ spent. So if you are going to spend over $500, you should use the Citicard. Under $500, use AMEX.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 3:00 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Artie
If you make your reservation online with an AMEX card, you get an extra 500 points. So if you stay one night for $100, you get 5 x 100 = 500 + the booking bonus of 500 points for a total of 1000 points for spending $100. Obviously if your bill was $500, you would gross 3000 points or 6/$ spent. So if you are going to spend over $500, you should use the Citicard. Under $500, use AMEX.
Nice math, Artie! I'd forgotten the online booking bonus.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 6:11 am

What is Spirit Incentives?

The current credit card offer includes, for the first year only, a certificate redeemable for companion air travel provided that you purchase a ticket for $299 or more through a company named Spirit Incentives. What is Spirit Incentives? Has anyone taken advantage of this offer? And if so, did they market anything else to you?
Old Nov 16, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Citibank Hilton HHonors Signature Visa Credit Card

After a VERY brief swing to an increased points earning scheme of 6 pts/$ at Hhonors hotels, 3 pts/$ for gas, pharmacies, and supermarkets, and 2 pts/$ for all else, the scheme on the web site is back to what it originally had been.

It was good while it lasted, I guess.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
After a VERY brief swing to an increased points earning scheme of 6 pts/$ at Hhonors hotels, 3 pts/$ for gas, pharmacies, and supermarkets, and 2 pts/$ for all else, the scheme on the web site is back to what it originally had been.

It was good while it lasted, I guess.
Sounds like a false alarm.

Where are you looking, Vic?

I see no change to the 6/3/2 earnings, according to the card's terms page (see https://www.accountonline.com/ACQ/Di...B1=P&t=&uc=2HU)

HH page still lists 6/3/2 as well: http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/creditvisa.do
Old Nov 16, 2007, 2:09 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Originally Posted by BriGuy
Sounds like a false alarm.

Where are you looking, Vic?
I was looking at hhonorscard.com, which at one point in time did mention the 6/3/2 terms. I was originally going there to get to the Visa Signature discounts to get a code for a discount on an online order. I almost skipped right away without looking at the offer (since I am already a cardholder) when it caught my eye.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 3:42 pm

I was looking at hhonorscard.com, which at one point in time did mention the 6/3/2 terms.
How strange, the "front page" has reverted back to the old program, but if you click on Citi® Terms & Conditions at the bottom, it brings up the current 6/3/2 terms.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I was looking at hhonorscard.com
Bad content management here by Citi and Hilton.

This Web front page at hhonorscard.com is wrong.

The Ts&Cs page (link in my previous post, as well as on hhonorscard.com) points to the 6/3/2 plan.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, AA Lifetime Plat, SPG Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Plat
Applied for signature visa, got gold. Bonus points?

I applied for the Visa signature card with the 15,000 point bonus offer. My card arrives in the mail and its the gold card. It still earns the 6/3/2 point structure but no word of bonus points. Any experience with this? What is the difference between the two cards?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 7:32 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
I would send it back and refuse the card..this is NOT the card you applied for.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, AA Lifetime Plat, SPG Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Plat
I just noticed the fine print "If you are not qualified for a signature card you will be considered for a gold card." I have great credit but I think I have too many citibank cards. I still want the 6 points / hilton spend since i'll have like 3 months consecutive of 3-4 nights per week at high dollar properties.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:02 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Same bonus points.

I had the same thing happen last month...applied for sig and got the gold. Same bonus points will be awarded. The only difference between the two cards is gold apr is 1.5-2% higher ( the 2.9 intro apr on purchases/balance transfers is good on both accounts). The gold card doesn't have "signature" benefits...no preset spending limit, preferred travel/entertainment services,etc. So it's basically the same award earning structure for both cards just fewer Visa benefits.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Got HH Citi Visa in Jan. 07-- still waiting for 10k bonus points

does anyone have any suggestions for my situation?: in jan 07, i took the offer to get a hh signature citibank card with 15k bonus points. Despite faxing HH the offer in print, making numerous calls (one where i was on hold 22 minutes- i timed it), and getting letters from citi saying, "We apologize... the bonus point will be posted," i am still waiting for 10k of the 15k points promised. the last letter said the 10k would post by July 07... but i'm still waiting. help.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 5:04 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Citi Visa Signature Card: What's the current best sign up offer?

Anyone know if the 15,000 bonus point offer found on Hilton's site is currently the best sign up deal?

Here's the link to it:
http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/creditvisa.do

Thanks all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.