Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Good Customer Service at Hilton Honors: Thank You!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Customer Service at Hilton Honors: Thank You!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2000, 10:47 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You need to log in to your HHonors account. Their is a new tab for missing credit after the view hotel and non hotel activity tab.
Old Dec 29, 2000, 6:35 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
HHonors service center continues to shine.

Called the 800 number yesterday because I recently had a reward stay where I charged meals to my room, and I wanted HHonors points for those incidental charges.

I gave the agent the dates and the amount, and she did it, on the spot. No arguement, no fax or express ship in your boarding passes or folios, just done and then a question if there was any other way to help me today.

Maybe it's because i'm Diamond VIP, or maybe they treat everyone that way, but with all the customer service and customer care departments we frequent travelers have to deal with, HHonors really shines as hassle-free.
Old Dec 29, 2000, 7:11 am

I too just had HHonors Customer Service help out in a very timely manner. I transferred 10,000 Deltal SkyMiles into 20,000 HHonors points months ago and the points never posted. One quick email and the points posted 2 days later.

I'm glad to see that Hilton is just as responsive as Starwood.
Old Dec 29, 2000, 7:43 am
DOC 2 BE

I heartily AGREE! They helped me by correctly adjusting the bonuses due me for the FastTrack to Gold, as well as the Double Points/Miles promotion!

And lest we not forget, the large # of people who have upgraded to Gold as a result of the current promotion, with few if any reservations (no pun intended!) or impediments. Also, there is a toll free # to reach someone at Hilton Honors to make your complaint concerning your account. Marriott requires you to make a long distance toll call to Utah to speak to a live persnon.

Old Dec 29, 2000, 9:16 am

I absolutely agree! It saves a lot of time and hassle. Way to go Hilton! Maybe it's time for Starwood to notice and learn a thing or two from Hilton.
Old Dec 29, 2000, 2:26 pm

Yes, the HHonors service center has improved 1000% over the last year! Thank you Adam, and Yasmine, and all the other helpful folks over there.
Old Dec 29, 2000, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Wholehearted concurrence, NJDavid! The HHonors service center people are great. They helped me combine two accounts I somehow ended up with under different addresses (home and office), without making me prove I was one and the same person. They even threw in credit for a stay at Bally's while they were at it. It had been a direct-bill to my company, and I didn't realize that I could get Hilton points for it until after I had left town. Nice and easy - just the way it should be. Thanks!

With both HHonors and CO's nice-and-easy EUA, the Moose has a terrific travel team. Tipped antlers on both accounts.
Old Dec 29, 2000, 3:26 pm

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
You guys know I a big fan of Hilton and the super CS folks there - but I tried 3 times over last two days to call them and the anticipated hold time was 28 minutes, 30 minutes, 33 minutes - I actually stayed on hold at one point about 20 minutes but no dice... I emailed my request to Kristy Hall and Adam Burke - I'm sure they'll respond. Me thinks they need some more phone lines or more warm bodies - maybe it's low staff over the holidays.

[This message has been edited by svpii (edited 12-29-2000).]
Old Jan 1, 2001, 1:10 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
svpii,

I too emailed Adam two weeks ago, and he replied that his staff would look into my concerns. Haven't heard back yet, although one of the problems--missing Aeroplan points to my Air Canada account, suddenly was corrected. My guess is probably a bit short staffed over the holday season.

Happy New Year !!

bj-21.

------------------
'Tis better to have played and won, then never to have played at all.
Old Jan 4, 2001, 3:41 pm

Location: new brunswick, new jersey and farmington, conn. USA
Nope, the service is that good without regard to service level; Mom's a blue and i'm a gold we've both gotten nothing but superb service from the Service Center.

I think Hilton understands that we've got a choice, and that even though their program has the coolest stuff, they want to provide exemplary service anyhow. I wish Continental would buy a clue from this, actually.

[This message has been edited by gwendolynaoife (edited 01-04-2001).]
Old Jan 5, 2001, 4:39 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Originally posted by gwendolynaoife:
I think Hilton understands that we've got a choice, and that even though their program has the coolest stuff, they want to provide exemplary service anyhow. I wish Continental would buy a clue from this, actually.
Wow, I couldn't agree more.....dead on. COntinental offers flight training to other airlines, maybe we can get the HHonors service center to give customer service training to Continental.

Old Jan 5, 2001, 5:29 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
My most recent contact with HHonors has not been very productive.

I am missing a stay and when I called about getting credit for the stay, I was asked to fax over a copy of the bill. I was told it would take 4 WEEKS for the stay to post.

Also, the fax line seems to be pertually busy!

[This message has been edited by BillMorrow (edited 01-05-2001).]
Old Jan 5, 2001, 6:47 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I continue to love the Hhonors service. The service, combined with their overwhelming promotions have garnered so much of my business that I'm wondering if I'll ever earn another Marriott point.

Keep it up Hilton in general, and Adam in particular!
Old Jan 5, 2001, 10:39 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA Gold MM, Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, Hertz PC
I think there service is great overall, but svpii is right. They need to do something about the long hold times.

However, once you get through they do a super job of handling problems.
Old Jan 5, 2001, 5:22 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Sorry, not exactly related to this thread: I have an HHonors award that was not used, how do I get it back to Hilton for re-credit? Is there a fee or something else involved? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.