Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Some hotels do not stick to the 'continental' specification, notably this one re Glass.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Deleted. Changed the dates.

Last edited by ozstamps; Nov 6, 2015 at 6:47 pm
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Pre-checked in .... for tomorrow night.

Picked a Sunday, as less biz folks about then, hence less of a weekend crush at breakfast.

The 'Official' check-in of course is 3pm.

What are my chances at say a 1pm or so check-in do members here think as have a friend coming over for a coffee or wine before we heard out to lunch?

I know it is always a lottery these things, but it is better to phone ahead and ask, or just wing it on the day?

Ages since I stayed here .. room number is pre-allocated and card is on file, can keys be collected at lounge, or does it need to be at front desk only?

And as I know room number of on floor 42 can I give that to our friend or do they still have the lifts working only via room key access?

Last edited by ozstamps; Nov 7, 2015 at 7:06 am
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:43 am
cjd

Got an e-mail from Hhonors today to explore new places this holiday. One of the offers was to spend summer in Sydney from £69. This equates to about 145AUD. However unable to find any rooms for any dates at the Hilton Sydney at such a low price. Why do they advertise these prices which don't exist?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by cjd
Got an e-mail from Hhonors today to explore new places this holiday. One of the offers was to spend summer in Sydney from £69. This equates to about 145AUD. However unable to find any rooms for any dates at the Hilton Sydney at such a low price. Why do they advertise these prices which don't exist?
So here is something funny. For fun I wanted to check out what you were talking about. So I ran a flexible dates search. But I accidentally clicked checking out the same day as checking in. So it showed day use rates. And, many of the day use rates were 149 AUD, or about 69 GBP. So I wonder if that is what they are going off of? The actual overnight rates, can't find anything less than 249 AUD.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by arlflyer
So here is something funny. For fun I wanted to check out what you were talking about. So I ran a flexible dates search. But I accidentally clicked checking out the same day as checking in. So it showed day use rates. And, many of the day use rates were 149 AUD, or about 69 GBP. So I wonder if that is what they are going off of? The actual overnight rates, can't find anything less than 249 AUD.
I would tend to agree with cjd that the promotional email is nonsense. About the cheapest I see this property now is the occasional Sunday night at $199 e.g. currently Jan 17 (also Jan 13)...well actually, those are the only $199 rates I can see for months...did see a handful more a few weeks ago.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:16 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Interesting. I see what you mean. But pretty pointless advertising day rates, which few people want. Was just very surprised to see such low rates advertised as we paid so much more when there in March this year.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by ozstamps

Picked a Sunday, as less biz folks about then, hence less of a weekend crush at breakfast.

What are my chances at say a 1pm or so check-in do members here think as have a friend coming over for a coffee or wine before we heard out to lunch?

I know it is always a lottery these things, but it is better to phone ahead and ask, or just wing it on the day?

Ages since I stayed here .. room number is pre-allocated and card is on file, can keys be collected at lounge, or does it need to be at front desk only?

And as I know room number of on floor 42 can I give that to our friend or do they still have the lifts working only via room key access?
Good chance of early checkin - they will give housekeeping the hurry-up if you ask.

Lounge checkin no problem.

Lifts are DEFINITELY key-only above Level 4.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by ozstamps

How did it go? When I've done e-checkin and selected room wasn't ready yet, they've offered me another available one of same type. Most have lucked out & walked up to reception, handed e-checkin packet, & headed straight up!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:27 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.