Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:40 am

The Hilton Sydney used to allow Gold and Diamond members to have breakfast in the restaurant for no additional charge. Now this is no longer the case.

Our update on this is at: http://www.milesdownunder.com/2015/0...into-an-abyss/
Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Miles Down Under
The Hilton Sydney used to allow Gold and Diamond members to have breakfast in the restaurant for no additional charge. Now this is no longer the case.

One then wonders, what do Gold members who do not get executive lounge access do?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
That's not good news about the restaurant, as its breakfast layout is miles above the EL.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
One then wonders, what do Gold members who do not get executive lounge access do?
I haven't been there recently to verify but apparently all Golds are to take their breakfast in the EL. If they don't have a Executive floor upgrade they do not get in for the rest of the day, including cocktail hour, however. You can still eat in Glass, the restaurant, but there is a sizable surcharge.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I haven't been to Glass for breakfast on my last three stays there as upon exiting the lifts the queue was stretching towards the lifts. They clearly had to do something IMO at the weekends.
If the breakfast is going to be restricted to the Exec Lounge then I hope they improve the quality of the offer which consists of boiled eggs, bakery, cold cuts and some sad looking fruit.
Personally if there has to be a change then I'd prefer a differentiation between Gold and Diamond (as exists at some other properties), with Diamonds being allowed breakfast in Glass.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:30 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Miles Down Under

When did this change occur? At the end of March, as Diamond, we were given the choice of breakfast in the Exec lounge or the Glasshouse restaurant, which we much preferred. Even though the hotel was very busy for the 6 days we were there, we never waited more than a few minutes for a table at breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by cjd
When did this change occur?
May 2015.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Is this the only Hilton Hotel in SYD? No HGI, Doubletree or Conrad? Rooms between $240 - $350 AUD on Hilton's website for winter, which is summer up top.
Do I go back to the W or 4Points?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
As a diamond who has given them many stays over the year. I have received a total of one upgrade and little else.

For the nightly rates they are commanding, time to look elsewhere when staying in the CBD
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
Is this the only Hilton Hotel in SYD? No HGI, Doubletree or Conrad? Rooms between $240 - $350 AUD on Hilton's website for winter, which is summer up top.
Do I go back to the W or 4Points?
Yup. Only one.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lcohen999

As a diamond who has given them many stays over the year. I have received a total of one upgrade and little else.

For the nightly rates they are commanding, time to look elsewhere when staying in the CBD
That is pretty dumb of them. There are many good choices in CBD.

I live here and never seen any decent price deals sadly. Had many a stay in Relaxation Suites there, but only as I knew someone in management to get the upgrade.

Try the Sheraton On The Park a couple streets away .. same or better rates, and THAT lounge view is to die for!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
First stay here (Sydney resident) as a cheap rate of A$169 opened for a Friday night, and with the 5K promo was too good to pass up, also my 29th stay for the year as a Gold.

echeckin on Thu only offered me a King Plus room to Lev 25, but by Friday morning it was offering EL to Lev 38, so I took an x22 room closer to George St with view to Town Hall.

Was actually reasonably impressed with the EL's more modern feel - for canapes liked the addition of soup, hot dishes were vegetarian spring rolls or chicken wings, good cheese selection and a pasta and regular salad. Drinks served by a lovely staffer at a temporary bar.

Room itself was quite good with a separate bath and shower, although the bathroom is a little pokey. TV in room has seemingly been recently upgraded with all Australian Digital TV channels quickly accessed and then some CCTV channels that weren't active.. No payTV sports channels. Bathroom had the larger PTR bottles, although somewhat surprisingly the body was is still the microbeads, rather than the newer orange range.

Breakfast in the EL was OK - hard boiled eggs only hot item, but a good range of cereals, breads, muffins, meats, (and the cheese obviously left over from last night). Nespresso coffee machine is free!, but its obviously not Glass.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Out of interest, where do you see $169 rates?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lcohen999

Yeah, its extraordinary, much more expensive than Sheraton, Westin etc. (nearly 2x Westin on a recent date I looked at in September)

Anybody know why they are in such high demand? Conferences?

I mean, its not like the hotel or rooms are that special for the price charged.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Yeah, its extraordinary, much more expensive than Sheraton, Westin etc. (nearly 2x Westin on a recent date I looked at in September)

Anybody know why they are in such high demand? Conferences?

I mean, its not like the hotel or rooms are that special for the price charged.
Been my question for years. As a Diamond, only one upgrade but the breakfast was always good at Glass, location is great and the rooms, while small were fine (when it is only me).

Taking away Glass as a benefit means I will look elsewhere. Every other Hilton in Australia/NZ treats Diamonds quite well. Something about the one in Sydney...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.