Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2000, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Arrow Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Check out http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum94/HTML/001943.html
Old Oct 2, 2000, 9:31 am

Location: AA - Ex. Plat; SPG - Plat; Priority Club - Plat; HHonors - Diamond
Arrow Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Anyone stayed at the Hilton at O'Hare??

I am debating between it and the Sheraton Suties at O'Hare.

I am Hhonors Diamond and was wondering if that would get me anything at this hotel.

If anyone has stayed and has comments, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Jbird
Old Oct 2, 2000, 9:55 am

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
The big selling point of the O'Hare Hilton is that it is connected to the terminals. You don't have to catch a shuttle to/from the hotel, as you do with any other hotel. I stayed there once before an early morning flight and was given a junior suite as a Hhonors gold member. Very nice rooms, but again, the best thing is it's location.
Old Oct 3, 2000, 8:02 am
In Memoriam, Original Member

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum94/HTML/001943.html
Old Oct 3, 2000, 12:27 pm

Thanks...can't wait to check it out.

I'm Platinum over at Starwood as well and usually prefer their hotels only because of the wider award locations, but I always like to have a second but equal alternative.

Jbird
Old Oct 3, 2000, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Hilton ORD has (or had) some specially equipped rooms to promote a friendly sleep. Can't think of what they named the rooms, but I've stayed in them twice and it was impressive. Super quiet, heavenly bed type setup with neat stereo system.
Old Oct 4, 2000, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
As noted, biggest attraction is being right at the terminal and generally a shorter walk to your room than to a connecting flight at ORD. It's a well equipped property, but if it is space and a pseudo-suite you want, then try Sheraton. If it's a convenient stopover property, do Hilton. If I had business in the area, I'd probably opt for an off-airport location. I've only used this property if I have an early flight out of ORD and wasn't able to book a late evening flight the night before. Really depends on how many nights you are staying? Food choice is limited to the hotel, since ORD's restaurants are the pits, if they are open at all.
Old Oct 5, 2000, 12:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
I've stayed there many times and found that it's most appealing traits are it's location and it's staff. They go to great lengths to take care of HHonors members. While the property itself is somewhat dated, I find it a great choice when taking those early or late flights into or out of ORD.
Old Oct 5, 2000, 3:16 pm

Thanks again to everyone for the info.!!

I am staying there only due to an early morning flight to Heathrow but I appreciate all of the good comments.

Jbird
Old Oct 6, 2000, 6:10 am

> Hilton ORD has (or had) some specially
> equipped rooms to promote a friendly sleep
> ... cannot think of the name ...

Their "Sleep Tight" rooms are WONDERFUL!

The staff at this property actually knows
how-to do their jobs and does it with an
aplomb that other properties should aspire
to.

-Doug
Old Feb 6, 2001, 6:55 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
First Gold Experience-O'Hare Hilton

I was recently comped to Gold (as a Platinum Starwood & Diamond Hyatt), and was interested in seeing how Hilton treats its mid-level guests. I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised. I arrived Friday evening at the O'Hare Airport Hilton and was greated by the desk clerk with my Tower room reservation all set and a letter from Hilton which had 2 free drink certificates, 10% off any hotel restaurant, free bottled water, and a breakfast certificate! And here I was only a mid level--WOW! At Starwood & Hyatt, even at their top tier, I'm generally not treated as well. Now, I know that properties vary, and I'll probably not experience this level again, but it was a really nice introduction to Hilton Honors
Old Feb 6, 2001, 9:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Having stayed at various Starwoods and Hiltons, I must say that there that Starwood edges out HHonors marginally because of the no blackout.

Your treatment at a hotel really depends on the hotel itself. I've found hotels from both chains that treat their elites well and hotels from both chains who couldn't care less even if Queen Elizabeth herself showed up at the lobby.
Old Feb 6, 2001, 11:09 am

Must say I have the same TRIO plus 1 more (Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Plat and Hilton Gold & Marriott Silver) all EARNED. Now before anyone chimes in, I do try to limit my stays and be loyal but with weird travels it forces this quadruple.

AND MY WINNER IS ........

Hyatt without question. More consistent. More upgrades and better amen.

I find Hilton the least consistent of this group in terms of treatment to their elites. Very much up to the property, also the better Hiltons treat their elites better. (Just finished a Suite upgrade, at Merv's place in Bev Hills )
Old Feb 6, 2001, 3:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally posted by 200 ngts/ 200 legs/year:
Must say I have the same TRIO plus 1 more (Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Plat and Hilton Gold & Marriott Silver) all EARNED. Now before anyone chimes in, I do try to limit my stays and be loyal but with weird travels it forces this quadruple.

AND MY WINNER IS ........

Hyatt without question. More consistent. More upgrades and better amen.

I find Hilton the least consistent of this group in terms of treatment to their elites. Very much up to the property, also the better Hiltons treat their elites better. (Just finished a Suite upgrade, at Merv's place in Bev Hills )
Rarely stay at the Hyatt even thought my employer has a contract with them. Reason being that there are just not enough of them around.

[This message has been edited by seawolf (edited 02-06-2001).]
Old Feb 6, 2001, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
My point was more to the fact that as a mid level Gold in Hilton, I was treated very well at this particular property. Sunday night I was at the Hilton Towers in Charlotte, where I received the expected ho-hum treatment, with a 'nice' room on the Club floor. But the mid level's at Starwood & Hyatt (to my knowledge) are not automatically upgraded to the Club floor, that is something reserved for their Top Tier members. I'm at the Hilton Airport Atlanta tonight, so I'll see if my luck holds out.
PS-yes, while I was comped to Gold by Hilton, I earned my Hyatt & Starwood top tiers, and I am trying to give Hilton a portion of my business as a 'thank you' as well as towards fully earning it for next year --You still can't beat the treatment as a Platinum Starwood & Diamond Hyatt in my book!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.