Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2001, 10:11 pm

I'm a bit 'confussed' (spelling intentional- long story) about the lack o' newspapers. At most of the Hilton properties where I've stayed, there is fine print on the folio which says something like 'I agree to pay .50 for daily delivery of USA Today. My initials below indicate that I decline this service and my room rate will be reduced by .50 per night."

I've seen this at Hilton, Embassy and Hampton in and around ORD. So, if you don't get your paper delivered, insist on the refund.

Cheers,

'toad
Old Sep 26, 2001, 11:54 pm

I've seen that addendum to many hotel contracts (for the newspapers). I suppose nothing could stop them from 1. stopping the newspapers 2. increasing the 'rack rates' by fifty cents. I imagine the only reason why they priced it that way was for some tax reasons or something indicating it was a different sort of service.

Beyond that, I could have sworn that there was a splash screen on the Hilton TV channel (advertising all properties) that indicated "Free USA Today at front desk" and then it was gone a few days later. I watched the entire promo twice looking for it.

If I'm ever rich, Hilton definitely won't be my hotel chain of choice. I will remember....
Old Sep 27, 2001, 6:13 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Daniel:
I've seen that addendum to many hotel contracts (for the newspapers). I suppose nothing could stop them from 1. stopping the newspapers 2. increasing the 'rack rates' by fifty cents. I imagine the only reason why they priced it that way was for some tax reasons or something indicating it was a different sort of service. </font>
The way I understand it...this allows USA Today to report hotel newspaper distribution as "paid circulation" rather than "free distribution!"

Old Sep 27, 2001, 11:03 am

Daniel, Gpapadop and others that may know.

I have never used Priceline because there is no way to tell which hotel is chosen prior to purchase. Can you tell me how you were able to get the ORD Hilton? Staying at a hotel with easy airport transportation is the sole reason for my stay and nothing is easier than that Hilton.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Sep 27, 2001, 7:13 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
go to http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelinean...biddingchicago

if you read the pages there you will see that if you bid for a 4* hotel in the O'Hare area you will get the Hilton since there is no other 4* hotel there. I think this is still the case and you are right, there are no guarantees with Priceline which hotel you end up in.

By the way, I have not received credit for the stay and no miles yet
How long does it take or should I just stop dreaming?

Hope this helps

George
Old Oct 5, 2001, 7:27 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I got a call today from the manager to talk about my comment card.

RE:no upgrade

He politely said that Diamonds and full fare Golds have priority. The nights I was there there was simply no available room for me. Therefore, the breakfast and water vouchers. Fine with me

RE: cleaning lady walking in without knocking

He apologized and he sent a note to Housekeeping. I told him not to worry about it.

RE:USA Today

They started giving the papers again he said due to negative feedback they got.

I told him how about the service at the Sports bar. Oh, yes he said, he saw that comment card too. He apologized and he told me he will talk with the staff to make sure this won't happen again. He asked me for the name of the waitress, I told him I did not keep it.

Then he asked if I will be staying with them again. I told him maybe. Then he gave me his number and told me to call him so he "can make sure my stay is right this time".

Actually I've been thinking about taking the family for a weekend in Chicago and using Priceline again. If I do go, and give him a call, what should I expect? (will he even remember me?). Or, when he sees I am on a Priceline booking, will he laugh at my face

I thought just making the effort to call me about my comment cards was a high class gesture and instantly made me feel better about the company.

FWIW

George

[This message has been edited by gpapadop (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old Oct 9, 2001, 8:53 am

Well its nice that you got a call from the manager. I wrote a long note and asked that it personally be delivered to the manager. I never heard a word. I wonder how many complaints they waited for before investing the twenty five cents in USA today subs...
Old Oct 9, 2001, 10:29 am

By the way, I *DID* get airline miles (500) (WITHOUT EVEN ASKING) and stay days credit for my priceline stay!
Old Nov 19, 2001, 7:50 pm

Chicago Hilton overnight

I am coming to ORD at 2 a.m. and need to stay there till 10 a.m.
Has anybody stayed in Chicago Hilton airport?
Does anybody know if they have cheap rooms for a couple hours to hang out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Old Nov 19, 2001, 8:36 pm

I have stayed in the O'hare Hilton three times now, all through Priceline, two times at $35 and one for $40

Check out the chicago hotels section at

http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelinean...iabidding.html

getting it for these prices is almost automatic, getting the points/miles is not

Also check out this about the hotel

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002657.html

stayed there again a few times after that and most problems have been fixed and you sure can't beat the Priceline price

Enjoy
Old Nov 25, 2001, 7:11 pm

Stayed @ O'Hare Hilton last wknd. The reservation was in order. I asked if any rooms had whirlpool tub and was adv negative however, received very nice mini suite, plenty of pillows & towels and space. When I got to the room I realized there was nothing ref "gold" breakfast amenity. Called desk, a packet was delivered under the door. There was only one breakfast coupon. We ate, and then I mentioned @ check out. The clerk adv that packets are made up ahead of time. She promptly called restaurant, asked for cost & tax for the continental breakfast and took it off of the bill. I'd stay @ this facility again.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 11:45 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

We need to stay at the O'Hare Hilton for one night (1/31/02) and the best price I am getting is $199. Is that about right for that property? Are there any discounts for 65+ or any other worthwhile discounts? We have to take an early plane and my husband is recovering from a small stroke. Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2002, 12:34 pm

Once when I was in Chicago, had an early morning flight and called at 9 pm to see if they had room that night. They did (there was no severe weather that day), and the rate they quoted me (no special affiliation given) was $89, which I considered to be a bargain for a hotel 200 feet from United checkin. It was winter, as the reason we decided to stay there was a potential ice storm in the morning during our commute.

You might try one of the 50 hotels that are about 5 minutes' drive away from O'Hare for a cheaper fare, and switch if you can get a better rate as it gets closer. Most hotels in the Rosemont area have free O'Hare shuttles. (hint: if it has O'Hare in the name of the hotel)
Old Jan 5, 2002, 9:00 pm

I have stayed there four times in 2001, I paid $35 for three of them and $40 for one, all through Priceline. If you spend some time on http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelinean...iabidding.html you can see that getting such a low rate has been a slam dunk until very recently when the Hyatt showed up as another 4* in the Ohare region...if you must absolutely stay there I guess I would not risk it. If you can do the shuttle thing (I would call the Hyatt to confirm they have a shuttle running the time you want it BEFORE I place my bid) and you really want to save some money I would just do it...

Hope this helps.

George

[This message has been edited by gpapadop (edited 01-05-2002).]
Old Feb 19, 2002, 12:28 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Bumping this to the top to see if anyone has any recent experiences here? I'll be there the first week in March. Now to see if Priceline works out, otherwise it's $209!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.