Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Conrad Dubai vs Hilton Doha

Just had a couple of nights in the previously magnificent Conrad, Dubai, where I was singularily non plussed.

Stayed there 4 times now, and got better treatment / upgrades as a Gold than I did this time as a diamond. No, and I mean NO recognition as a regular traveller with the exception of the scripted, thank you for your loyalty speech at check in. From start to finish, it wasn't in any way bad, just "meh".

Swapped to Doha, into the Hilton here, and things couldn't be more different, everyone cares, everyone makes an effort, and it is by far a nicer experience.

Conrad lost the edge ? Am I so insignificant as a diamond amongst the Uber wealthy of Dubai, and ignored as a result.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:27 pm

Is there anything specific you can point to aside from a mood/feeling/tone at the Conrad? You said you got no upgrade, well that's never fun, but are there guaranteed benefits that are not being given? Quality of breakfast/lounge has gone downhill, etc.? Just curious - the most recent reports in the property thread, while few, have been positive.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: emirates and velocity and qantas and aeroplan
an in-house convention was underway when I was their yesterday.....your stay might have overlapped with the influx of GM's from Conrad's worldwide and executives and their entourages. Diamonds in the line behind all them for special treatment and/or they were flat out looking after them.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Sounds about right, piss off the paying customers in deference to the staff.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
It is becoming more and more difficult to score an upgrade in Dubai across all the better hotels. There are just too many wealthy travelers that book the best available room.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:54 pm

Went to Dubai two weeks ago just to check out the Conrad. Was very impressed by the excellent staff - eager to please - and I felt very spoiled.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bamboola
Went to Dubai two weeks ago just to check out the Conrad. Was very impressed by the excellent staff - eager to please - and I felt very spoiled.
Agree. Fantastic service, and loved the location with the proximity to the Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa.

May check out the WA @ the Palm on our next visit.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by pokeable
May check out the WA @ the Palm on our next visit.
Please do and report back. Surprisingly little in the way of reports on it here on FT. I am booked there for a night in December on a cert just to try it out, but I usually avoid WAs because I don't want to condone how they treat Diamonds.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:59 am

The GM at Conrad Dubai (Andreas Jersabeck) is formerly the GM of Hilton Doha. The Conrad was floundering a bit when it first opened under another GM, but it seems to have righted itself since he took over in early 2014.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:54 am

It also brought in the Director of Operations from the Conrad Seoul. It was a pleasure to see Serge Cuypers in Dubai.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

I have about a 16 hour layover in Dubai. Obviously Im going to catch up on some sleep. Im going through a transitional process, so I dont have my regular home like I usually do in DXB at this time as its being rented out.

I just got my Hilton surpass free night certificate. What is the best Hilton property in Dubai to use that certificate on? I booked the Conrad, but Im just wondering if the Waldorf Astoria on Palm Island would have been a more appropriate use of the cert, but lm not sure how getting from the Waldorf Astoria to around Dubai would be easy. I have a traveling companion with me who has never been to Dubai so I wanted to be able to show him the city. While the Conrad is actually in the hustle and bustle of Dubai. I would appreciate peoples opinions on where they think I should use that certificate.

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
If you only have 16 hours you want something convenient and quick
In my opinion the Waldorf Dubai is the best Hilton by far but is very inconvenient to get to for such a short duration
The Conrad is very convenient, just exit airport jump on train and it takes you directly to the doors of the Conrad hotel
Could not be any easier
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Only stayed in the Conrad, which is great. Close by all the important attractions. Palm Island is the Des Moines of Dubai :P
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
Only stayed in the Conrad, which is great. Close by all the important attractions. Palm Island is the Des Moines of Dubai :P
Lol... the Conrad it is
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Ive done every Dubai Hilton.

Creek is the best relative to the room rates and very convenient for the airport, but not much else other than Festival City.

That said, GI Al Murraqabat is super cheap, well located and has great rooms, food options are terrible though, so while a few steps down, might actually feature highly on the bang per buck scale.

WA is best overall but location is bad and very expensive.

Conrad is the best location. The hotel its self is not bad (though check the main Conrad Dubai thread, ive only been during Ramadan), the pool area is truly exceptional.

If I was on voucher rather than paying Id go with WA. When work are paying Conrad is best, if its my own money it is Creek.

KONKONA1029 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.