Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]

Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For ease of navigation, the Hilton Rewards FAQ is distributed across posts 1-10 in this thread. This wiki does not duplicate that content; instead, it provides an index to the various sections of the FAQ.
Print Wikipost

Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]

Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: Former NW WP Platinum, and Delta plat, now AA gold Hilton Diamond
Outstanding work Beltway (and Ric Garrido apparently). By far the most useful post in the HH forum. Many thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Folks, a reminder:
Originally Posted by beltway
Please don't use this thread for general discussion of the reward options described here. Listed in the topic-specific posts below are various "definitive threads" where such discussion properly belongs.
For AXON awards, the relevant thread is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html
Old Aug 5, 2012, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
OP, I find this thread more and more useful despite being a long time HH member. However, I am pretty disappointed that Hilton canned pointstretchers with no word about it. My guess is that they think the prem rooms stuff is good enough.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
I recently booked Conrad Koh Samui AXON4 staring Nov 28. Was hoping for AXON7, but CSR said that was all that was available and checked several other dates. She quoted 127k HH points for the stay. My account says 145k charged. I'm now looking to add 3 nights on the front end using GLON, but HH website says they are 217,264 (!) points per night. An obvious glitch, but looking for any advice before calling HH.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
I recently booked Conrad Koh Samui AXON4 staring Nov 28. Was hoping for AXON7, but CSR said that was all that was available and checked several other dates. She quoted 127k HH points for the stay. My account says 145k charged. I'm now looking to add 3 nights on the front end using GLON, but HH website says they are 217,264 (!) points per night. An obvious glitch, but looking for any advice before calling HH.
The same happened to me! I think its because it is not a standard room that website is showing us.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 6:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
Originally Posted by snugglening
The same happened to me! I think its because it is not a standard room that website is showing us.
Please read post #110 directly above.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:22 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
locked per OP request

above says it all

thx

squeakr

co MOD HH
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:31 am

there is one: www.awardspy.com

FT Thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...n-service.html
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Folks, a reminder that this thread is not intended for general discussion. As requested above, please take these discussions to the relevant master threads (noted in posts 1-14 above). I'd rather not have to ask the mods to lock this thread again. Thanks for your cooperation.

(And in case you're wondering what is appropriate: suggestions if you believe that the info in posts 1-14 is incorrect or incomplete.)
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Now that the dust has settled on the Great Devaluation of 2013, I have updated the summaries in posts 1-14 above to reflect the current state of affairs. Please let me know of any errors.

And a reminder:
Originally Posted by beltway
Folks, a reminder that this thread is not intended for general discussion. As requested above, please take these discussions to the relevant master threads (noted in posts 1-14 above). I'd rather not have to ask the mods to lock this thread again. Thanks for your cooperation.

(And in case you're wondering what is appropriate: suggestions if you believe that the info in posts 1-14 is incorrect or incomplete.)
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I've updated post #11 to include a link to an Excel spreadsheet that calculates the optimal award choice for any hotel category & stay of up to 20 nights. Please take it for a test drive and let me know of any problems, either by posting here or via PM.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:20 pm

Beltway,

Thank you very much for this updated post. This is absolutely one of the best threads in this forum, regardless of new devaluation and all of that, thank you for making the chart and clear recommendations. Kudos!

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Jul 21, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Thanks! This has helped me navigate the waters after the devaluation!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I've updated post #5 to provide more detail on Points & Money awards.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium and Delta Gold
AXON - Bora Bora

I have read multiple threads and am trying to wrap my head around the AXON award. I am trying to book the Hilton Bora Bora 12/3 - 12/7. I called the HHonors number and the option of the AXON was not presented to me. Is this something that I have to explicitly ask for? Should I be able to get this award for 300k points?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.